“Incredible!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Royal Vista

You added Wyndham Royal Vista to your Saves list
Wyndham Royal Vista
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   1110 South Ocean Blvd., Pompano Beach, FL 33062 (Formerly Fairfield Royal Vista)   |
Ranked #11 of 36 Hotels in Pompano Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Incredible!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

great hotel! I didnt know where to go or what to do. I called around and On The Beach Watersports had the best prices for fun on the beach right behind the hotel. Was just going to sit and enjoy the beach, but i ended up renting jet skis, banana boat, and water trampoline! Kenny was extremely nice, great service and best prices around! Best experience of my life! Check it out!!

• Stayed July 2014
Mariana T, Manager at Wyndham Royal Vista, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Mr Christopher

Thank you for taking the time to complete your feedback on TripAdvisor.
Every feedback is important to us.
We will most certainly share your feedback with our partner, "On the Beach" Mr Kenny.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon at the Wyndham Royal Vista.

Sincerely
954-233-7500

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

If you are looking for a place to stay on the beach, the location is very good. A few steps and you are on the beach. The ocean unfortunately had a lot of seaweed so swimming was not nice.

I would also check the sheets before you crawl into bed. We had to call for new sheets because ours had dirty spots all over them.

Stayed July 2014
Mariana T, Manager at Wyndham Royal Vista, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear Valued Guest.

Firstly thank you for takingthe time to provide us with your feedback.
Your concerns have been addressed with our 2 departments and we are taking necessary steps in order to avoid th esame from happening.
Once again thank you for your comments and we look foirward to your next visit to Wyndham Royal Vista.

Sincerely
Folsom, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Im a bit confused by the negative reviews of this hotel. We recently had a family reunion here and it was great. The rooms were very spacious and clean. The hotel is right on the beach and there is a great tiki bar on the property. I suppose if you want to spend all of your time in your hotel room this might not be your place but that's really not the point of any vacation. Clean, fun and perfectly located. You cannot go wrong. :-)

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Mariana T, Manager at Wyndham Royal Vista, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Ms Alicia
On behalf of the Wyndham Royal Vista Team and I, we want to sincerely thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback on Tripadvisor.
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require assitance or information.

Sincere thanks
954-254-7500
baltimore, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

If you are considering a time share in this area, this would be a good choice. It's right on the beach. It's not too large a place, so book early. There are not so many activities at the resort itself (they have things like bingo and movies), but if you are coming here, you probably are interested in the beach anyway.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Mariana T, Manager at Wyndham Royal Vista, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear valued Guest
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay here at Wyndham Royal Vista.
We want you to know how much we appreciate your visit to the resort, and how much we value you as our Guest.
Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to your next visit with us at the Wyndham Royal Vista.

Phone: 954-233-7500
Lakeland, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Poor Evelyn was the only clerk on duty. I stood in line patiently waiting as she checked in another family. They had questions and she took the time to address each question. She looked up, saw me and realized I had been waiting a while and said, "Can I help you with something? I am going to be a while" I told her that I was just waiting to check in. She apologized for the long wait. My assigned room with a view wouldn't be ready until 2 pm so she offered me another room that was ready. I had a family member who had not had an ocean-view so I told her we would wait. She made a call and continued to check us in. The phone rang and I heard her say, "Yes, She is still here. Great. Thank you." She hung up and told me that there was a clean room with a view is ready"
Things had changed since I purchased there during their grand opening. The same green table is in the living room. They've changed out the white tv stand for brown wooden one. Next to the sofa there is an end table with white legs and a different color brown top. They kept the same lamps. The dining room table is nothing like the quality when I purchased at this resort. Mismatched furnishings was not the Wyndham way and should not be now! There is no key card access to the garage. You must remember a code or pull down the parking pass to read the code off the back of the parking pass. The concierge and the piano is gone from the lobby. The Game Room is not in the room off of the lobby anymore. The luggage carts are locked up because people kept them in their room. So you must stop by the front desk to check out a luggage cart before you can check out. The pool towels used to be kept in the rooms. Now they have a crazy card system and not only do you have to keep up with a room key, but you are given a plastic card to take over to the next building to a towel window and swap it for towels. They close at 5, after which, you get pool towels at the front desk or they run them up to your room. You can put the towels in a built in drop box in the lobby near the bathrooms. I asked if I give the front desk my pool towels and collect another card since I would need towels the next day to use poolside. The clerk was not sure since the system was new and kept changing. She had to ask someone else who told her to give us new plastic cards when we put our towels in the bin. I don't like al the inconvenience. Change back and put the towels back in the room. They put a grill area in ad a swing near the Tiki Hut near the beach. There s no Jacuzzi so we went across the street with our towels to Santa Barbara Resort to use their Jacuzzi and pool. I was shocked to find that the Santa Barbara Resort had a concierge desk, coffee, tea and hot chocolate in the lobby. Royal Vista had cold water in the lobby. Royal Vista used to be as nice as its sister resorts but has lost its luster. If it were not for the ocean, I would skip it. Other than these inconveniences, the place is so soothing. We turned off the air and slept with the windows open, listening to the ocean waves. It was awesome!

Room Tip: I have stayed here many times. Ocean view rooms are the best. Parking lot rooms are very noisy.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear valued Guest
Your feedback is important to us and we will review them accordingly.
Thank you again for your comments.

