“Great place” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #58 of 295 Restaurants in Pompano Beach
Cuisines: American, Fish & Chips, Bar, Chicken Wings
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Doing business, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Our beautiful Restaurant & Private Banquet Dining Rooms offers Breath Taking Views of Water Fountains, the Pompano Beach Greg Norman designed Golf Course and Gorgeous Sunsets. Galuppi's hosts Receptions for all types of Special Occasions. Galuppi's is known as South Florida's Leading Wedding Venue! We are especially proud to have earned a best in class reputation in Broward County for our Weddings, & Corporate Events. Galuppi's Full Service American Food Restaurant is open for Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner, 7 days a week including most Holidays. We also offer an incredible Sunday Brunch Buffet from 10 a.M. Until 2 p.M. Galuppi's is also the place for you to watch your favorite sporting events. Enjoy yourself at our Outside Patio Bar. We also have an Inside Bar that boasts 11 X 50 inch plasma high definition TV's including a 17 foot definition projector. The outside patio bar has another 10 x 52 inch LCD TV's.
Auburn
“Great place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

The food is great and very reasonably priced. The staff is very accomodating. The Monday rib special can't be beat . An out-door sports bar -- it's a great place to watch the game on a Sunday afternoon with buckets of beer $5.95.

My only complaint is the plate splitting fee. And even though you are charged a fee, the kitchen doesn't even split if for you -- you're left to do it yourself.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Pompano Beach, Florida
“Horrible Food!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is the letter I wrote to Galuppis with no response back...shows you how great their management staff is...
I have been to Galuppis many times over the years, both after a round of golf, for lunch/dinner and for FSU games. However, after last night I probably wont be back for a while. Three of us waited over 15 minutes for our bartender to take our order. The shrimp app was good. The caesar salad was ok. I was starving and wanted a big steak, so I ordered the ribeye. For $20, I got a dry (I ordered MR and it was well done), fatty piece of meat that couldnt have weighed more than 7oz. After I cut away the fat, I had 6 bites of steak left! Not only that, but I specifically said that I do no want a potato with it. Guess what was on my plate? A potato. I was soo hungry after just spending $30+ on myself for an app and a steak, that I ordered a soup after the steak, so I wouldnt go home hungry!
However, I didnt feel that bad with my steak after looking at what my brother had ordered. It was, bar none, the worst piece of meat I have ever seen. It was disgraceful that you could charge $20 for this garbage. Normally, I would send it back. But, since I couldnt get ahold of the bartender (she was too busy doing cleaning glasses for 20 minutes while everyone around needed drinks) I just paid for it and left.
Hopefully, something changes fast as I will not be back until it does.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Ft Lauderdale
“Everything good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I have had several lunches here, and will return for many more....Galuppi's is situated right on Pompano Municipal Golf Course. The food is great and VERY affordable, the service is great..and we always sit in the back "glass enclosed" room that has fantastic views of the golf course..If you are a local, this is a fantastic place to take out of town guests. We heard from other diners that it's a "must" for dinner too! (FYI: If you are a person who uses coupons, check out the weekend newspapers. They often offer "buy 1 entree/get 1 half off" coupons)

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fort Pierce, Florida
“Great Lunch Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Good location, right off US 1, and on the local public golf course. Get a table or booth in the bar, sit at the bar or at a table on the outside covered patio, or choose a table in one of the inside rooms of the restaurant. Depending on your location you may be able to watch live tv, the golfers coming and going, or even a plane landing or taking off from the local airport. Menu is easy and affordable. They even offer a half sandwich with salad or soup for the lighter appetite. Service is friendly and prompt and they even have a frequent diner program. Good food, good service and good atmosphere. Always on our list of places to eat!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pompano Beach, Florida
“Everything Good except Genie.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I went to Galuppi's about 2 months ago and loved everything about it except for the Head Hostess, Genie. She was very unsettling and from the moment I walked in the door I saw her scolding an employee but shrugged it off. After she gave me a very difficult time, I was able to secure a table in the dining room. Shortly after the 3 tables around me were seated by her; this is when it became apparent she was unable to do her job properly because my server was now dealing with 4+ tables at the same time. I also noticed that the rest of the servers had a maximum of one table. My server apologised for this and I told her I understood. While I was there it seemed that everyone did their job properly: our food came out perfectly, service was wonderful and even the bus boys were very in sync and quick.
Since this was just one small factor, I went back for Sunday Brunch but unfortunately I found myself dealing with Genie once again. She was once again very rude and it seems that she is enrolled in the wrong business. She belongs working completely isolated from any living creature that might have to hear from her atrocious attitude.

• Visited June 2012