“great seafood at great prices” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Peruvian, Seafood, South American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Miami Beach, Florida
“great seafood at great prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stopped here because of Tripadvisor's ratings. They offered a few lunch specials with appetizer and main course. One of us had ceviche and a seafood stew and one had tamale and Saltado. Excellent! Don't come here for ambiance, come here for the food. A short drive from the beach. Ample parking.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Southwest FL
“Great food; Honest people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Four of us ate Sunday lunch here about a week ago based on reviews we had read on Trip Advisor. We have visited Pompano Beach many times and have driven past this restaurant without realizing the quality of the food. We all ordered something different and no one was disappointed. I had broiled fish w/spinach and mushrooms, my husband had a chicken dish, one of my friends had pesto pasta w/steak, and the other had fried chicken pieces. There was only one waitress on duty but she did an amazing job. The only complaint I can register is that the wine and beer prices were a little high for this establishment. It didn't stop us from ordering a round of Peruvian beers; however, it did deter us from ordering a second or even to consider ordering a wine. One of the best things I can report is that my husband left his credit card in the payment folder and when I called from the West Coast of Fl on their next business day (Tuesday) they assured me they had it and kindly mailed it to us. Sure, we could have cancelled our card but we all know what a hassle that can incur. All four of us said we would gladly return to this family-run restaurant and we wish them the best of success. By the way, the flan dessert looked sinful but we were so stuffed from our main course we couldn't even split one among us. Perhaps next time!

• Visited August 2013
Florida
“Lunch Today”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Mark and I had lunch at this clean, cute Peruvian restaurant in Pompano Beach on W. Atlantic Ave. It's located in a strip center - store front and looks very unassuming from the street. You walk in and it's adorable - nicely spaced tables and chairs and booths. The three men working in the place were helpful, friendly and accommadating. The food is delicious. They have a nice, extensive menu serve a nice choice of wines and beers, some native to South America. One of Mark's favorites and now mine. We will definitely go back for an evening meal. Check out our two dishes we shared.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dania Beach, FL
“A gem in Pompano”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I have been to this restaurant several times and it is one of my favorites for Peruvian food. My last visit was with a group of colleagues and they all loved it as well. The food is homemade and prepared as ordered rendering a unique taste and freshness. Prices are very reasonable and service is very good. Some of the dishes we ordered in the last visit were ‘Lomo Saltado’ (sauteed beef), ‘Chaufa de Carne’ (fried rice with beef), and ‘Ensalada de Pulpo’ (octopus salad)… my mouth is watering just rethinking about it. If going off office hours try the pisco sours; they’re delicious!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
North Liberty, Iowa
“A happy surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We never had Peruvian food before, so we didn't know what to expect. Of the three dishes we ordered, everything was incredible. They use unique seasonings that we hadn't tasted before. It was a unique taste on seafood.

• Visited June 2013