“Clean Room, Friendly Front Desk” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Park North

You added Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Park North to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Park North
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1401 W. McNab Rd, Pompano Beach, FL 33069 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Ft. Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Park North)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #23 of 36 Hotels in Pompano Beach
Ontario
“Clean Room, Friendly Front Desk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

We drove in for the races and picked this place as closest to the track, only stayed the one night. The young man at front desk was friendly and helpful, came with me to room door to ensure replacement key card would work. The room and bathroom were clean, bed comfortable. The pool looked nice and was not very busy, hope to have time to use it next year when we return.

Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Birmingham, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

The room was dirty. Carpet had pet stains and smelled musty. Air conditioning unit did not function properly and management did not get it fixed. The hotel states it has a breakfast--but really cereal and plastic wrapped muffins. Bathroom had mold and floors were not clean.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
St. John's, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

We stayed at 1401 W. McNab Rd, from Feb 14 to Feb 22/12. The staff were very unhelpful, impolite and have no idea about client service. They advertise a complimentary breakfast (Monday to Friday only), however, for four days (Thursday, Friday, Monday & Tuesday) there was no cereal, milk, spoons or fruit. On Friday we asked if we could get some cereal and were told that they were waiting on a delivery. On Monday morning, I questioned the lady working in the breakfast area and she couldn't even take the cell phone from her ear to talk to me. She told us we would have to wait until tomorrow morning. I asked to speak to the manager and she said the manager was not in. I approached the main desk and when I informed her there was no cereal she said there was nothing she could do. I informed her that we were told on Friday that they were waiting on a delivery, she just shrugged her shoulders and said that's all I can do! I suggested that someone should go to a grocery store and purchase some items so the guests could have breakfast. A young man, Amed, spoke up and asked if he could go. Again she just shrugged her shoulders. Amed took a list of items and returned within 45 minutes with the breakfast supplies. On Tuesday, at around 7:00 am we asked if they had some change for the laundry machines. She said no and suggested we check back later. At around 8:30 am we went back to the main desk and asked if she had gotten any change. She said no & snapped at us that she had not been to the bank. I asked when she would be going. She said between 9:00 am & 11:00 am. At 11:15 am we again attended the main desk and asked if they had change. She said no, we haven't been to the bank. A man, stood next to her said he should have some change by around noon. She asked for our room number and said she would give us a call when they had change. We checked out the next day and did not receive a call from the front desk. There was only 3 tables and approximately 16 to 20 chairs at poolside, which is insufficient for the number of guests staying at this hotel. The room smelled of an old musty odor. The air conditioner emitted an offensive odor. We had to purchase a room deodorizer to try to mask the smells. The carpet was badly stained. I would like to note that Amed was the only member of the staff who displayed any client service attributes and he should be commended for this.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

I can't give this a 5 because the neighborhood is not great...pretty industrial feel, though there is good plaza about 1/2 mile away. I had conference at Marriott which is on the opposite corner - so it was very good loc for my purpose.

I asked for non-smoking no-pet room to avoid any funky odors; first room smelled like a dog had been there and they had tried to over-clean with bleach but front desk very cheerfully gave me a diff room which smelled perfect and had a nice leather reclining chair and queen size bed.

While it's not a touristy area, if you need to be in this zip code for business, it's fine. . . just be aware that they allow pets here and it's an extended stay so there won't be housekeeping.

TV, though nice LG flatscreen has no cable or satellite service and is analog (fuzzy) not digital.

Rooms are fine size for one person; might feel a bit cramped for more than one.

Property is new and quite nice.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011 via mobile

Always a great stay. Great value. Great staff. Very comfortable and safe.

• Stayed December 2011
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights before our cruise. The hotel was affordable but then you get what you paid for. We noticed a strong mold/smoke smell when we entered the room, the decor was outdated and the furniture were worn out. The first room they gave us, the mattress was ripped and the toilet doesn't flush. The receptionist changed our room and the second one was slightly better but still had a strong mold/smoke smell. One thing to be careful of is the door doesn't closed properly, when we walked out, the door was shut but not locked, we were able to go back in without using the card. Another thing is, we booked this package through Travelocity and it advertised free WiFI and free breakfast, but that's not the case. You have to pay for internet service and free breakfast was only for Mon-Fri. - false advertising, we even called to make sure these freebies applies to the dates we're staying so it was annoying to find out otherwise when we got there.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Kyiv, Ukraine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

I stayed here for a couple of months because of my work. For an extended stay this hotel is ok, that's what it's for actually. Yes, it had a smell, when entering my room there was a strong smell of cigarettes and mold, but in 5 minutes you didnt notice it anymore. My room was on the second floor facing the swimming pool, which sometimes got noisy, but overall was ok. The room was pretty spacious with a king bed (HUGE and very comfy), sofa, armchair and bedside tables. Big advantage is that the room had a kitchen, so I could cook for myself. There are basic kitchenware, like cups, plates, spoons, knives and a pan. I had to buy only a frying pan.The breakfast was included but had only muffins, bagels, apples, cofee and tea, not my type of thing.
Of course it is not a place to spend your dream vacation but it is also not terrible. And the reception staff was really great and helpful, they are all very nice people. Also I want to say big thanks to the cleaning staff who found my jewellery and put it on the bath table. Frankly I didnt expect it, and thought that I lost it, but what a pleasant surprise it was for me when I saw my ring next to the sink!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Park North? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Park North

Address: 1401 W. McNab Rd, Pompano Beach, FL 33069 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Ft. Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Park North)
Location: United States > Florida > Pompano Beach
Ranked #23 of 36 Hotels in Pompano Beach
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Park North 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Park North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Ft. Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Park North Hotel
Extended Stay Pompano Beach
Pompano Beach Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Park North, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.