This was our second stay at the Beachcomber and as I said in my last review, it will not be our last. My cousins and I take a girls trip every year and it is unanimous that this will be our "go to" place for many years to come. This hotel definitely has a retro feel to it. Those of you that love the sleek modern look of other hotels may not appreciate the retro, Cuban, resort, 1950's feel of this place. But I encourage you to give it a try even if modern is your taste because the pride, and customer service offered in this hotel will change your mind. From the people at the front desk, to the pool and beach crew, to the food and beverage staff, this place is over the top on customer service. I love sitting at the pool or tikki bar and having Steve, Gloria and Kelly taking care of me. Steve makes a bloody mary that can't be beat, Kelly needs to have her own television show, and Gloria offers the best service and advice on bars and restaurants besides the Beachcomber. My cousin and I ended up sitting at Kelly's bar at the pool until VERY late into the night because she was so much fun and her energy and personality created such a FUN environment. Javier is very attentive as are the other beach and pool crew. Harris is a celebrity in our eyes and we were so excited to finally meet him this year in person. The rooms are well appointed, clean and very comfortable and the view even from the non ocean front rooms is really breathtaking. I could go on and on about this place, but the bottom line is it is clean beyond belief, has good food for poolside snacks and breakfast, great drinks, a fun happy hour, a fun tikki bar and a beautiful beach to enjoy. If I had to write a few things to "sort of" complain about, they would not even be complaints, just things that would make this place even better, but it would be these things:
1. The blanket and sheets on the beds are clean and perfectly fine but I love a hotel with extra fluffy bedding and the down comforters. The blankets here are just a touch outdated and scratchy.
2. I don't love that there is a charge for the chairs on the beach, especially because they are not the most comfortable, but good enough that I will still pay.
3. I hate the flourescent lighting, I love when all the bulbs have softer lighting, because the hotel is older it can possibly make the room look a little more harsh.
4. The tub and toilets are a little slow to drain and flush. But by no means is this not tolerable, and probably not noticeable to many.
5. maybe not the hotels responsibility but the cigarette butts on the beach were kind of gross. I saw one guy put his cig out and leave it in a kids sandcastle. This was the whole beach, not just the beachcomber though. It is just so gross to see kids playing in the sand and see them sifting thru old butts. Not sure what the hotel can even do about this except maybe tell guests not to do this, or put ashtrays out there?? I am also hyper sensitive about this so maybe it is not even an issue.
Every other thing about this place is perfect. I stay at 5 star hotels in Mexico and this place is as good and better in many areas. You for sure have to go in with the mindset that this is not a big hotel chain. It really is a slice of paradise. Also, for the price it cannot be beat.
The rooms by the tikki can be louder later evenings only on weekends, and when I say later I mean li...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.