“Clean but King Bed is Small” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Park North

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Park North to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Park North
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1401 W. McNab Rd, Pompano Beach, FL 33069 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Ft. Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Park North)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #23 of 35 hotels in Pompano Beach
St Louis, Missouri
“Clean but King Bed is Small”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2008

I was on the top floor next to the elevator with a king bed... the room was clean and it had a refrigerator, stove, microwave, sink, dishwasher, cooking utensils, etc... but it was soooo small. Its like they shoved in everything they could into this little room. Why would they put a loveseat in a room this small. While the maids were cleaning I looked at the rooms with two beds and they were a lot more spacious...

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Too Small
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

101 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
London, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2008

As the name implies, this hotel is geared towards longer stays. The rooms are as such more like studio apartments (around slightly less than double the size of a typical motel room of this standard), with a kitchen area that has a fridge/freezer, hob, microwave, kettle and utensils. The sitting room area has a sofa and an armchair and a TV that swivels for viewing in the lounge or bedroom. The bedroom had a large bed, with seemingly a pretty new mattress (and no bed bugs - which is worth checking for in lower level establishments).

The public areas of the hotel seemed to have the smell of stale cigarette smoke, which wasn't too pleasant. There is a swimming pool and barbecue at the front of the hotel, next to the car park. On the plus side for a short stay, the hotel is located not far off I-95 and parking was free.

I stayed for one night, having flown in very late, which worked out fine for the price. A security guard in the lobby gave me my key - so it is possible to check-in 24 hours. I wouldn't really want to spend any length of time at this hotel though.

• Liked — Size of the room
  • Disliked — Smell of stale cigarette smoke in public areas
  • Stayed February 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Minneapolis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2008

We booked airfair/hotel together for a long weekend for me to go alone to Pompano Beach, Florida, to visit family. Please note that there are two hotels only a few blocks away. One is Extended Stay-Deluxe, and the other is ES-America/Cypresss Creek. We went to Deluxe by mistake at first. The security guard had NO idea where the other one was and didn't care. He had no phone book so that I could call, etc. It was a very late check-in due to flight delays.

We finally found the right one a few blocks away. It's across from a 7-Eleven and is right next to I-95. My room was okay, seemed clean enough, and did not smell like smoke. The shower pressure left a lot to be desired, though. I did not use the kitchenette to cook.

While I liked the convenience of the location, it is RIGHT next to I-95! My room faced the interstate and the road noise was really bad. It is next to impossible to sleep there. I agree with the previous poster about the AC drowning out the noise. I froze myself out to block the road noise. I also left the TV on. Every night at 3:05AM, the high-pitched motorcycles would pass by and wake me up. I spoke to the front office about it, but there was no other rooms available. Since it was only me, I decided to stay and just deal with it. Had my family been with me, we would have moved. It was only for 4 nights.

I will stay somewhere else on my next stay.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — road noise
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled solo
Hillpoint
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2008

We booked this place based on the reviews we'd read here. We thought it sounded pretty nice and especially reasonable. We were only looking for a decent, CLEAN place to sleep while we spent all day sightseeing. The room was NOT clean.
The surrounding area was seedy, and we felt very uncomfortable. Although there was a security guard that I think was around all night. However, there wasn't anyone at the front desk.
When we got into the area we immediately had misgivings. We originally pulled up to the wrong Extended Stay that was only several blocks away (across from a convience store). There were 5 squad cars in the parking lot and on the street. Thankfully we realized we were at the wrong place. Whatever was going on there, we have no idea.
When we found the right place we felt a little better (even though it was only a minute or 2 away, in the same neighborhood). This hotel looked a little more modern and well kept, and the doors to the hotel rooms were NOT entered directly from outside (as was the other place). You used a key card to enter the building, and then walked to your room.
The lobby gave the appearance that it was an o.k. place.
The first NON smoking room we were given just reeked of stale cigarettes. The furniture and carpet was stained, and the couch upholstery was ripped. (this was what I saw from just a quick glance). We don't like to complain, but I did, on the hopes that we could only improve on the situation.
We were given the room next door, and it was just as bad, only this room didn't have the cigarette smell. It had a horrible rotten (dead) smell, that was covered up by some kind of disgusting powdery stench. Very sickening... but we found that after being in there for a couple of minutes you didn't notice it. We dealt with it because we figured all the rooms would be similar. We felt we had no other alternative.
The furniture and carpet was badly stained. There were extra sheets in the room and we threw them over the furniture and then felt comfortable enough to sit.
Although it seemed basically clean, every textured or grooved surface had ground in grim or crusted on yuck. There were drips, and what looked like cat footprints on the kitchen cabinets, and things like this.
On the brighter side, I would have to say that it was large enough, and fairly modern. The towels were clean and white looking. The sheets appeared to be clean.
The desk clerks were pleasant.
We were very happy to find that we didn't have to stay for the entire length that we'd booked. We were not penalized when we found somewhere else to stay, and very happily left early..

