“Great Mini-Resort” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 35 hotels in Pompano Beach
Washington DC
“Great Mini-Resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We just came back from Beachcomber Resort, where we spent 4 days. We expected it to be like any beach hotel, but it was much more. It was really a mini-resort. They do say it in the name, but so do many places that you can't call a resort. The amenities are awesome. There are two pools, decks with chairs and umbrellas, the beach is right there, and the restaurant was very decent. We ended up eating there most of the time. We loved our time and will be going back for another mini-getaway in the future.

The reason I gave this place 4 stars is that there is basically almost no sound barriers in the rooms. We were in the main building on 4th floor facing the courtyard. We could hear everything that was going on in the courtyard with doors and windows closed. It is not a problem, unless there is a party of drunk guests at the bar, who are having an awesome time at midnight, then it is kind of hard to sleep. The other sound problem was in the room, hearing all the noises from the hallway. If the resort did some upgrades to increase the sound barriers, then this would be a perfect place for an unforgettable escape.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

793 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

This hotel is in a good location. I found the staff to be very helpful. I first checked in and did not like the room location. Manager was able to find us a better room. I did have a little problem with bed linens, that the staff and housekeeping quickly took care of. I found all the staff to be extremely helpful. The pool staff nice. Ate breakfast on the beach and highly recommend it.
The main pool wasn't as heated as I would of liked. Did not like the 2nd pool. Very hard to get in and out of, not used as often and not as clean.
Front desk was very helpful in picking out some places to go and eat, and telling us what was in the area. Expensive to rent chairs and umbrellas. I think the pads for chairs should be included and maybe on the beach a voucher for may be 1 or 2 days.
Otherwise I would reccommend trying.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Me and my girlfriend have been staying at the Beachcomber for the past 4 years. Our first weekend away together as a couple was there, so it seemed like an obvious place where I should set up our engagement. I contacted the hotel in advance and spoke to Harris. I explained to him the whole situation and he was more than helpful. With his help and Mike's help I was able to accomplish everything I had hoped for for our engagement. Upon arrival with my fiancé the front desk person, who knew the whole time what was going on, was extremely professional. He made no reference to me having been there earlier in the day. Our stay was magical. We stayed in one of the two Presidential Ocean Front rooms. The wrap around Balconies give you an amazing view especially upon waking in the morning. When dinner time came around we had to jump on the oppurtunity to dine on the sand from the Ocean Grill, the Beachcombers onsite restaurant. The plantain and alouette encrusted Mahi Mahi was AMAZING!!!! I cannot thank Harris, Mike and the rest of the Beachcomber staff that helped make it all possible! Thanks again guys. And if you are considering renting at the Beachcomber, and are looking for a nice relaxing weekend this is the place to rent. You will not be disappointed. Look forward to going back soon!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
BeachcomberGM11, General Manager at Beachcomber Resort and Villas, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
First and foremost, congratulations on your engagement robert8185. Thanks for your loyal patronage and choosing us to pop the question. Thanks also for recognizing Mike and Harris for their helpfulness. We always make a big deal when members of our team get mentioned on Trip Advisor and we had some fun with that.

You made the right call in reserving one of our spacious and spectacular Presidential Ocean Front Suites for your very special proposal evening. Just so others know, since we only have 2 suites like this, you can only reserve one by calling us directly; these are virtually our best rooms with the ultimate view and are quite popular.

So glad you really enjoyed one of our new signature dishes and your overall experience with us here at the Beachcomber. We just recently rolled out all new menus with some very unique and creative appetizers and entrees with a local flair. Chef Janice has got her juices flowing.

Question: Now what are your plans for the wedding? Hope you keep a good thing going and consider planning the wedding and honeymoon with us. What better way to tie the knot than a memorable beach wedding and reception at the Beachcomber Resort and Villas? Give us a call so we can save the date.

