“Clean, nice grounds, reasonable cost” 3 of 5 stars

Beachcomber Resort and Villas
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   1200 South Ocean Blvd., Pompano Beach, FL 33062   |
Ranked #5 of 35 hotels in Pompano Beach
Ashburn, VA
“Clean, nice grounds, reasonable cost”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I'm writing this before we check out, but been here for 3 days. We're in the middle building, 2 story, near the rear which is closer to the beach. Decent view, room is clean but could benefit from some updates. The grounds are very nice and the beach has nice white sand but it's undergoing reconstruction so large trucks are operating now.

Tried breakfast in the restaurant today it was good. love the fridge, microwave, sink in room but hate the wifi which is almost unusable and logs you off after 30 minutes even as you are using it. Awful. TV is a nice flat screen with crap SD picture on just 19 channels.

The staff is pleasant, and we generally like it but it won't blow you away.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

794 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
Cohoes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

This family owned hotel is clean and comfortable. The food is really good and right in line with the restaurants in Fort Lauderdale and Lauderdale by the Sea. 2pools one heated to84 degrees. The Tikie bar with open bar seating fun. Steve the bar tender has great signature drinks. I went first two weeks of December.... Few kids. I plan on going again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Tigard, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

My family used to spend Thanksgiving at the Beachcomber every year when I was a child - it started when our grandparents moved down there and just continued until we were in high school and it was too challenging to get the time off.
It's been about 20 years since the last time we went, and however much things have changed, some things seem the same. My husband and I were there with my mom, sister, brother-in-law and their kids. We had 2 oceanfront rooms in the hotel on the 5th and 6th floor, and a 2 bedroom villa. While the decor has changed, the overall feeling of the resort has not, which is really nice. The beach is beautiful, there are 2 very nice pools and there are people walking around to bring you food and drinks at the pool or the beach. It's a very family friendly place, there were many families staying there.
Our room had an amazing view, both overlooking the pool and the beach (we were on the corner) and was clean and well kept. I will agree the furniture is a bit dated, and some minor maintenance issues are present, but I am not bothered by it personally. Just be aware, it's an older hotel! The bed was super comfy and had nice pillows. It was super quiet, being a concrete building. The AC worked excellent (almost too excellent, had to turn it off sometimes!) and we were comfortable in the room.
We had a mini-kitchenette - just a fridge/freezer and a microwave with a small bistro table. It's nice to be able to go and get that breakfast stuff, and have snacks in your room when needed without having to go out. It would be nice to have silverware, dishes and glasses (even just a few) in the room, although I'm guessing we could have asked the front desk for some to use while we were there.
My 2 big complaints - terrible cable TV (signal itself was fuzzy) , and the WiFi was consistently horrible. Actually, I had better service on my ipad with my 4G than with the WiFi - the signal was intermittent, and even when it worked verrryyyyy slooooooooow. My sister couldn't even get the wifi in the villas. If you are going to advertise free WiFi, it should work.
The restaurant was good for poolside lunches, but the menu was pretty thin for dinner. It's nice to be able to sit outside by the pool, but when you are there for a week, the menu gets a little old. The staff was consistently friendly and helpful - my niece even got to "help" one of servers in her rounds around the pool, which I think might have been the highlight of her trip.

Room Tip: Pay for an oceanview or oceanfront room - and ask for a high floor. Views are amazing.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Benton Harbor, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I have stayed at this place several times over the years the last being over 10 yrs ago. We just recently stayed in the older 2 story building and it was clean but in very serious need of an update.. The best feature of this place is the lobby and the pool area, very beautiful!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Coconut Creek, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

We were there to celebrate our anniversary. We requested a ocean front room on an upper floor. When we got our room it was on the first floor and the room was very dark! I didn't like it at all and went right back to the front desk. I was told that all those rooms were occupied and that was all they had available. Luckily, we were only staying there for the weekend because the room was dreadful. I thought it may be lighter at least in the morning, however, it was still dark and I needed to put all the lights on. The room and the dressing area/area with the refrigerator and microwave and bathroom all need updating! I would never stay there again, although the restaurant on the pool patio wasn't bad.

Room Tip: There are many buildings and rooms to this resort that would probably be fine. However, the rooms o...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Pembroke Pines, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Wanted a quick get away and this place fit the bill!! The bar drinks are worth the price and bartender is very funny. Amazing oceanfront room with the perfect view. You could hear the ocean lapping on the shore. Very romantic as you sit on the patio!!!!!!! I can't wait to go again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Berkeley Heights, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

Another fun and fantastic stay at the Beachcomber! Our 3rd time and can't wait to return ! Everyone at the front desk was fun and friendly as always! The bartenders at the Tiki Bar, Steve & Kelly were AWESOME! So much fun and extremely accommodating! Could not ask for better service! The rooms are very clean but nothing extremely high end...but that's not the price you're paying. It's a great location on a wonderful, quiet beach. Pools are clean and food is good. Can't wait to go back in MAY! yay!

Room Tip: Have stayed at the villas and oceanfront regular room....both are great but if you stay in an coean...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Beachcomber Resort and Villas? Share your experiences!