“A great resort and golf” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Rate
Summer Special
Baltimore, Maryland
“A great resort and golf”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Just spent four days at the Inn in early December. Everything was outstanding including the room, golf package, and service. Mr. Eric Robles a front desk supervisor was extremely helpful and a true asset to the property. Looking forward to a return visit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

330 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Guilford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Went down for a business conference and stayed a few extra days. Stayed in Oceanfront building. Room was very nice and pretty view. No elevator in the two story building--had to lug all the luggage up the stairs...Beach is beautiful and we were treated to the Blue Angels practicing for an airshow every afternoon! Could walk for miles on the beach.
Food was so-so. Ate off property most of the time. Took nice day trip into St. Augustine... I found the rental of a chair and umbrella for the beach to be expensive ($15 each). The lap pool needs to be re-painted--bottom is ugly!
Golf course was beautiful and staff very nice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Newport, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Inn back in the late 90's for business and I remembered enjoying my stay. My wife, son and I needed a hotel for one night on our way to our next stop so we decided to book the unlimited golf package.
The hotel is very pretty with the big fountain outside the reception. The Inn charges a resort fee which includes the tips for service, WIFI and I'm not sure what else. I have no problem with this charge and we paid it at our next resort, but if you are not going to provide the service don't charge the fee. Right after checking in we got the impression that a bellman was going to show us to our room, poor assumption on my part, he just pointed to where our room was. When we got to our room it was very nice, the back door of your room leads to the beach and the pool. The room has wifi, a microwave and plates and utensils, all were great additions to the room. The bathroom is large but here is the problem no tub just a walkin shower. The room does not provide a mat for the shower and it is a very slippery floor (our son fell in the shower). It must have happened before because there are large guard rails in the shower. When we called down for a mat and the person didn't apologize or ask if our son was ok. Back to the service, when we checked in we asked for a crib or pack n play for the room. We needed to call 3 times before they delivered it 6 hours later. My wife took our son to the pool and they really enjoyed their time there. I went to play golf with the unlimited golf package. They offer this package because there is no way you can do this. The course was packed, I waited on every hole, so much that it was not enjoyable. I played pebble, spyglass and Spanish bay earlier this year and pace of play is great because they have Marshalls on the course making sure people are moving. I waited on one hole where the group in front of me stopped to use their ball retriever to pull balls out of the water. On one hole 2 young males were smoking and talking on their phones with their shirts off. They just walked off the street and decided to hang out. I didn't see a Marshall until the eighth hole. I quit after 9 holes. Great package the Inn offers.
Finally the next day I was shutting a window in our room and the window fell down and hit me in the head (the window was one where you can open it from the inside to clean it). When we mentioned it to the check out there was no real concern and they just said they would send maintenance over.
The Inn promotes itself as an elite resort, with this you expect a certain standard excellence for service and it was far from that at the Inn. Because of the service we received I do not think it is worth the price you pay. And from the service we received I don't think they care.

• Stayed November 2012
winter springs, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My partner and I found a super deal called the "Sportsmans Package" at the Ponte Vedra Inn. We booked from Sunday - Wednesday. This Resort is exceptional! The Room was beautiful, newly renovated (Georgia House). We were on the 1st floor Oceanfront. The Package included unlimited Golf and we played the Lagoon Course twice. It was also wonderful!! Everyone was very nice from check in to the Golf attendants. We did find that eating at the Resort is extremely expensive. We found many excellent Restaurants in the area. We would definitely book again!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Our second time at this property. Great experience again. Great service, Our room in the Peyton house was perfect (207), We were on the sportsman fall package which makes the golf free. So great value. We will be back again.

Room Tip: I understand the Peyton house is most up to date
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Naples, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were very impressed with the Inn & Club and after staying at a number of NE Florida locations, the Ponte Vedra Inn & Club is our new favored location. Great location, great service, great amenities, great beach. Elegant yet comfortable. Being so close to Jacksonville and Jacksonville Beach allows you to experience some fun areas around the Inn as well.

Room Tip: Oceanfront suite!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Encinitas CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Definitely a resort to stay at. Can't wait to come back again. The people are incredibly nice and helpful. Right on the beach. Very nice grounds and a comfortable lounge. Free parking across the street

Room Tip: Free parking across the street
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Ponte Vedra Inn & Club? Share your experiences!