“They must give the staff happy pills” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Free Golf & Tennis!
Chicago, Illinois
“They must give the staff happy pills”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We couldn't have been more pleased with our 4-day stay at this resort. My husband insisted they must give out happy pills, as everyone was so nice and cheerful and helpful while we were there. I had mentioned that we were excited to be celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary and lo and behold they sent a bottle of champagne and some chocolates to our room! We booked with a special 85th Anniversary room rate, which gave us a beautiful "Partial Ocean View" room. We had a balcony that look straight at the beach, 20 feet away. The room was stunning, beautifully decorated and maintained and HUGE. There was no musty smell at all, as mentioned by another reviewer. We have stayed at a dozen places around the world and this was right up there at the top Free golf and tennis came with our room and it was 5-star first class all the way. This place is pricey, but so worth it!

Room Tip: Corner partial view 2nd floor with 2 queen beds....fab.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

With less than a week before our 26th Wedding Anniversary, my wife and I were at a loss on what to do. As it happens, driving home, my wife heard a local advertisement on the radio for the Inn. So, we decided to do an overnight there and called the Inn up that night.

From the time of arrival to our sad departure, we were quite impressed with the grounds and the facilities. First, upon arrival, the front desk upgraded our room to oceanfront, then the concierge presented us with Champagne and chocolates in our room, then at dinner (at the Seahorse Grille-FYI, get the Mayport Shrimp App.) the staff presented us a "wedding" cake for dessert and then to top it off, the musician at the Grille played our Wedding song (I think my wife had a hand in that musical selection). It turned into a quite a romantic evening, with the full moon beaming on the Atlantic Ocean waves outside our room.

Needless to say, it turned into a memorable Anniversary and we wished we had booked an extra day or two to take advantage of the Spa facility there and spend more time on our loungers on the beach. We can not praise the staff and front desk enough for their attentiveness and thoughtfulness and can not wait to spend #27 there.

Our thanks to the PV Inn and Club!

Room Tip: Go for the oceanfront, the Georgia House was excellent and try for room 160.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Orange Park, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for only one night prior to my husband having major surgery. We were looking for some peace and calm and we found the perfect place for it. The room was ocean view, really on the side of the building with its own little patio. The ocean was calming and relaxing. We had a swim in the evening and again in the morning, with the beach pretty much deserted except for us. It was just what I was looking for.

• Stayed September 2013
jacksonville, fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

This resort was probably wonderful in the 80 but for the cost you can find a much nicer resort going north to the Amelia island ritz or south to vero beach inn. I had forgot my tooth brush and the front desk had none? Also restaurants not good for families. Good resort if you are 50 plus a and no kids.

• Stayed September 2013
Panama City, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Stayed at the Inn for three nights as a congratulatory trip for performing well at work. As a result, I paid for nothing, which might skew my review....however I'll try to be as impartial as possible. Overall, the grounds were nice and very well kept and all of the staff members we encountered were incredibly polite, always acknowledging our presence. Our room was in the Florida House, which is located directly across the street from the Inn, on the second floor. The room was very clean, with updated decor, a great bathroom, complete with walk in shower, bathtub, separate toilet room and a TV. There were plenty of towels, both for bathing and the beach. No damp, musty or moldy smell as other reviewers have mentioned. Only thing I thought odd is that there was no elevator, although I personally wouldn't have utilized one anyway. The balcony was roomy and of course faced the beach, which is always nice. Nice touches in the room included umbrellas, which came in handy when walking among the buildings in the rain, and the nightly turn down service, with a program showing the next days activities. Our only real gripe was housekeeping. We hung the "please make up our room early" sign on the door every day, but by the time we got back to our room in the early afternoon, it was still not done, which resulted in us never getting our room made up. Not a super huge deal, but I'm wondering what constitutes as "early" to them?? We ate breakfast in the Inn dining room all three mornings. The food ordered from the menu was very good! The Wisconsin (an eggs benedict dish) is killer! The buffet, in my opinion, left a lot to be desired and was sub-par. If I had paid the $24.99 for it, I would have been sorely disappointed. The wait staff are all very well trained, utilizing the age-old "serve from the left, clear from the right" adage. The pool area was nice, but by noon, just too loud. Moving to the "adults only" side wasn't really an option because they had some water aerobic class going on, so we retreated to the beach, which was uncrowded and peaceful. The gym is state of the art, very large and offers plenty of equipment. They also offer an insane amount of workout classes, something I've never seen before. Bottom line - we had a great time, enjoyed ourselves, but I'm very glad it wasn't on my dime. Not sure I would have seen "the value" if I had paid for the trip myself.

Room Tip: If you have an issue dragging luggage (or yourself) up a flight of stairs, make sure you ask for a r...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Went for a weekend trip over Labor Day. The website for the resort does not do it justice, nor does it adequately describe the property. We were pleasantly surprised. The resort itself, the beach, the pools, were beautiful and well taken care of. My kids loved the kids pool with waterslide and actually preferred it to the beach. The hotel room itself was nice. Maybe a bit outdated but very comfortable with everything you could need available. The bathroom was huge with a large walk in stone shower. The building we stayed in had all of the rooms facing a lagoon with a comon area with a large stone fire pit that was lit at night and a spa/hot tub. Our building was quite a walk from the main building and the beach but the bell service was prompt in picking us up and driving us by golf cart where we needed to go. We ate at two different places at the resort and had good meals. There was a nice selection of menu items but everything was way overpriced. We went off the resort to eat dinner the one evening to save some money. The service was top notch. Everyone we came into contact with was very nice and accommodating. Our server at dinner found out it was my birthday and made note of it on our account. Later that evening we received a birthday card, box of chocolates, and a bottle of champagne from the concierge. Our only complaint was they tried to charge us $60 for continental breakfast (fruit, bagels, pastries and coffee) that was supposed to be complementary with our weekend package. This was promptly removed from our bill when it was mentioned. We had a great time overall and look forward to returning in the future.

Room Tip: Ask what building you are staying in before you book. The oceanfront rooms seemed nicer, more conven...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I had heard good reviews about this in but was so disappointed. First of all, I was shocked that there wasn't an elevator to our room on the second floor....an ocean front room with balcony. The air condition unit was a wall mounted and had a definite moldy air to it. The TV's were lacking movies on demand and the selection of rentable dvd's from the front desk was ancient. The room, though older, was spotless and all the housekeeping staff friendly and warm. The food at the inn was less than average....we began seeking breakfast, lunch and dinners elsewhere after a full day of futile attempts....but the wait staff were excellent. Everything was just average, which for the nightly price, $360/day, was disappointing. I would suggest moving down beach to a newer hotel....this one has definitely lost it's spunk. I am a seasoned traveler.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Ponte Vedra Inn & Club? Share your experiences!