“Thrown out before we finished our meal” 1 of 5 stars

(954) 972-2000
Improve this listing
Florence, Kentucky
51 attraction reviews
“Thrown out before we finished our meal”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

When we arrived at the buffet around 2:45 we were informed the food would be taken up at 3:30 to refresh for dinner. That was acceptable to us and the waitress said to fill up our plates and get all the food we want by 3:30 and we would be fine. At 3:00 I wanted to get some fresh fruit and there was no fruit and hardly any desserts. I asked the server and she said they were refilling. I went back in 15 min and nothing. I asked at the hostess stand, she checked and said they were refilling, but that the salad and dessert stand never closes, that would remain available. I went back to the dessert stand at 3:30, there was just a little cup of fruit and custard which I took and the server promptly stated 'We're closed !' When I told her the hostess said they never close, she said 'you can eat it' I was furious. Not only did they still not have much from which to choose, I was not comfortable eating what I had gotten. I asked for a manager and she informed me, no the salad/dessert area never closes, but then dropped the bombshell that we had to clear out BEFORE the 4:00 dinner crowd came in. This was not told to us when we paid and we would have never stayed under these conditions. We did not intend to take any of the dinner food, but would like to have enjoyed the lunch food.
Needless to say, we had to hurry up and finish our food and get out. We were going to stay in the casino to meet friends to spend the rest of the afternoon and enjoy ourselves, but we both had such indigestion and upset we left. We called our friends to meet us somewhere else.
I have never been treated this way in any restaurant in my life. The manager was very abrupt and said it was her job to clear out the place before 4:00.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great luncheon buffets”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Wide variety of entrees and side items.. All expertly prepared. Soothing ambience. Perfect 19th-hole destination.

Florida
105 attraction reviews
“No Smoking...Fabulous”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This is our second time visiting The Isle Casino. The first time we went in the evening & were annoyed by the constant "carding" because I guess they were concerned about our age. The average age of people gaming here is probably around 65 years old. We did not win anything either. The second time was last week & we went in the late morning. The place was pretty empty. They have many slots to choose from at different denominations as well as some table games. The no smoking here is what makes the place enjoyable. It is definitely not the lack of drink service while gaming, or the lack of winning, or the old guy who while playing a slot turned around & threw-up onto the carpeted casino floor(missing us by mere seconds) like it was a normal & then turned around & kept playing again. Interesting place....Enjoy.

Mansfield Center
“didn't win but enjoyed our time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

played slots only. A big place with a variety of slot machines. Some diffcult to get on especially the newer slots. Free valet park. smoke free nice!! Played quite some time. Lost some , win some.
on vacation in Pompano Beach

Roseville, California
12 attraction reviews
“Love it !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

First time ever been in a totally smoke free casino and loved it. My lungs thank you. Now I wish all the Indian casinos in California were smoke free. Had lunch at Myrons. A bit of a disappointment. The food was OK.