• Disliked — disgusting stench and unclean
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2008

I researched the internet and chose this hotel due to modest price and location to friends I would be visiting. Also last year in Washington State I checked out an Extended Stay America hotel and was impressed with it's cleanliness. The day I checked in my room was facing the 95 freeway (one side of the hotel faces the freeway) and it is right next to the freeway. The freeway noise was very loud, but if I thought that was bad it paled in comparison to the air conditioning unit which kicked on every 5 minutes and was so loud it drowned out the freeway noise. At 11:00pm I turned back the bed sheets and noticed that the sheets looked like they had not been changed and the TV remote control had no batteries in it. The young girl at the desk was very unhelpful and unconcerned, she said the manger would not be in until Monday. She claimed there were no extra bed sheets and she could not find any batteries for the remote control. The following day (Sunday) I spoke to a maid and said my sheets needed changing, I also told another desk clerk but no one changed my sheets. Monday morning I was able to change my room to another one in the same hotel but one that was on the other side and did not face the freeway. The bed had clean sheets but when I tried to use the bathroom faucet the handle fell off and I could not get it back on. The kitchen sink faucet handle also kept falling off but I was able to put it back on and use it so I was able to wash my hands and brush my teeth in the kitchen sink. The air conditioner in that room did not appear to work but it was winter and the temperature was comfortable so I did not need to use it. I reported all this to the office but no one did anything about it during my stay.

• Liked — the price
  • Disliked — poor maintenance, problems not taken care of
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
RK7
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2007

It was a gr8 experience at the hotel and we got it for a very cheap rate at hotwire.com. The rooms were newly renovated and though small in area, it was just perfect for a 4 day stay for me and my husband. Dont expect much from the continental breakfast except for a fruit maybe. Parking is free and there is a 5$ internet fee /stay (not per day) -these are tough to get in Miami area. The kitchen was well equipped. They have a decent swimming pool too. Ideal for people who want to spend less and get a comfy place for a night's sleep. You have good shops and restaurants within 5 mins drive but dont expect any Miami attractions/beaches near the area.

• Stayed November 2007
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
East Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2007

The Extended Stay America Ft Lauderdale/Cyprus Creek is a little different than most hotels in the area. First , there is no maid service unless you stay 4 or more days I believe. If you need extra towels or supplies you can request them at the front desk. The rooms come with a stove, dishwasher, microwave, frig, and cooking utensils. My room was very clean located on the no smoking wing, which was a plus. There's a free continentel breakfast, along with free parking. The only thing that I could point to that needs to be addressed would be the bathtub needs some of those sticky strips. Also there are 2 more Extended Stay Hotels in the area ,and they are all less than a mile from each other. So you will have to carefully check the full name of the hotel. This hotel faces McNabb Rd but carries another address.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Park North? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Park North

Address: 1401 W. McNab Rd, Pompano Beach, FL 33069 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Ft. Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Park North)
Location: United States > Florida > Pompano Beach
Ranked #23 of 35 hotels in Pompano Beach
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Park North 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Extended Stay, Orbitz, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Park North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Ft. Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Park North Hotel
Extended Stay Pompano Beach
Pompano Beach Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Park North, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.