“GREAT PLACE” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lighthouse Cove Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pompano Beach
Lighthouse Cove Resort
You added Lighthouse Cove Resort to your Saves list
1406 N. Ocean Blvd., Pompano Beach, FL 33062   |
Ranked #14 of 36 Hotels in Pompano Beach
providence, rhode island
“GREAT PLACE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2010

I have been going to lighthouse cove for the past 10 years. and it has made a transformation from a place that is so so, to a wonderful resort that you can enjoy with family and friends. A great place for the price, mangement, location, beach, food, and accomadiations. Yes, you can go to another newer resort and pay a lot more, but you would not have the access to what i call , local fun. You have a beautiful beach a few feet away, the same beach that you would have in another more expensive resort. The same Golf , same everything. The biggest plus, in the mangement, they are helpful, and nice people to have a good time with. The tiki bar is second to none, and if you ask people where they are staying, it would be someother resort, but come there to have fun. So if you are a single person, family, or whatever, you will get the best bang for you buck at this resort. Who ever wrote"dirty door knobs" should know that i have stood in places much more expensive and have had dirty toilets. Go and enjoy. thanks for reading Angelo for R.I.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Eastpointe, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

My wife and I have been going to the LHC for almost 20 years together, as her family owns time share there. Each year upgrades are made, but they are limited and sometimes there are annoying issues like broken doorwall latches, etc, that you have to deal with when you first arrive. Mgmt is prompt in fixing those issues when they are reported, and for the most part the rooms are in very good shape. The Florida humidity and salt water take a toll on everything down there, but the place is by no means a wreck. The elevators have their issues sometimes, but they work. Housekeeping is almost non-existent unless you want to pay extra, otherwise they come in and do a full cleaning once a week. However, if the place is a mess I am sure they will send someone up, they are very accommodating. I should note that I have never had an issue with any of this, but I am not the prissy type who needs new sheets every day.

Now for the grounds - this is where the LHC excels. There are four buildings set in a "U" shape facing the ocean. In the middle there is a very large swimming pool that is cleaned meticulously. There is also a large jacuzzi that can fit about 15 people. The tiki bar has decent bar food and cold drinks, and a nice area with umbrella'd tables to sit at, plus a large wrap-around bar. There is a lot of deck space and it is all newer brick paver with nicely maintaing tropical landscaping (palm trees, bushes, etc) throughout. Lounge chairs are everywhere, as well as tables, but you might want to get down there early in the morning to claim your spot as the best spots are taken fast! All of this opens to the beach, which is very nice. You literally walk off the deck and onto the beach. Since this is the Atlantic side, there is sometimes seaweed that washes up overnight, but the beach is cleaned almost daily to remove that stuff. Beach chairs and canopies are available to guests/owners. I think there may be a nominal fee to rent one for the day, but it is not expensive. A small hut near the deck offers sunscreen and other beach items, and rents out waverunners and other fun stuff.

The LHC also has an onsight restaurant that is fairly nice. We haven't eaten there much, as the food is a little more expensive. We prefer to eat right at the tiki bar, or go to a local restaurant (I highly recommend Piranha Pats, aka Flanigans on Atlantic Ave). At night the tiki bar has either karaoke or some other local entertainment. It is geared towards an older crowd, but young people do enjoy it as well. I like to sit on my balcony, soak in the breeze, and listen to the music in the evening. It is very relaxing. The music is not loud when you are in your room, and our kids have never had a problem sleeping through it, even when our room was right over the tiki bar.

Overall, I really like this place and the surrounding area. The atmosphere is fun and friendly, and I like having an apartment-like room where I can make dinner if I choose. The sun is hot, the rooms are cold, the location is absolutely perfect. The LHC is definitely more comfortable than your typical hotel, but I would not consider it a posh resort either. Personally, I will likely continue to go there as long as I am able.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Chino Hills, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2009

We stayed at a studio unit (714) with all the basic amenities. The room & bathroom were clean. The sofa bed was very uncomfortable. The maximum occupancy of a studio should be for 2 people instead of 3; but with a comfortable queen bed.

The beach (very clean) and ocean view from our balcony was great. The whole building needs renovation and modernization (starting with the elevators and units entrance doors), so it can be in harmony with the great area it is located.

We arrived at 1 p.m. and our room was ready for occupancy; that act of courtesy from the L.C.R. was a plus for us.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2009

My husband and I stayed here for 1 week in October, the hotel is run down (our balcony door broke the 3rd day) but I expected that from the reviews. The beach is beautiful and the pool and hot tub are great. The staff was helpful and the tiki bar was well priced. We met a lot of the locals at the tiki bar and enjoyed the karaoke nights. We are in out 30's so we were a bit younger then most of the guest but enjoyed our stay very much. If you see Scott at the tiki bar buy him a drink tell him Joe and Heather said hi!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2009

We stayed here for 5 days in October. As the other reviewers have mentioned, the kitchens have been recently renovated (granite counters/stainless steel kitchens) but the renovations stop there. Outdated and just generally dirty rooms. The room does have decent cable and access to wifi which is a plus. Pool was fine. Tiki bar and food were fine. I think if you know what you are getting (a motel-type atmosphere) and set your expectations low, it is probably fine. If you are used to more modern accommodations this probably will be a big disappointment.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2009

For location, I rate it an A, located right on the beach and nice walk up and down the beach. The beach looked clean-ish, though in the sand remained many pieces of gabage that could be raked up. The pool was ok, lots of older people (age 60+ couples), few young people and/or families. The hotel is VERY dated, few to no real resort amenities.
The elevator and laundry room were dirty. the activities room looked like something out of a prison movie.
The units were NOT nice at all, and the carpeting had many paint stains (and other stains that were unrecognizable) from a recent paint job. I soon found out that the unit we were in was recently "renovated" Meaning the kitchen was-all new appliances and countertops.
The bathrooms were scary. I had what looked like a 20 year old toilet seat with many nicks and cigarette stains, that I was afraid to sit on! The light covers were coming off of the lights AND I found a worm and ants ---on the 6th Floor!
The entertainment was ok, if you like bad lounge singers. But the older folks didn't seem to mind. the more the others enjoyed it, the more I tried to bear it and even laughed with them. Heard wedding singer renditions of Frank, Dean and Pink Floyd (that was too weird for words!)
Honestly, if this place didn't have a good location on the beach, it would be the biggest dump.
Be forewarned!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
New York, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

I am currently here at the lighthouse cove resort. What a dump. I guess the saying is true, you get what you paid for. This place need some maitenance. the door knobs are rusty , the room is moldy, the air conditioner is loud, the beds are uncomfortable. And to top it off, there's ants. I booked for 5 days, I am not trying to cut it short and find a different hotel. the only good thing is free parking.

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Lighthouse Cove Resort? Share your experiences!