“Family-Friendly, Fantastic.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lighthouse Cove Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pompano Beach
Lighthouse Cove Resort
Save Saved
You added Lighthouse Cove Resort to your Saves list
1406 N. Ocean Blvd., Pompano Beach, FL 33062   |
Ranked #18 of 35 Hotels in Pompano Beach
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Family-Friendly, Fantastic.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

This will be my second year staying at the Lighthouse Cove resort in a few months and I love many things about it. One: it's a timeshare/condo resort that has a lovely kitchen. It makes the trip much more to my taste, literally and figuratively, as I love to cook my own food (gluten intolerance). Two: It's a fantastic beach/ocean view. You can pay extra to guarantee that you have a beach view, but I am pleased with whatever I get. It's right on the ocean. Three: The hot tub/pool use (also right on the ocean) is a big plus. I've never had problems with management. Overall: It's a beautiful place and I love going there!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
brooklyn, new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

This resort is in a great location-on the beach with a great apartment and pool. The one issue we had was the poolside music every afternoon. The singers were very good but the volume was ridiculously high. We could hear the music from the other side of the building and on the 6th floor. We asked the management to lower the volume but they said it was not part of the resort. This seemed very odd since the musicians were right next to the pool. Apart from this issue, it is an excellent place to relax and enjoy everything Florida offers.

Room Tip: Higher floors facing away from the pool for more quiet and a great view of the ocean and lighthouse.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
soleil2jours
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed here in 2011 and still compare other locations to this one. While it may not be posh, it has a great location with a terrific beach. We stayed in a first floor unit where we stepped over the little sand wall and were on the beach which was great for our kids. We were on an end unit away from the pool so it was quiet, though the pool area was never that noisy. There was some construction while we were there but it never interfered with our stay. We were aware of it and were glad they were keeping up the place. Our unit had a recent renovation to the kitchen area. The pool is quite large whereas some other places we stayed have little pools without much depth. Our kids have been avid swimmers since quite small, so this was terrific as they could really swim and it wasn't ever crowded wall to wall. The unit was a one bedroom and the kids slept on a pull-out couch and there was still plenty of room. The tiki bar had good, quick food and decent live music. It was a great laid-back, no worries resort.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the pool and beach-front are quieter
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Sandusky, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Our family owns 4 timeshares at LHC. I've stayed the past two years w/ my husband, our two children (6mo & almost 2 in 2011, 18 months & almost 3 the 2012), my father in-law, sister in-laws, and their children/families. Needless to say we do all like it there. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if we end up with yet a 5th timeshare at LHC as our family is growing. It's family and kid friendly, relatively clean and quiet compared to other beaches/resorts, oceanfront, with everything we need and plenty of things to do close by.

The first year I was in the newer "Building 4" and had the most wonderful vacation experience. The large studio was spacious, refurbished, well stocked, and clean. Nice big closets, nice balcony, the Murphy bed and pull out could have been a little softer, but not so bad we lost sleep over it. The pool and beach are well maintained and the location is great. I never had to deal with the front desk for anything the entire week. The pool area was clean and the view from our condo was amazing. I was still nursing my youngest during this trip, no matter where we were on grounds it was only a short distance to our condo for privacy, peace and quiet. I didn't nurse by the pool or in the common areas, so I have no idea what the taken attitude would be toward nursing mothers, but I do have to say that even though the guests were all "checking out" and "awwing" the baby, they never overstepped their bounds and just came up and started touching so for an overprotective new mother, it was a great place to vacation with young babies. For the most part the clientele seems friendly and easy going. Definitely geared toward the older demographic, but a great family place filled with people of all ages.

My 2nd year (2012) did not go as well as before. Upon arrival our smaller studio (this year above the Tiki bar) wasn't exactly clean, and was in slight disrepair. Mostly minor maintenance problems most of which I was willing to overlook until the complaints started piling up. The room still had everything in it the larger nicer room had, and the kitchen and bathroom were fine it was just smaller. Other than the minor maintenance problems, the size of the room didn't bother me at all. It was plenty of room for my husband, two toddlers, and I. The kids loved being on the balcony watching all the lights from the tiki bar and dancing to the music. The tiki bar was quiet after 8-9 pm every night but New Years Eve.

Though all situations weren't handled to my standard of service, they were handled. The front desk clerk was pretty rude, seemed hassled when forced to deal with you. January 1st (holiday) my daughter spilled juice on her blanket after linen exchange and front desk hours, I was greeted on the phone by not so friendly security who rudely said "there are signs everywhere! Front desk closed at 5 today" and was refused a blanket. I realize this isn't a hotel, but really? I just think its stupid for not one person on the night shift has access to clean bedding. No one ever soils blankets after 5 on holidays or 9pm the rest of the year? So that night my robe was substitute for a blanket. Oh well.

All of the other staff were very friendly, non-invasive, and seemed happy to do their jobs. They also didn't seem to mind my almost 3 year old high-fiving them and telling them "good job" when they came to fix things which was great. When staying in a poorer unit you do seem to notice more problems than with just the room. Such as the dirty elevators, pi$$-poor repair jobs, and somewhat apathetic management. The public(?) restrooms in the courtyard by the Tiki bar were absolutely disgusting at all times. I have seen better and cleaner at rundown campgrounds in the middle of nowhere. The timeshare office by the (pool which is very clean in contrast) is an eyesore as well as the surrounding area (laundry room, activity room, restrooms) it could all use a good scrubbing and updating. That area just looks like no one cares at all.

