“Fun for the Family!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lighthouse Cove Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pompano Beach
Lighthouse Cove Resort
You added Lighthouse Cove Resort to your Saves list
1406 N. Ocean Blvd., Pompano Beach, FL 33062   |
Ranked #15 of 36 Hotels in Pompano Beach
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Fun for the Family!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I am not a timeshare owner. We decided to book a room over the July 4th holiday. We booked a two bedroom townhouse. I knew the place was going to be a little older, but we were ok with that. We got to check in early and our room was perfect. We had two balconies that over looked the pool and had a view of the beach. Our room was clean and there was plenty of room for us and our three kids. We had a full kitchen so we stocked it up with food and drinks for us and the kids. The pool is very clean and the beach was fantastic. There is also a great tiki bar by the pool that serves great drinks and good food. We winded up having a really great time. Its not a 5 star hotel, but if you know that going into it I think you will have a great time. We did.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I have been a timeshare owner at Light House Cove for over 25 years. I always have a great time there with my family & all the families that have been staying there with us for years. The pool & beach are fun & they have a tiki bar & entertainment Thurs- Sunday. There is a restaurant on site with a bar as well.

There is no exercise room, no planned activities for children like they had in the past, a worn out make shift ping pong table that the kids have played on for years, it has seen better years. The lobby & decor are not up to par. Elevator area & hall way are nasty need pressure washed, sales office is nasty... How can you sell a timeshare with a disorganized office / make shift kitchen (Sanford & Son) office. I was not comfortable sitting in that office. My condo has been bug free for the past 25 years & this year several units and my unit have seen cockroaches.. Not good for sales folks. Security at night did not do their job well. The pool closes at 11 p.m. & people partying & swimming way past closing time. Needs spruced up, updated, events for members, the bar outside looked like locals & heavy drinkers. They need to put the owners that pay their salaries first.

Room Tip: Go to a Marriott
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

A friend and I stayed at our friends timeshare for a week in early May. The location was great. We had a ground floor unit with a great little patio with a direct view of the beach- (two big sliders- open up for the ocean wind). The pool was literally right around the corner from us. It was well taken care of. There were a lot of nice tables with umbrellas, lounge chairs and a tiki bar a few steps a way. The view of the sunrise and sunsets are amazing. The living areas were a little dated. It looked as though the kitchens have been upgraded recently, however, there is still a wall of mirrors in the dining room. It's okay....didn't spend too much time inside. There is a restaurant on site- which is pretty nice. We had a good time while enjoying the $10.99 Fillet Minoin special- YUM.

Two suggestions:
1) If you are a timeshare sales person (blond lady), do not call and say you have a "Welcome Package" with coupons and shampoo items. Then, show up and want to sit a have a sales meeting. "No Thank you" was my response and the coupons in her hand were stuck back in the shoulder bag and she huffed away. If you want to sell me a timeshare, say so. I mean I was already there enjoying myself, it is the perfect time to discuss. Set up a 15 Minute meeting, buy us a drink and appetizer, and show me the numbers. Set a 10 minute follow up. Duh

2) I understand linen can be expensive, however, make it a little easier to exchange your towels. The same towels all week isn't really possible. I kinda felt like a prisoner. I walked over to the exchange location and handed some towels to a woman. She proceeded to count them out loud and go to the "clean" pile and count out the same amount for me. Just weird.

ok, one more suggestion- turn the band's speakers down! It is so loud, I couldn't escape it. All bands were good, but one time I was trying to take a nap. It was really loud

Still 4 stars for the beautiful beach, pool, and location!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Coconut Creek, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

This is my second stay and review of Lighthouse Cove. This place is a hidden Gem.We stayed the weekend of April 12-14 2013.Light house cove is a time share,but we stayed as a rental.Unit 421 was nice with an updated kitchen and bathrooms.This is a place for all ages and familys.The Tiki bar was fun and easy to make friends the crowd was cool.The building is right on the sand,so you can hang at the pool or swim in the ocean.Keep in mind this is not a new property some things are dated,but you cannot beat the value for what you get.I cant wait to go back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Indianapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I bought a studio unit here in the mid-80's. We used it for a few years then exchanged thru RCI to larger units at different locations for many years while the kids were vacationing with us. Well, we've been here at our April week every year since 2010. It's not fancy, but it is fun!! The pool, hot tub, tiki bar and beach are great! What more could you want for a Florida vacation. Can't wait to check in next week!!

Room Tip: Every room above ground level has a view of the ocean. You won't be in you room long here!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Fantastic location with ocean views from all balconies, great pool and hot tub area right on the beachfront, Tiki Bar that serves light breakfast and lunch menus, great ambiance. Clean rooms, comfortable, full kitchens, helpful staff, and close to many wonderful local attractions. Favorite place to go when needing some sand and sea!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Beautiful oceanview room. Lovely beach. Nice room. Couldn't ask for more. There's a tiki bar by the pool, that has karaoke and duos. Can be fun. Full kitchen/fridge in room. Balcony view of the beach beyond palm trees and the pool. Would go again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Lighthouse Cove Resort? Share your experiences!