“Horrible, nasty, old” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 35 hotels in Pompano Beach
paulasoto
“Horrible, nasty, old”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2008

The motel looked really nice on the outside, but once you open the door to your room, you just want to turn right back out. The cigarette smell is horrible and I smoke!! The beds had no fitted sheets and kept coming off the bed and on top of that, the sheets and covers had cigarette burns. I walked on the carpet barefoot for 2 seconds, and my feet were pitch black on the bottom. The bathroom window wouldn't close. The carpet was not put in right b/c it was torn on the edges. The cabinets to the night stand were lop sided. The toilet seat was peed on. Can I keep going? This place is horrible!! DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

21 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Pasadena,California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2008

It was disgusting!!!
The most disturbing part is the fact that the lobby was terrible. There was food and empty soda can in there. Then i got to the room i saw empty cans of chewing tabaco :( the bathroom hadn't been clean. There was still fecies in the toilet. And there were BED BUGS!!! So please don't go there.

• Liked — Checking Out
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2008

WOW!!!! is the word!!! Now I see why my dad wanted to leave right when he was coming into the hotel!!!!
To start off this hotel is in a REAL BAD AREA, there were prostitutes walking around in the day and night waiting for you know what. The hotel front desk staff is really nice, but the maintenance was not trust able. Me and my grandmother checked in to this hotel and she asked to see the room before we checked in and the lady in the front desk said "sure", the room looked ok, so we checked in, and we looked a little bit more into the room and when we went into the bathroom it was a mess, there was a huge wet hole from mold in the wall, so we called the front desk and told them about the problem and they said they can give us another room so we got room 348 and it was much better, the beds were better and so was the bathroom, so we decided to stay. But when my father came to visit us at the motel, he said "I cannot believe where you all are staying" and I said whats the problem, he said this is one of the worst areas in town and some people tried to ask for money while he was parking. I just said that we were only going to be there for 1 night. So we stayed and it was fine. I don't think I would stay again though do to the bad area and from the newer reviews.

• Liked — Clean Beds
  • Disliked — Bad Area and moldy bathroom
  • Stayed January 2007
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2008

Prompted by the recent TripAdvisor "Top 10 Dirtiest Hotels" publishing my mind VERY rapidly went back to this crack den! Rather than waste my time and yours in describing just how filthy this place is, I'll simply highlight this motel for what it is and then the fog should disappear.

The only time that I was there, in January of 2005, it operated both a short-stay "tourist" motel, and as long-term housing. So,,, unsuspecting vacationing tourists were placed in rooms directly adjacent to long-term tenants on month-to-month leases that were likely paid for with government assistance. Now at face value this isn't necessarily a bad thing in and of itself, but when add to this equation the high prostitution area, the large number of truck drivers, several abandoned vehicles, and very evident drug trafficking and usage ... reality gets really bleak really, really quickly!

My family was awakened by a 4 am fight with the participants throwing each other against our door and window; frequent police visits throughout the 3-nights of our stay; each morning arising to that glorious thought if the rental car remained where it was parked.

Unless things have radically changed at this Days Inn, there are a quantum other places that I'd rather patronize in Pompano Beach than this crack den!

• Liked — Proximity between Miami Beach and West Palm Beach
  • Disliked — Long-term tenants can get quite rough
  • Stayed January 2005, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2007

I was here on a business trip with a co-worker. When you first drive to your room at night you noticed alot of questionable people outside just walking around. Once you open the door a strong pugent smell hits you. The only saving grace is that the a/c did work and help circulate the air. The carpet was dirty and had several burn marks from what looks like a iron. The safe had no key or lock to secure your belongings. The restroom window was unlock when we checked it. There are missing tiles on the bathroom wall around the sink and you can see a hole in the wall. The ground was also unlevel in the bathroom. It is obvious that this room had been renovated but it was not by any knowledgeable craftsman. I will not be sleeping under the blankets tonight and will not take my shoes off incase I have to leave in the middle of the night in a hurry. If I could afford it I would be finding another room at this minute instead of writing this review. Please dont make the same mistake we did.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
PDX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2007

Booked at this hotel by travelocity. Arrived and was put off by the location and the feeling that the area was unsafe. The topper was the musty room and shower that was covered with mold/mildew. I left within 20 minutes.... Hard to believe that travelocity would book to a place like this.

• Disliked — filthy and unsafe
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2007

Unless you enjoy the smell of black mold, you should not stay here!! We arrived late in the night because our flight was delayed. The night manager was none too happy that we arrived late, even though we called ahead to warn him. The sign wasn't even visible from the street because it had never been repaired from the hurricane damage. As soon as we entered the room we knew we were in for a terrible night. The bathroom had more mold than tile, the beds were sketchy and the carpet was so gross I didn't want to walk barefoot. We had originally planned to stay there for 10 nights while we were in Florida, but we were out of there first thing the next morning. Just to give you a hint about how bad the mold was...I had trouble breathing and a runny nose for the remainder of my vacation!

Been to Days Inn Pompano Beach? Share your experiences!