“Days Maybe Alright, But I Wouldn't Spend The Nigh in this Inn!” 1 of 5 stars

Days Inn Pompano Beach
1411 NW 31st Avenue, Pompano Beach, FL 33069   |
Ranked #28 of 35 Hotels in Pompano Beach
New Jersey
“Days Maybe Alright, But I Wouldn't Spend The Nigh in this Inn!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2008

Prompted by the recent TripAdvisor "Top 10 Dirtiest Hotels" publishing my mind VERY rapidly went back to this crack den! Rather than waste my time and yours in describing just how filthy this place is, I'll simply highlight this motel for what it is and then the fog should disappear.

The only time that I was there, in January of 2005, it operated both a short-stay "tourist" motel, and as long-term housing. So,,, unsuspecting vacationing tourists were placed in rooms directly adjacent to long-term tenants on month-to-month leases that were likely paid for with government assistance. Now at face value this isn't necessarily a bad thing in and of itself, but when add to this equation the high prostitution area, the large number of truck drivers, several abandoned vehicles, and very evident drug trafficking and usage ... reality gets really bleak really, really quickly!

My family was awakened by a 4 am fight with the participants throwing each other against our door and window; frequent police visits throughout the 3-nights of our stay; each morning arising to that glorious thought if the rental car remained where it was parked.

Unless things have radically changed at this Days Inn, there are a quantum other places that I'd rather patronize in Pompano Beach than this crack den!

• Liked — Proximity between Miami Beach and West Palm Beach
  • Disliked — Long-term tenants can get quite rough
  • Stayed January 2005, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2007

I was here on a business trip with a co-worker. When you first drive to your room at night you noticed alot of questionable people outside just walking around. Once you open the door a strong pugent smell hits you. The only saving grace is that the a/c did work and help circulate the air. The carpet was dirty and had several burn marks from what looks like a iron. The safe had no key or lock to secure your belongings. The restroom window was unlock when we checked it. There are missing tiles on the bathroom wall around the sink and you can see a hole in the wall. The ground was also unlevel in the bathroom. It is obvious that this room had been renovated but it was not by any knowledgeable craftsman. I will not be sleeping under the blankets tonight and will not take my shoes off incase I have to leave in the middle of the night in a hurry. If I could afford it I would be finding another room at this minute instead of writing this review. Please dont make the same mistake we did.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
PDX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2007

Booked at this hotel by travelocity. Arrived and was put off by the location and the feeling that the area was unsafe. The topper was the musty room and shower that was covered with mold/mildew. I left within 20 minutes.... Hard to believe that travelocity would book to a place like this.

• Disliked — filthy and unsafe
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2007

Unless you enjoy the smell of black mold, you should not stay here!! We arrived late in the night because our flight was delayed. The night manager was none too happy that we arrived late, even though we called ahead to warn him. The sign wasn't even visible from the street because it had never been repaired from the hurricane damage. As soon as we entered the room we knew we were in for a terrible night. The bathroom had more mold than tile, the beds were sketchy and the carpet was so gross I didn't want to walk barefoot. We had originally planned to stay there for 10 nights while we were in Florida, but we were out of there first thing the next morning. Just to give you a hint about how bad the mold was...I had trouble breathing and a runny nose for the remainder of my vacation!

marco island fl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2007

The hotel was very moldy & musty smelling. My husband & I even opened the door and turned the a/c down, at first we thought it was just musty air. Even after airing the room out, it still smelt really bad. Even the sheets smelled like mold. Would not have stayed except it was season & only slept there. Scratchy cheap thin towels. I wouldn't even considered eating in the convenient restaurant on site! And all for the bargan price of $104.00!!!! We did have a good room location right across from the pool. Wouldn't have considered walking down to the drink machine by myself. Wish I would have read the reviews before booking, even just the 1 night stay.

Stayed February 2007
Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2007

I stayed here because it was ~65$ cheaper than the next available hotel, thinking "those trip advisor comments can't be THAT accurate..." Wow. So where do I start. I pulled up, 3am (my flight was delayed) and I have to check in talking through the metal grate in the class, with me outside. I get to the room, can't get in, get a security guard (who was nice but scary) to let me in. The room is dirty and smelly, and the heating doesn't work. The bed, towels and walls are all quite dirty. I end up not wanting to touch the bed, so I sleep in my leather jacket and full pants. In the morning, I wake up two hours before my alarm, cold as hell, and proceed to spend the next two hours running hot water to warm up.

Pay up for another hotel. Or sleep in the car... the half hour I got at a rest stop on the highway afterwards was heavenly.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Frederick, MD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2007

Walk, don't run away from this place. It was disgusting and I think the back side of the place had ladies working "the oldest profession". The only saving grace was the McDonalds across the street and the gas station next door which sold beer and wine! Due to the fact it was SuperBowl weekend, this was the only place we could find to stay the night before a cruise. There was group of us there and the driver did not want to leave us there! Most of us turned over the blanket on the bed and slept on top of that, fully clothed. The rooms had holes in the walls and when you removed the tissue stuffed in them, you could see the room next door. The bathrooms were dirty and missing pieces the tile floor. The walls were moldy. There were a bunch of mattresses piled up next to a dumpster so I can only imagine they were doing some sort of renovation but I never saw any of that. Days Inn should be ashamed to be affiliated with this place. The staff advised us we could take a bus to a nearby mall with a Ruby Tuesdays but neglected to tell us a transfer was involved and it was safer to take a cab. The manager on duty was rude. If you love your family, do not subject them to this, just sleep at the nearest bus station!

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed February 2007
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Days Inn Pompano Beach? Share your experiences!