“Confused” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Confused”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

I was just here for lunch .. very disappointing first of all 3 different people took my order. It took for ever just to bring out half my order even though they had just 2 tables to deal with. I had ordered the al Pastor tacos they were very sweet tasting which I found strange and then about 15 minutes later the chorizo quesadilla I had ordered came out had the only flavor of cinnamon. I am not sure if I was to a tanqueria or a Dunkin Donuts ... I have no idea what went wrong here but I have no plans to go back.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

South Florida
“Disappointing Mexican Food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

Went with my wife and the kids and we were definitely disappointed.

We will drive well out of our way for good food and this restaurant was recommended by some local friends that are Mexican, so we figured it must be pretty good.

First off they advertise two location but one of these, closest to us, was closed and had been so for several years, much to our dismay. Plan B was to continue another 1/2 hour drive to the original location.

It is in a nondescript small strip mall, and appears to have basically taken over most of the available space, certainly the parking space. We sat down and immediately noticed clients were mostly Mexican, which should be a good thing.

We ordered some chips, dip, Guacamole, Tacos al Pastor, Carnitas and Dorados. The chips are authentic fried tortilla chips. The sauces were bland and the Guacamole, the holy grail of mexican, was really bad. They used the wrong avacados, not Haas. They are using the locally grown ones that are cheap, large, watery and have no flavor at all.

The Tacos pastor were OK and had a nice slice of sweet pineapple. However the carnitas were not good. Our kids ate the chicken tacos dorado, but they were starving by that time so would eat anything.

We noticed that the food is not seasoned or salted what so ever, so we were left trying to add salt, spice, etc... and were still disappointed.

The beans were served cold and had no flavor. Canned beans would have been better, out of the can.

I had the Chile Relleno, one of my personal favorites, and I don't think it was cooked long enough as cheese was still hard and the tomato sauce was also not flavorful.

We would not go back even if we lived much closer.

• Visited March 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Pullman, Washington
“Real Mexican Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

Tacos al Pastor just the way they are served in Mexico..went there with my Daughter we had quesadillas and tacos and we where in heaven for a bit..Sabroso

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Holy guacamole! What a find!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012 via mobile

Awesome authentic Mexican cuisine. The BEST guacamole with completely fresh veggies!! And no sulfite preservatives :-) muy bien tacos al pastor and chile relleno. Best kept secret in Pompano

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Food was authentic and fresh!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012 via mobile

I stopped here on the way south today on the advice of a friend. The food is freshly prepared, tasted very good and was reasonably priced. If it was closer, I'd go there more often! The mole enchiladas were outstanding.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere