“Association Conference Stay” 4 of 5 stars

$50 Nightly Credit
Orlando
“Association Conference Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I checked in on Tuesday mid August 2014. I requested a king and there none available. The front desk manager said if I could wait for my room she would see what she could do. They did find me a king room and called on my cell phone that it was available. The hotel is set in an oak hammock in NE Florida so it was hot and not much breeze even though very near the ocean. This is to be expected so no big deal. The room was very clean and housekeeping was very courteous. The Wedge Salad in the pub was wonderful. I had it 3 days in a row. The bus to the beach very easy to get and runs often. I had dinner on the ocean in both the café and upscale restaurant and all was great! Conference very well done too. Conference rooms correct temperature throughout the event.

Room Tip: Request lagoon on about 3rd floor. Top floor rooms all you see is tree tops.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

199 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We enjoyed this resort several days while my husband attended a conference there. We loved it. Even though neither of us plays golf, there was plenty to do all day and we'll into the night. We were delighted that we could bring our dogs. The villas are pet friendly and still very clean. There was plenty of room to walk them.
I would like to take this opportunity to recognize a fee of the exceptional staff.
Angela at the front desk was very helpful and provided us with sound suggestions and recommendations.
Amanda in the banquet dept did an outstanding job accommodating my special dietary requests for the banquet we attended.
Dorothy is a very warm and personable hostess in the dining area.
Matthew (Matt) worked the omelet station and is very skilled chef. He didn't think we were serious when we told him that his were the best omelets we have ever had anywhere. I told him that maybe he'll believe it when he sees it on Trip Advisor.
I hope the management will share our kudos with these exceptional staff members who made our stay very special.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Titusville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I only live approximately 2.5 hours from Ponte Vedra Beach so I find opportunity to stay at this property a couple of times a year. It is always clean and well appointed, but it is the staff that really stands out at this resort! From the reception desk to the restaurants to the housekeeping department everyone is friendly and accommodating. My most recent visit was this past Friday and I would like to give kudos to Megen H. (in Alice and Pete's Pub). She never idled, kept busy and paid particular attention to all she did. While I have come to expect this at every Marriott stay, she stood out! Once again.....an outstanding stay and I can't wait for my next visit.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I was a guest at your hotel this past weekend (8/22-8/24), and one of your employees went above and beyond to help me. Her name is ALLISON NILE. I was struggling with large luggage on my way to elevator from conference area of hotel(quite a distance), and she saw me and dropped everything to help me. She helped cart my luggage to elevator and helped to me to the fifth floor with my bags. I know she was very busy but still took the time to help me. She could not have been nicer or more polite. We are silver members of Marriott, and employees like Allison Nile are the reason why. She is really a very valuable asset to your company, and I wanted to be sure to let you know. Thanks! Candis Hummel (room was under Douglas Hummel)

Room Tip: This is a beautiful property. You could not go wrong to stay here.
Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Scranton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This is lovely family vacation spot. Great SPA and spa facilities! Great golf and great beach! We enjoyed our stay immensely! Our villa was just lovely and spacious and well appointed! Lots to do and lots of activities! We would definately bring my family here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We stayed in a villa, interior was very nice and spacious. Exterior was unimpressive and there were lots of bugs. We saw a large florida cockroach scurry into a hole in the wall while walking up the stairs and my girls were terrified the rest of our stay. Just be prepared for this 'closeness to nature' if you stay in villas.
The issue mentioned in title was that my daughter had money missing from her wallet (substantial sum). We asked to speak with a manager but were told a manager was unavailable. A very helpful front desk associate listened, was very sympathetic, asked that we fill out a written report and meet with security. We did all of this. Four days since we checked out, and we still have not been contacted by a manager. I am extremely displeased about this lack of response to such a serious matter.
Finally, the hotel restaurant and front desk need to communicate better as we were given breakfast vouchers at check and were told they would be good for 2 adults and kids under 12 eat free. The restaurant insisted the voucher was only good for one adult and kids over 5 are 1/2 price. We got the charges reversed but it was still a nuisance.
Beach is nice & shuttle is convenient. Putt putt was fun and challenging.

Stayed August 2014
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I recently spent a week here on business and was pleasantly surprised. Given the area and the reputation that comes along with Sawgrass, I was prepared for an uptight snobby hotel staff, boy was I wrong. From the valets, to the front desk, to the banquet serving staff everyone was pleasant and a joy to interact with. My only complaint was the lack of internet access while I was there but I can't really hold the hotel responsible as it was an off-site accident that caused the outage. The grounds are absolutely gorgeous and very well maintained.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Been to Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!