“Big Disappointment” 2 of 5 stars

$50 Nightly Credit
The Villages, Florida
“Big Disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

My daughter and I stayed for 3 nights in mid August. The first day we were out of the room until around 4:30 in the afternoon. We returned to find the room still had not been cleaned. The front desk then sent a maintenance worker to clean the room since all housekeepers were gone for the day. The next morning we ordered room service breakfast. It was brought on a tray not wheeled on a table which made it difficult to enjoy with out a table. The Danish were dry and hard. The last day we called for a bellman to get our luggage and for our car to be brought around. We waited over 30 minutes and had to go down to the bell stand ourselves to get help. The only bright spot of our stay was Josh the server in Vernon's who was outstanding. As a frequent traveler and platinum elite member I expected so much more from Marriott. I will not stay there again.

206 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Rincon, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed here for one night on Labor Day weekend (Aug. 31-Sept.1, 2014). The receptionists (Jessica and Almitrus) were so helpful when checking in. When I explained how my mother was 90 and had just been diagnosed with cancer this past week and that I had not requested a room with a walk in shower, they went far above and beyond and upgraded my mother and I to one of the villas. I can't even begin to say how unbelievable our mini vacation was. The villa was incredible. My mother and I spent that afternoon and the this morning giggling and created what we be memories for me to keep forever. I wish I could say mom will be around to come back here again next year but..... On check out there again was Jessica and Almitrus (I wondered if they ever left from the day before) were both just as pleasant and wanted to know if my stay had been everything I had hoped for. It was beyond anything I could have hoped for.
After staying in the villa, I will when I one day return, book a villa. The room was so spacious. Separate living room, kitchen was modern, the bathroom...oh the bathroom...double sinks, the walk in shower was beautiful and the beds were Marriott impeccable. Love love love the Marriott's mattresses and bed linen. My mom even commented that she hadn't slept that well in years. She had no leg cramps which is a nightly occurrence and she had plenty of room to set up her breathing machine, medicines, etc. The room was so clean upon arrival. The Marriott had a wheelchair for us to use during our stay which was the perfect size for mom. We were able to go around to many areas on the grounds. This hotel has so many great restaurants, fish chowder was yummy, the homemade sliced potato's with grated parmesan with blue cheese dressing was our favorites. Everyone we came across who worked for Marriott were pleasant and must really like working for this particular resort (which tells me the management must be awesome as well). This morning we took the shuttle bus over to the beach, the drivers were friendly and engaged us in conversation about the hotel and local area. The private beach was beautiful, there was plenty of shady places to place my mom. So while she sat in a very comfortable chair (not a beach lounge chair but an outdoor very nice chair), I played in the ocean. I even got to take her into the pool. If I could rate this hotel higher than 5 stars I would. And above all, I can't thank Almitrus and Jessica for the upgrade and allowing me to spend the best night with my mom and create a memory that I will cherish for all time. Thank you Marriott for hiring the right people and continuing the high standards that I find the Marriott Resorts to maintain. One last thing..if you have kids...this is the best place to bring them. I saw many families having fun and this resort offers the kids lots to do, from biking to miniature golf on premises.

Room Tip: The villas are wonderful and are quieter but in less than two minute walk you're at the main poo...
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Visited the Sawgrass with my wife and 3 kids in the summer 2014

What a great vacations weekend. We stayed in a 2 room suite (the kind of suites where 2 bedrooms can be booked separated, or they get connected through a door). The suite is amazing. Once you open the door that divides the rooms, you are in a luxurious apartment where you wont have any complaint.

The location is convenient and the service is as good as it gets

Would be happy to go back again if visited Ponte Vedra in the future

Ps. You will find yourself surrounded by an incredible symphony of animals songs, nature would stop impressing us during the day
Ps. I dont play golf and still enjoy the place, there is much more than golf in there

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Been waiting to check in. 4pm promise for room availability is Unreliable! Marriott failed to deliver in this location. Even if they were at full capacity they should have anticipated this problem and make necessary adjustments. Even my 12 year old knows that

• Stayed August 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I gave this resort a rating of very good even though everything about the resort was excellent. I save the excellent ratings for some of the all-inclusive resorts in Mexico. We had a great time at the resort starting at checkin. The young lady checking us in at front desk was exceptional. No need to repeat all the good that has been said in other reviews about this resort. The only thing that would make this resort fit in my excellent category is to be an all-inclusive directly on the beach resort.

Room Tip: If you are in the main hotel choose an even numbered room.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This Resort has many things going for it. The common areas are busy with people but we never feel crowded. There are pools and outside seating and bar/restaurant area with great views. There are bikes and a spa on the grounds. Cannot sit on balconies but can open the sliding doors to enjoy the view or breeze. There is shuttle to/from beach which was always accessible even for morning and evening walks. There is convenient self-parking or valet. Restaurants, grocery stores are nearby. There is resort fee. Some front desk staff are helpful, others are not.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I checked in on Tuesday mid August 2014. I requested a king and there none available. The front desk manager said if I could wait for my room she would see what she could do. They did find me a king room and called on my cell phone that it was available. The hotel is set in an oak hammock in NE Florida so it was hot and not much breeze even though very near the ocean. This is to be expected so no big deal. The room was very clean and housekeeping was very courteous. The Wedge Salad in the pub was wonderful. I had it 3 days in a row. The bus to the beach very easy to get and runs often. I had dinner on the ocean in both the café and upscale restaurant and all was great! Conference very well done too. Conference rooms correct temperature throughout the event.

Room Tip: Request lagoon on about 3rd floor. Top floor rooms all you see is tree tops.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Been to Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!