“Find somewhere else to stay!” 1 of 5 stars

La Costa Beach Club Resort
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1504 North Ocean Blvd., Pompano Beach, FL 33062   |
Ranked #16 of 36 Hotels in Pompano Beach
Ner Jersey
“Find somewhere else to stay!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2008

Let me start by saying there were 2 positive t hings about this place. One was the few staff that we encountered. They were very friendly and helpful. The second was the location. It was great to be able to walk out to the beach. That is where the positives end. We booked this place using our timesharing company, RCI, and it was all they had available on the beach. Now I know why. We checked in and the room was horribly dirty. The floors were awful and the bathroom was disgusting!! Thankfully I had packed clorox wipes and was able to wipe everything down before we used it. The unit is so small and so old that everything we touched literally broke off in our hands. Starting with the living area the doors did not lock, the sliding glass door was so old and horribly off the track that you had to be superman to open it. The ceiling fans did not work and the fire alarm was constantly beeping with singed wires hanging out of the walls. There was a very small TV and no DVD player. The "couch" was more of a patio furniture set and sleeping on the pullout was horrible. The kitchen was old pressboard cabinets that were chipping and peeling. The microwave handle was glued on, which broke the first time we touched it, and the toaster had to be held down the whole time you attempted to toast anything. Pots and pans were old and gross looking and the celing was old fashioed large lights with visible insulation in it which I can only imagine is a fire hazard. The bathroom was horrible with hair in the tub and old shampoo and soap smears all over it. Same with the old pressboard cabinets that were chipping and peeling and no cold water in the bathroom sick. We brushed our teeth for 4 days with hot water. The toilet was old and stained and you can only get clean towels at certain times. Bedroom was the most decent room and still that had broken ceiling fans and lights that flickered off and on and a broken remote contol for the TV. One of these things by t hemselves may not have been such a big deal but it was just everything! Some things were fixed on the second day but others were ignored and we did complain. We left on Wednesday after having enough of the whole scene. Indoor pools and recreation areas were not working and we were told it had been this was for over 4 months. Do yourself a favor, find another place to stay! Horrible!!!

• Liked — Location and Staff.
  • Disliked — The room itself.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Central Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2008

The place is clean, peaceful and lovely. The staff are helpful and pleasent. The lights are off at night due to local laws prohibiting beachside lights ANYWHERE in Florida. This is done to protect hatching sea turtles. The entire place is very new - hurricane Wilma totalled the resort and the place had to be nearly re built. The pools are plentiful and clean, the rooms are spotless upon check in and the location can not be beat. I got married in Pompano beach - spent my honeymoon here, I can think of no better place to have enjoyed this special time. The only issue I had was with the temperature in the Jacuzzi being low

Jerry Brown

• Liked — location, peace
  • Disliked — hot tub was cold
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
pittsburgh, pa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2007

We looked at this resort on the internet and did our homework about it and thought it looked like a nice place to stay so we decided to book a week through our timeshare booking agency. When we arrived we were completely disappointed. The room smelled horrible, was in dire need of updating, the doors and windows would not lock properly, and the toilet seat was yellow from urine stains. When we went to the front desk to see if they could help, the lady in the office could care less and was absolutely no help to the point of being rude. We did not even stay one night... we checked out and got a hotel down the road, that's how bad LaCosta is.
We have stayed at many other resorts and this is completely a DUMP! Don't waste your money or time.

• Liked — On the Beach
  • Disliked — Cleanliness and Service
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2007

I purchased a timeshare on the Skyauction.com website. The pictures make it look like a nice place. It was described as a one bedroom, max occ of 4 people. In the description on skyauction,it was said to have two outdoor swimming pools,1 indoor swimming pool, indoor/outdoor hot tubs, exercise room,saunas and shuffleboard courts. It also states that the one bedroom timeshares are max 4/pri 2 or max 4/pri 4 have 1 or 1.5 baths. When I asked the office manager what the difference was, and would I be getting 1.5 baths. She stated there was no difference in the max 4/pri 2 and the max4/pri 4. Also no, I would not be getting 1.5 baths.Either queen or double bed and sleep sofa. The description states that stairs maybe necessary to get to units. What they failed to inform you of is that all lights are out in the public areas after dark, outside of the inner courtyard. In other words, if you happen to be on the beach or just lounging by the hot tub when it gets dark. You will be left in the dark, the back staircase was TOTALLY without light. You must feel the key into the keyhole to unlock the door.All the apt/room doors open outward onto the public walkway. The night person on duty locked the hot tub at 8:10pm Sunday evening.The property is more of a motel with apts. than a resort. If you stay less than two weeks, you will have to puchase cleaning items and clean the place yourself. In order to get clean towels, toilet tissue, soap etc., YOU have to take used towels, linen to a towel exchange window and ask for the tissue and soap. You must be careful of the keys you receive. I was told when i checked in, that one key was for the apt and the other opened all the gates. Some visitors and I got locked onto the property the second night I was there. The keys didnt work, no one answered the phone in the office. After a visitor, myself and before the night person on duty appeared and tried using the keys given, I called the fire dept. One of my visitors ran around the property and found a gate that wasn't locked. I cancelled the fire dept request with the emergency operator. The pools and hot tub are locked promptly at sundown. I have stayed at many timeshare resorts, This is far from a resort. I only saw senior citizens during the day lounging in and around the pool. The place isnt bad, its just misleading in its description. I would never pay timeshare resort price for this motel though. Be careful when purchasing unseen accommodations online. The pictures are of better accommodations than whats really there.There was no carpet to be found and the place was sparsely furnished. I thought I did some homework. The office manager could not transfer me to another property, told me to contact RCI. I contacted Skyauction, with no help there. They got their payment and couldn't care less what you find when you get there. I was told to write a complaint when I get back home. Wow!

• Liked — It was on the beach and had a decent kitchen I could use.
  • Disliked — Unable to use the facility when I was ready. Safety was an issue because of being on the second landing with no lights after dark.Being charged for a timeshare resort and getting a third rate motel.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2007

La Costa Beach Club Resort is very neat and clean. We stayed in one of the one bedroom townhomes. There is plenty of space for 4. The living room (with sleeper sofa) is downstairs along with a full kitchen and dinning area and a half bath. There is a spiral staircase that leads to the bedroom and full bath. There were three pools (one indoors) and two hot tubs at the resort. The kitchen has all you need and again I can't express how neat and clean the place was. Nothing fancy...but very clean. There was only one thing that we were not thrilled with and that was the bed. It was very firm. If you like firm...the place would rate PERFECT. The beach is right there just yards away from the resort. My husband and I both agree that it was a nice getaway. Not too many children there either...which is a plus if it's an anniversary trip or honeymoon. The staff were very friendly and there is lots of shopping minutes away. Ft. Lauderdale and Miami are just minutes away...very close....We had dinner in Ft. Lauderfdale at a place called Catfish Dewey's, it was GREAT...The fried shrimp dinner for $14.99 is more than one person could possibly eat. A nice place to visit is Butterfly World...a very nice garden full of butterflies and humming birds. Our trip to Pompano was great! We would go back again for sure!

Been to La Costa Beach Club Resort? Share your experiences!