Despite the issues we had with our unit this year, and the non-cleanliness of certain parts of the grounds, I still had a lovely time with my family at LHC. Our neighbors were awesome, the atmosphere was great, the view, the beach, SOUTH FLORIDA! We had a great time with the kids, and we will surely be back next year. As an owner, I would like to see management step it up a bit. Overall I am pleased, but would like to see a little more pride taken in the place. It really is a nice place but needs some TLC here and there. Its no Embassy Suites, but its better than Days Inn. It feels private and safe and I will continue to ring in the New Year there with my family every year we are able to make it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Olympia, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Me: Wyndham "Owner" who used his points via RCI to stay here.

Good to know: This is not a hotel; it's a timeshare facility owned by several owners. Anyone who references this as a hotel in other posts needs to get slapped (seriously, as they likely don't know the different between a timeshare condo and hotel and shouldn't comment).

Pros: Excellent beach front location - just about every room has an ocean view of some kind. If it doesn't have a view, you have a view of the pool (like I did) which I was very pleased with. Had a ground floor studio unit so it was nice to walk to the pool from my room in ten steps or less. Great atmosphere, great beach, free parking; honestly if this place (studio unit) is still 60k or less in points, I will be back in a heartbeat! Not a far drive from Ft. Lauderdale/Miami hoopla. Easy walk to the restaurant or Tiki Lounge. Helpful staff.

Work On: 1) I loved the Tiki Lounge. Some of the entertainment acts were great (the acts that had live instrumental bands, live singers with real instruments/percussion ). However, some of the entertainment acts at the Tiki Bar (which the entire resort hears from the pleasure of their balconies and patios as the act echos/reverbs throughout the resort; not just the bar) were questionable. For example, there were several entertainment "professionals" that just sang off karaoke tracks. After about twenty songs, this got pretty annoying. Not that they were bad singers; the entire thing in itself sounded unprofessional. Perhaps the three-four audience members who were actually still in the Tiki Bar loved it, not sure. I had seriously thought it was was karaoke night and I was ready to perform myself (note I can sing pretty well) but no ....... apparently these were "professionals" singing. "Johnny Mathis Jr." (a name I came up with), who performed "Proud to be an American" and Neil Diamond's "America" sounded great after two songs but got very annoying the rest of the routine/night. Again, keep in mind the entire resort hears this entertainment, not just Tiki Bar guests. Did I mention I was doing laps in the pool (all to myself) while these people were singing? Other "professional" performers were just downright terrible and should have stopped after two-three songs. My suggestion to the resort and Tiki Bar management: Make it a requirement that live instruments have to be played otherwise open up the singing to everyone (make it a karaoke night). I am sure there were several other guests at the resort who could sing just as well/better than the people they were paying on stage. 2) There should be some discounts on the kayak/jet ski rentals -- the fees were somewhat terrible and it was easier to find lower rates online for locations nearby. 3) Wireless Internet was very slow and isn't professionally designed to handle this resort; not a high-density wireless setup. At night, one was lucky if there was enough bandwidth to check their email.

Overall: A great resort, well managed, clean, and would love to come back again. Remove the cheesy acts at the Tiki Bar and fix the wireless Internet.

Room Tip: It's a timeshare resort;
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

We stayed at this condo August 18 - 25, 2012. The staff at the front desk was very courteous and had our check-in papers waiting for us. Our unit was on the 5th floor, first impression was that the hallway needed refurbishing with new paint and carpeting and we immediately wondered what our room would look like. The room was absolutely beautiful and very clean. The kitchen was updated with granite countertops, a very spacious bedroom, dining area and living room. Flat screen t.v.s in the bedroom and living room. We had a corner unit with a wonderful view of the beach and ocean from our balcony and a view of the pool from our living room window.

There is a laundry room which could also use some TLC, but the machines were clean.

There were some down sides to our stay. Our next door neighbors were quite foul mouthed and the walls between our bedroom and their unit were thin. We could hear their young children running around the room and especially when they had yelling and crying episodes. But, you can't pick your neighbors.

Also had an incident with a very rude member of the housekeeping staff (did not want to share the elevator and told us so) and had to report her to the management.

The pool area was well maintained and the beach was spotless. The tiki bar offered food and drink and there is a restaurant on site. The parking lot was quite small and spaces were in high demand as it also served as a parking lot for the restaurant. Since we stayed in the off season, I would think that parking would be a matter of concern in the winter months.

We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and would definitely stay here again, but it sure would be nice to know who our neighbors would be in advance..

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Coconut Creek, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stayed the weekend of August 10-12 2012..Checked in Friday evening,front desk was very helpfull and polite.Condo 613 was very nice with updated kitchen and bathroom and great view of the ocean and entire complex.Keep in mind the complex is not brand new but what you get for the price is a very nice place to enjoy a vacation.Tiki bar was cool,had breakfast there also Sunday morning.Lots of families and children enjoying the pool and ocean,this property is right on the sand.There is all ages here and saw people from many different places and countries.People seemed happy and very talkative easy to make new friends.This is a time share,but I just rented,there are no sales tours or any pressure of that nature.Overall great place.

Room Tip: Ocean View
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Lighthouse Cove Resort? Share your experiences!