“2nd time at the light house” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lighthouse Cove Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pompano Beach
Lighthouse Cove Resort
Save Saved
You added Lighthouse Cove Resort to your Saves list
1406 N. Ocean Blvd., Pompano Beach, FL 33062   |
Ranked #18 of 35 hotels in Pompano Beach
Sudbury, Canada
“2nd time at the light house”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We enjoyed it enough last year we went back this year.......and looking to see if we can get a suite again this year.........it is older but many timeshares are.......we love the ambiance, the nightly entertainment, the location on the beach and proximity to amenities, walks and the accomodation........all have ocean view.....

Room Tip: love the nightly entertainment.....higher is better.......
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

115 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We spent the second week of our stay in Florida right on the beach in Pompano Beach. If you had enough beach, there was the pool and tiki bar a few feet away. We were on the ground floor with a daily view of the sunrise and sunset from our patio doors. The staff was excellent and there is nightly entertainment. Our room had two sliding doors to the beach and two bathrooms. There are plenty of excellent restaurants, shopping and sightseeing in the immediate area. Great stay, it was our second stay here.....would do it again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
The Villages, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We spent a week at the beach. It is great to stay in a place with a kitchen, bedroom and living room. Just like being home with none of the chores. We were right on the beach and loved just sitting and looking at sea. If you want to, you can take a dip in the pool or have a meal at the Tiki Bar in your bathing suit. For a little more formal, there is the Seaside Grill. Lots of things to do in the area and casinos abound if you are the gambling type. We really enjoyed our week there and would recommend it to couples, families or girls weekend away.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hernando, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The Lighthouse Cove are townhouses with a balcony view of the Beach. The view overlooks the pool, Tiki Bar and Beach. The vacation rentals have a full kitchen, master bedroom, living room usually with a pull out sofa, and of course a bathroom. They come in one or two bedrooms, one or two baths, etc. We had a one bedroom unit. It was perfect for our stay there. There was a beautiful view of the ocean. The sand is just so clean. The weekend I was there the waves were a little stronger and higher, it gave me a real good sense of the beach, the waves and the tropical air. It was nice to have the Tiki Bar for Breakfast, lunch and an afternoon Happy Hour. They also have a restaurant that had a menu for lunch and dinner. It made it easy for me to be there and I did not have to go anywhere to find food or drink. I just rested and we took walks on the beach, hung out on the balcony or at the Tiki Bar. They had music there later in the day and into the night - but not so into the night as to be a problem with peach and sleeping. I enjoyed it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I am not a timeshare owner. We decided to book a room over the July 4th holiday. We booked a two bedroom townhouse. I knew the place was going to be a little older, but we were ok with that. We got to check in early and our room was perfect. We had two balconies that over looked the pool and had a view of the beach. Our room was clean and there was plenty of room for us and our three kids. We had a full kitchen so we stocked it up with food and drinks for us and the kids. The pool is very clean and the beach was fantastic. There is also a great tiki bar by the pool that serves great drinks and good food. We winded up having a really great time. Its not a 5 star hotel, but if you know that going into it I think you will have a great time. We did.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I have been a timeshare owner at Light House Cove for over 25 years. I always have a great time there with my family & all the families that have been staying there with us for years. The pool & beach are fun & they have a tiki bar & entertainment Thurs- Sunday. There is a restaurant on site with a bar as well.

There is no exercise room, no planned activities for children like they had in the past, a worn out make shift ping pong table that the kids have played on for years, it has seen better years. The lobby & decor are not up to par. Elevator area & hall way are nasty need pressure washed, sales office is nasty... How can you sell a timeshare with a disorganized office / make shift kitchen (Sanford & Son) office. I was not comfortable sitting in that office. My condo has been bug free for the past 25 years & this year several units and my unit have seen cockroaches.. Not good for sales folks. Security at night did not do their job well. The pool closes at 11 p.m. & people partying & swimming way past closing time. Needs spruced up, updated, events for members, the bar outside looked like locals & heavy drinkers. They need to put the owners that pay their salaries first.

Room Tip: Go to a Marriott
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

A friend and I stayed at our friends timeshare for a week in early May. The location was great. We had a ground floor unit with a great little patio with a direct view of the beach- (two big sliders- open up for the ocean wind). The pool was literally right around the corner from us. It was well taken care of. There were a lot of nice tables with umbrellas, lounge chairs and a tiki bar a few steps a way. The view of the sunrise and sunsets are amazing. The living areas were a little dated. It looked as though the kitchens have been upgraded recently, however, there is still a wall of mirrors in the dining room. It's okay....didn't spend too much time inside. There is a restaurant on site- which is pretty nice. We had a good time while enjoying the $10.99 Fillet Minoin special- YUM.

Two suggestions:
1) If you are a timeshare sales person (blond lady), do not call and say you have a "Welcome Package" with coupons and shampoo items. Then, show up and want to sit a have a sales meeting. "No Thank you" was my response and the coupons in her hand were stuck back in the shoulder bag and she huffed away. If you want to sell me a timeshare, say so. I mean I was already there enjoying myself, it is the perfect time to discuss. Set up a 15 Minute meeting, buy us a drink and appetizer, and show me the numbers. Set a 10 minute follow up. Duh

2) I understand linen can be expensive, however, make it a little easier to exchange your towels. The same towels all week isn't really possible. I kinda felt like a prisoner. I walked over to the exchange location and handed some towels to a woman. She proceeded to count them out loud and go to the "clean" pile and count out the same amount for me. Just weird.

ok, one more suggestion- turn the band's speakers down! It is so loud, I couldn't escape it. All bands were good, but one time I was trying to take a nap. It was really loud

Still 4 stars for the beautiful beach, pool, and location!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Lighthouse Cove Resort? Share your experiences!