Phone: 954-233-7500
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

My party stayed at Royal Vista from Friday through Tuesday morning, so it was a quick weekend. I rarely get to south Florida and so wish I had planned for a week at this resort. Royal Vista was a pleasant surprise. It took me awhile to figure out what made it stand out from the other Wyndham resorts that I have stayed at, but I’ve decided it was the staff. They were friendly, hardworking, everywhere, but invisible at the same time, and really went out of their way to make you feel welcome and at home. Both my boys commented this was a nice resort, especially my 22 year old who stated he’d like to revisit.

We reserved a 1 bedroom for our party of four, but also had a studio unit over at Santa Barbara. I couldn’t rent the unit, so my son chose to use the studio himself while my mother, 8 year old and myself stayed at Royal Vista. We checked in at 10 p.m. Check in was painfully slow considering there was only one other customer ahead of us, but we were rewarded for our patience with a 2 bedroom unit. I’d requested building one with a view of the ocean, but we were in building two I think. Unit 8114 (I think). We did get an ocean view.

The unit was in excellent condition. I didn’t notice anything that needed refurbishing. Everything was in working order with the best feature being the huge shower in the master bedroom. I loved it. Great water pressure and we had plenty of linen for to meet our needs for the multiple showers we took after our time at the beach. We enjoyed the balcony. A few more chairs would have been nice, but we had a nice view of the ocean on the right and left of the building in front of us. The kitchen was fully stocked as always with Wyndham and I liked the tile flooring (always nice at the beach) and granite countertops. The beds were extremely comfortable. We requested extra pillows and received them within minutes. We had great Wifi reception for one laptop and two tablets.

There were at least two pools and fortunately for us neither was ever overcrowded. The Tiki Bar on the beach was nice. I thought it was reasonably priced as were the beach chairs and umbrellas. $5 a day for a chair and $10 for an umbrella. They had a weekly rate that I thought was very good compared to what we’ve paid in Myrtle Beach and Destin. The beach was very clean and there was live music by the pool closest to the beach which I enjoyed. I ate at the snack bar – a hotdog which needed to be cooked a bit more. Can’t say I had a desire to get anything else from there and we didn’t.

Parking was easy. There is a garage and you can access the elevators directly. You receive a code at check-in. I would preferred a key access, because I couldn’t remember it. Overall I thought it was very secure. There always seemed to be a staff member moving about in the garage no matter how late or early we were in there. This resort is well staffed. I can’t say that enough. Pool towels were provided in exchange for a card you were given at check-in.

The resort had activities, but we didn’t take part in any of them. They served coffee and tea in the lobby and on Sunday there were bagels and fruit. I’m not sure if that’s standard on Sundays or if it was special for Father’s Day. Anyway, it was nice to come down for coffee in the morning. I have a Keurig at home and admit to no longer knowing how to operate a standard coffee pot, so we chose to grab a cup in the lobby.

The first night we picked up pizza from Umberto’s. Yummy. New York style. Very good. We didn’t eat anywhere else locally, because we spent most of our evenings in Deerfield Beach. I did visit the Publix. It was a Publix. Can’t say I’ve ever had to park in a garage to get to one but it was free and my car wasn’t boiling when I came out so it was cool.

I highly recommend Royal Vista for a family or couple looking for a laid back beach vacation.

Room Tip: Ask for a beach view on a higher floor. Gorgeous. Building one has wrap around balconies. Sweet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Mariana T, Manager at Wyndham Royal Vista, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear Renny

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Tripadvisor feedback regarding your recent stay here at Wyndham Royal Vista.
We want you to know how much we appreciate your visit to the resort, and how much we value you as our Guests.
We will share your great feedback with our team.
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require assistance prior to your arrival.
Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back again at Wyndham Royal Vista ~ “your home away from home”

Tel: (954) 233-7501
Grove City, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

This place has the location and the bones to be something really nice, but somehow it falls short. We have stayed at other Wyndham properties and were very impressed, so our expectations were high. Unfortunately, I would put this property in the middle of the pack as far as our time share experiences go. They had done some upgrades to the room, but the shower was in particularly bad shape. There were tile floors throughout except in the bedrooms, which makes sense for a beach property, but they only had a broom to clean the floor. A mop of some sort is necessary. The beach itself was very nice as were the pools. The fitness center had a decent selection of machines and cardio equipment. The staff was friendly and helpful. The indoor parking garage was a nice feature to keep your car cool. We were on the A1A side and could not see the intracoastal. Lots of traffic noise to deal with. Perhaps an ocean room would be better.

Room Tip: I would go as high up and as far away from A1A as you can get. There is a building #1 that is detac...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
COLLEEN V, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Royal Vista, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding your recent stay here at Wyndham Royal Vista. We greatly appreciate your comments, as they help us in our effort to continually improve our level of service.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience that you encountered during your stay at Wyndham Royal Vista.

Your feedback is very important to us and I want you to know the shower and tile floor issues have been addressed with the managers concerned.

We want you to know how much we appreciate your visit to the resort, and how much we value you as an guest. We hope that you will give us another opportunity at Wyndham Royal Vista in the future. We are confident we will exceed your expectations. Thank you again for your comments.

Colleen Viviani
Beachcomber Resort and Villas
Beachcomber Resort and Villas
#6 of 36 in Pompano Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 980 reviews

Been to Wyndham Royal Vista? Share your experiences!