Thanks for being our guest, the very kind review, and making us a part of your important memories.
Windsor, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

The hotel was nice, right on the beach good views of the water and very reasonable prices, check in was at 3 we arrived at 11 am so had nothing to do for a few hours, the women at the front lobby name tag was DARBY was a very rude and none help and maybe is a good worker but should not be in the front dealing with guests, but later on got a women named julian and was much more helpful and friendly, so overall other than the rough start things were ok.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
BeachcomberGM11, General Manager at Beachcomber Resort and Villas, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
We wish to offer our apologies to Ron K if he perceived that Darby was in any way rude during their interactions. Check out time is 11 AM and Check in time is anytime after 3 PM; this is stated on all of the on line travel sites (under terms and conditions or know before you go) that we work with as well as on our own official web site, and printed on the confirmations we email to all confirmed reservations. Ron K did reserve with one of our on line travel partners.

We always do try our best to try to accommodate early arrivals as soon as we possibly can, but we stay quite busy and Sunday (which is the day that Ron K arrived early at just about our check out time) and we were sold out the night before. What also can complicate matters is that because we have a variety of room categories we have to have the type of room reserved ready in order to check a new guest in.

From time to time we do get criticized about not being able to check someone in before our stated check in time, which is hard to overcome if the room has not checked out or is not yet clean and ready for check in earlier than 3 PM. So, if we do not have a clean room ready and tell a guest they cannot check in before 3 PM; we are perceived as being rude because we do not have the answer they want to hear. Regardless, in situations when we cannot check someone in early, we do say that they are welcome go and relax by our pool, use our beach, or have something to eat or drink at our restaurant, pool side patio dining area, or Tiki bar.

Darby has been with us about 6 months and has done an impressive job, and in fact received numerous compliments about her high level of guest service and hospitable attitude both on comment cards and even been mentioned positively here on Trip Advisor.

We do appreciate the positive feedback about Julene and that you did enjoy your stay once we were able to get you checked in. We do work as a team here, so glad to hear that Julene was able to make some recovery for us. Rest assured we will still discuss this review with Darby because the bottom line is that perception is reality in the way we operate.

Thank you for being our guest and we do hope you will stay with us again.
kansas City, Kansas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I don't want to make this so long no one reads it, but I'm SO joyed I found Beachcomber. I'm a single mom who badly needed a get away I could afford. I'M ON THE BEACH! WITH OCEAN VIEW Balcony! The staff is personable and security watches our parking lots carefully. I came back late tonight and security checked on me when I took too long at my car. My first room was great but I wanted a bigger ocean view (and away from a family that woke me up way early) and in a couple of hours Brian put me in a room up high where Icould rest quietly and see/hear the ocean well. I wanted to hug him!! I will not go anywhere else when I visit Pompano now. <3 <3 <3 #singlemominheaven!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Bowie, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I found this place after reviewing hotels in the Fort Lauderdale area for late September. We were planning a mini-getaway after our wedding before our real honeymoon and the Beachcomber looked like a reasonable and nice place to stay. This "resort" (not really!) needs a lot of updates. The website and pictures online are very deceiving! The rooms are old and kind of dingy. Everything seemed pretty clean, but I just felt like we were in a time warp. The staff was friendly and the food at the restaurant was okay, but we definitely ate elsewhere after the first day. Overall, it was an okay experience, but not somewhere we would recommend to friends/family.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for the ocean front room with a patio.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
La Puente
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Me and my husband stayed there last year and still remember how beautiful this place is. To find a hotel like this for under 200 a night for an oceanfront room with an amazing view and a huge balcony with two full sized chase loungers on the balcony is a big deal to me. The room was huge it had a big kigsize bed flat screen tv desk another chase lounger with ottoman a separate kitchen area a big closet in the hallway leading to the bathroom. The grounds were clean and have a nice little tropical garden at least two pools bar restaurant hammocks on the beach. We stood there 3 days for a pre cruise stay would stay there again if leaving from Fort Lauderdale again.

Room Tip: If staying in an oceanfront room get a high floor because there are tall palm trees blocking the vi...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Beachcomber Resort and Villas? Share your experiences!