My family used to spend Thanksgiving at the Beachcomber every year when I was a child - it started when our grandparents moved down there and just continued until we were in high school and it was too challenging to get the time off.
It's been about 20 years since the last time we went, and however much things have changed, some things seem the same. My husband and I were there with my mom, sister, brother-in-law and their kids. We had 2 oceanfront rooms in the hotel on the 5th and 6th floor, and a 2 bedroom villa. While the decor has changed, the overall feeling of the resort has not, which is really nice. The beach is beautiful, there are 2 very nice pools and there are people walking around to bring you food and drinks at the pool or the beach. It's a very family friendly place, there were many families staying there.
Our room had an amazing view, both overlooking the pool and the beach (we were on the corner) and was clean and well kept. I will agree the furniture is a bit dated, and some minor maintenance issues are present, but I am not bothered by it personally. Just be aware, it's an older hotel! The bed was super comfy and had nice pillows. It was super quiet, being a concrete building. The AC worked excellent (almost too excellent, had to turn it off sometimes!) and we were comfortable in the room.
We had a mini-kitchenette - just a fridge/freezer and a microwave with a small bistro table. It's nice to be able to go and get that breakfast stuff, and have snacks in your room when needed without having to go out. It would be nice to have silverware, dishes and glasses (even just a few) in the room, although I'm guessing we could have asked the front desk for some to use while we were there.
My 2 big complaints - terrible cable TV (signal itself was fuzzy) , and the WiFi was consistently horrible. Actually, I had better service on my ipad with my 4G than with the WiFi - the signal was intermittent, and even when it worked verrryyyyy slooooooooow. My sister couldn't even get the wifi in the villas. If you are going to advertise free WiFi, it should work.
The restaurant was good for poolside lunches, but the menu was pretty thin for dinner. It's nice to be able to sit outside by the pool, but when you are there for a week, the menu gets a little old. The staff was consistently friendly and helpful - my niece even got to "help" one of servers in her rounds around the pool, which I think might have been the highlight of her trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- change Primary photo from ownerphoto edit ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Beachcomber Resort and Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beachcomber Resort And Villas Hotel Pompano Beach
- Beachcomber Hotel Pompano Beach
- Beachcomber Resort Pompano Beach
- Beachcomber Resort Villas
- Pompano Beach Beachcomber