“My Spring Vacation 2013” 5 of 5 stars

Beachcomber Resort and Villas
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   1200 South Ocean Blvd., Pompano Beach, FL 33062   |
Ranked #5 of 35 hotels in Pompano Beach
Cobden, Illinois
“My Spring Vacation 2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

My sister and I met at the Fort Lauderdale Airport and spent one week together at Best Western Beachcomber. Our mother had brought us here for a vacation several years ago. I had asked the front desk to PLEASE give us a beautiful view as one other time I was behind one of the trees. They gave us a beautiful room on the 8th floor. I want to thank them for a wonderful vacation. The resort has been remodeled in those years and it still is the best, most affordable place I have stayed. We ate breakfast and lunch by the pool. The girls who served us were friendly and the meals were wonderful. Now they have food and drinks brought to you on the beach and those fellas are nice and nice to look at too! LOL I highly recommend Beachcomber.

Room Tip: The rooms on the poolside and towards the ocean are what to ask for. If you like a little less pool...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

794 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

First out of the gate, MAKE SURE TO CONTACT THE HOTEL AFTER YOU RESERVE A ROOM ON THE WEBSITE. I was informed by the front desk that they do not guarantee any bed configuration, even if you reserve it as such on the website. Upon further investigation, it is stated this in small text on the website. If you do not contact them, they will contact you. Not a deal breaker, but an important tidbit if you have specific needs.

For us, I was traveling with family and needed 2 beds, which is what I reserved. The hotel upgraded us to a 1 bedroom villa. When we questioned it, the front desk wasn't very helpful and claimed she couldn't understand our displeasure since what we got was nearly double the cost of what we reserved. It was nice to have the upgrade but it did put a kink in plans since one of our party ended up sleeping on the couch cushions on the floor as the pull out was horribly uncomfortable. After the stay I had a discussion with the manager of the hotel. Basically, there was a mixup and we could have approached the hotel again the next night to ask to be put into a room we had booked. The only reason this didn't happen was miscommunication. We assumed that when the clerk at the front desk said she wouldn't be able to put us anywhere else that she meant for the duration of our stay. So we didn't ask. This is a lesson learned on my part and again, the manager discussed with me ways to insure things like this doesn't happen in the future.

Behind our villa there was a service corridor for staff. There were times in the morning where it literally sounded like they were doing construction in the corridor. I was woken up 2 mornings prior to 7am. Again, the manager of the hotel has assured me he will look into this matter and see to it that it ceases in the future.

PROS: Nice beach with plenty of open space. Cabanas/Chairs are a bit pricey, but a nice add on. The A/C in the villa was top notch, froze us out most nights. Bathroom was clean, big open shower, and plenty of natural light. Medium sized fridge saved us some money on eating out and kept us in cold drinks. Location along Hwy A1A makes it easy to get to, as well as it's proximity to Atlantic Blvd. Pompano Beach proper is just down the road, which has lifeguards if that is important to you. The heated pool near the tiki bar is nice.

All in all, the stay was good and after a discussion with the manager, I would definitely stay here again and recommend someone else to stay as well. I had a 15 minute long conversation with the manager, AFTER we had left for the airport, in which we discussed my issues, which I detailed in a previous, not-too-nice review. He then followed up with 2 emails.

Frankly, I have to applaud Mr. Miller on his skill as a manager, he showed me that is important to allow the human element to make an attempt to effect a correction of a negative. If I learned anything from my stay here at the Beachcomber is it, "If you have questions, don't be afraid to ask the front desk and if you aren't satisfied ... always ask again."

Room Tip: Be sure to follow up with the hotel to insure the room you want is the room you get.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We very much enjoyed our stay here. The staff was friendly and helpful. The food was delicious and reasonably priced. We reserved an ocean front room and loved the view. It was so nice to open our door, sit on the balcony and relax. The hotel is older and has some quirks (like narrow halls) but our room had been redecorated and updated and we enjoyed it. We would stay again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Franklin, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

We recently stayed at the Beachcomber Resort and Villas. This was our 2nd stay and we LOVE it even more than the first time!! The rooms are tastefully decorated and comfortable and the prices are extremely reasonable. We had a "Ocean View" room with a balcony and the view is beautiful! The grounds are well maintained with the ocean just steps away. If the ocean isn't your thing there are 2 pools to choose from. Entertainment in the evening wraps up a great day at the B.C. Sit back in your lounger on your balcony or sit poolside while enjoying their delicious menu fare and a tasty beverage. The Tiki bar serves up the most delicious drinks and has a AWESOME bar tender, Steve! We HIGHLY recommend your stay at the Beachcomber, you won't regret it!!

Room Tip: Accidentally hit fitness center, I am not sure if the Beachcomber has one sorry :-(
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

It's unusual you can find a place like this for under $100 per night. The Room was nice, view of the ocean was great as was the food in the restaurant. Right now they are doing some renovations so that's a minor inconvenience. Overall a great value.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Beattyville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

This is a very nice hotel. The beach is clean and beautiful. The hotel is very clean and well maintained. The staff went above and beyond for me during my stay. The tiki bar is very nice and the bartenders are so nice and friendly. I have been here more than once and hope to return soon.

Room Tip: Beach front rooms have large balconies with a beautiful view.
Loganville,Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Our room overlooked palm trees that were backed up by the Atlantic ocean. This is a nice property with quiet sitting areas for you to read a book and listen to the ocean. There is a palm shaded garden area where you can sit in Adirondack chairs and sip on your coffee or beverage will talking to friends or lie in one of the two hammocks as you sway in the breeze.
This is a well kept private hotel with large rooms that all either have an ocean view or are ocean side. The water is blue in South Florida so it is a nice place to swim or sit on the beach.
This is family owned and many of the staff had been there for years and have a great knowledge of the local area.
I would have given the property an excellent rating, but they were building a new tiki hut over the shuffleboard area, so the saws kinda ruined the quiet sound of the ocean. I realize that it will be a great improvement for future guests so I didn't mind too much. It was fun to watch the guys build it over the two days we were there.

Room Tip: Ask for an Ocean side room if available! Fantastic views of the ocean! Also, there are a lot of retu...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Beachcomber Resort and Villas? Share your experiences!