“Great resort even for non-golfers&Resort fee explained” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Price
Up To 20% Off Resorts
Maryland
“Great resort even for non-golfers&Resort fee explained”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This is a lovely resort. We stayed in the tower because everything is right there (restaurant, pub, lobby lounge, pools, great exercise room and a water lagoon with waterfalls that change colors at night. Even though we are not golfers we thoroughly enjoyed it. Food was great; coffee maker in room but we used the starbucks in the lobby, lovely walking trails, public area decor was beautiful and rooms were updated, clean and had those great Marriott beds. My Main reason for this review is to explain the resort fee because Ive read so many reviews complaining that all it includes is water or reviews complaining about paying to park. When you check in ask and they give you a card that says the daily resort fee includes: Guestroom Internet access; complimentary faxes; complimentary self-parking (do not drive up and have the valet take your car if you want to get this amenity. Self parking is not that far away and you can access it by walking inside the convention portion of the hotel or down a path outside); Two bottles of water on day of arrival only; Access to the Cabana Beach Club including free beach shuttle over to it (the beach club is beautiful, right on the ocean); Spa and Fitness classes in the AM and late PM); complimentary 2 hr biking rental; 10% off Spa and Resort store purchases; Golf bag storage and a $50 credit toward a private golf lesson) and 2 cocktails or 1 appentizer!!!!!!!! That is way more than most resort fees cover but you should call ahead or ask about what it includes at checkin. (I will say that Marriott is probably losing business by not explaining on the hotel web site that the resort fee includes self-parking and all the other great things listed above). If I had not called I may have not booked thinking I had to pay both but you shouldn't have to call) We will definitely go back to this resort to stay longer and enjoy the beautiful area including the beach club with its beach, pool and several eateries.

Room Tip: When you book online at Marriott.com you have a choice of a tower room resort view or tower room la...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

91 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We are a family of seven staying here to visit family who live in town and get some Florida weather. Because my parents are with us, we got a 2 BR villa and a third bedroom at the senior citizens rate. However, if I were paying full price, I might be bummed. I will admit that I had expected something nicer for the PGA signature golf course hotel.

We love how understated and modest the place is -- it gives us a relaxed feeling. They grounds are very nice with lovely trees and water features -- very natural environment. The villas all have lovely outside porches with nice chairs overlooking ponds and trees.

The villa room walls are paper thin. I hear every tiny sound from the guests in the next room as if they were in the same room. I am sure they don't enjoy our sounds either.

I appreciate they fact then sprinkler systems are environmentally friendly with non-potable water even though it stinks. However, I hate seeing the sprinklers running on schedule in the rain! It's rained here not stop and the sprinklers just keep coming on.

The spa is lovely with a nice relaxing room and a nice outdoor pool area. My massage was wonderful. However, even though they don't close till 8pm, they start shutting things down at 7:30. Even worse, they don't tell you. About 7:35pm went to get in the steam room and it didn't seem to be on. I asked the attendant who told me it comes on automatically. I waited in and out of the steam room while looking for her for about 5-7 minutes only to find her gathering up my robe and such as if I were gone. At that point she told me that it shuts off early. Might she have mentioned that the first time I asked her?

The place isn't on a beach but it boasts of a beach club that is complementary to all guests and includes a free shuttle from the hotel (it's about 1.5 miles away). They don't tell you that you can't park at the beach club yourself on the weekend. And they don't tell you that the beach chairs aren't complimentary but actually cost $15 each for the day. Shouldn't that be included in our $22 per room resort fee?

They have bicycles for rent ( two hours free per guest). I inquired in advance if they have bike seats for toddlers or the seats you tow behind and they said yes. But when we went to get our bikes we found out they don't. Our four year old was disappointed.

So, for the price we paid with the senior discount, it was fine. But I would have been very disappointed at full price.

Stayed April 2014
Hot Springs, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The spa and private pool are excellent, relaxing and full-service. A room-with-a-view was outstanding. Love the outdoor patio and fireplaces with a great glass of red. Very comfortable yet stylishly elegant. My go-to for R & R on Florida's northeast coast.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Omaha, Nebraska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I had booked a suite and we checked in. Very nice large suite that had it all plus some. As I sat relaxing form the day I could hear a tap tap tap noise above me. This went on for a while so I called the desk, Yes they are remodeling the suite above you. OK well this is a Saturday at 5 pm will it stop soon I ask. O yes they will be done soon. That didn't happen so I went up too see what was going on. I walked in and there was a room full of contractors working away. I get it they have too get the suite fixed but what I also get is that I don't want to pay too live in a construction site. No rooms too move me too I guess. Next morning same noise so we packed up and left. Front desk was pleasant and such but that's side point. They did credit me some of the cost of the room without asking and we moved on.

Room Tip: Unless you golf no reason too stay here. Nice hotel for a night
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Gaithersburg, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Terrific family friendly place. Try the Villas... they're part of the campus and a short walk to the main hotel but provide much more room and a large balcony. The hotel isn't an actual Marriott property and their service isn't what you would expect from a high end Marriott but it's still good. The pool and resort are very well maintained and provide plenty of activities for the kids. The golf course is fantastic. St Augustine is a gem with things to do for all ages. The beaches are beautiful and the local seafood is fantastic. Great place to vacation.

Room Tip: The Villas are on campus and a 5 minute walk from the main hotel. They're a bit more quiet and o...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I went on a trip to play TPC Sawgrass with some friends and had heard that this place presented the best overall experience for stay and play. I couldn't agree more. The hotel had a small area they were renovating but other than that everything was perfect. The lobby of the hotel was really nice. If you are wondering how close the course is to TPC Sawgrass, it's literally approx. 1/2 mile from the entrance. What was probably the best part of the hotel is that it is tied to the course and everything revolves around the course which plays right into the golfer's wheelhouse. The pool was also really big and nice. Though we didn't go swimming, if you are taking a family then the kids would really love this pool. I cannot say enough about this place. The staff was very friendly and the atmosphere was great. I recommend 100%.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
The Villages, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We have stayed here twice now and will come back. It is a beautiful resort. Stunning waterfalls when you are out on the deck. Friendly and professional staff. Always helpful. Nice restaurants, pubs, etc.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!