“Great family place, management could step it up a bit though.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lighthouse Cove Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pompano Beach
Lighthouse Cove Resort
1406 N. Ocean Blvd., Pompano Beach, FL 33062   |
Ranked #19 of 35 hotels in Pompano Beach
Sandusky, Michigan, United States
“Great family place, management could step it up a bit though.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Our family owns 4 timeshares at LHC. I've stayed the past two years w/ my husband, our two children (6mo & almost 2 in 2011, 18 months & almost 3 the 2012), my father in-law, sister in-laws, and their children/families. Needless to say we do all like it there. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if we end up with yet a 5th timeshare at LHC as our family is growing. It's family and kid friendly, relatively clean and quiet compared to other beaches/resorts, oceanfront, with everything we need and plenty of things to do close by.

The first year I was in the newer "Building 4" and had the most wonderful vacation experience. The large studio was spacious, refurbished, well stocked, and clean. Nice big closets, nice balcony, the Murphy bed and pull out could have been a little softer, but not so bad we lost sleep over it. The pool and beach are well maintained and the location is great. I never had to deal with the front desk for anything the entire week. The pool area was clean and the view from our condo was amazing. I was still nursing my youngest during this trip, no matter where we were on grounds it was only a short distance to our condo for privacy, peace and quiet. I didn't nurse by the pool or in the common areas, so I have no idea what the taken attitude would be toward nursing mothers, but I do have to say that even though the guests were all "checking out" and "awwing" the baby, they never overstepped their bounds and just came up and started touching so for an overprotective new mother, it was a great place to vacation with young babies. For the most part the clientele seems friendly and easy going. Definitely geared toward the older demographic, but a great family place filled with people of all ages.

My 2nd year (2012) did not go as well as before. Upon arrival our smaller studio (this year above the Tiki bar) wasn't exactly clean, and was in slight disrepair. Mostly minor maintenance problems most of which I was willing to overlook until the complaints started piling up. The room still had everything in it the larger nicer room had, and the kitchen and bathroom were fine it was just smaller. Other than the minor maintenance problems, the size of the room didn't bother me at all. It was plenty of room for my husband, two toddlers, and I. The kids loved being on the balcony watching all the lights from the tiki bar and dancing to the music. The tiki bar was quiet after 8-9 pm every night but New Years Eve.

Though all situations weren't handled to my standard of service, they were handled. The front desk clerk was pretty rude, seemed hassled when forced to deal with you. January 1st (holiday) my daughter spilled juice on her blanket after linen exchange and front desk hours, I was greeted on the phone by not so friendly security who rudely said "there are signs everywhere! Front desk closed at 5 today" and was refused a blanket. I realize this isn't a hotel, but really? I just think its stupid for not one person on the night shift has access to clean bedding. No one ever soils blankets after 5 on holidays or 9pm the rest of the year? So that night my robe was substitute for a blanket. Oh well.

All of the other staff were very friendly, non-invasive, and seemed happy to do their jobs. They also didn't seem to mind my almost 3 year old high-fiving them and telling them "good job" when they came to fix things which was great. When staying in a poorer unit you do seem to notice more problems than with just the room. Such as the dirty elevators, pi$$-poor repair jobs, and somewhat apathetic management. The public(?) restrooms in the courtyard by the Tiki bar were absolutely disgusting at all times. I have seen better and cleaner at rundown campgrounds in the middle of nowhere. The timeshare office by the (pool which is very clean in contrast) is an eyesore as well as the surrounding area (laundry room, activity room, restrooms) it could all use a good scrubbing and updating. That area just looks like no one cares at all.

Despite the issues we had with our unit this year, and the non-cleanliness of certain parts of the grounds, I still had a lovely time with my family at LHC. Our neighbors were awesome, the atmosphere was great, the view, the beach, SOUTH FLORIDA! We had a great time with the kids, and we will surely be back next year. As an owner, I would like to see management step it up a bit. Overall I am pleased, but would like to see a little more pride taken in the place. It really is a nice place but needs some TLC here and there. Its no Embassy Suites, but its better than Days Inn. It feels private and safe and I will continue to ring in the New Year there with my family every year we are able to make it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

107 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Olympia, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Me: Wyndham "Owner" who used his points via RCI to stay here.

Good to know: This is not a hotel; it's a timeshare facility owned by several owners. Anyone who references this as a hotel in other posts needs to get slapped (seriously, as they likely don't know the different between a timeshare condo and hotel and shouldn't comment).

Pros: Excellent beach front location - just about every room has an ocean view of some kind. If it doesn't have a view, you have a view of the pool (like I did) which I was very pleased with. Had a ground floor studio unit so it was nice to walk to the pool from my room in ten steps or less. Great atmosphere, great beach, free parking; honestly if this place (studio unit) is still 60k or less in points, I will be back in a heartbeat! Not a far drive from Ft. Lauderdale/Miami hoopla. Easy walk to the restaurant or Tiki Lounge. Helpful staff.

Work On: 1) I loved the Tiki Lounge. Some of the entertainment acts were great (the acts that had live instrumental bands, live singers with real instruments/percussion ). However, some of the entertainment acts at the Tiki Bar (which the entire resort hears from the pleasure of their balconies and patios as the act echos/reverbs throughout the resort; not just the bar) were questionable. For example, there were several entertainment "professionals" that just sang off karaoke tracks. After about twenty songs, this got pretty annoying. Not that they were bad singers; the entire thing in itself sounded unprofessional. Perhaps the three-four audience members who were actually still in the Tiki Bar loved it, not sure. I had seriously thought it was was karaoke night and I was ready to perform myself (note I can sing pretty well) but no ....... apparently these were "professionals" singing. "Johnny Mathis Jr." (a name I came up with), who performed "Proud to be an American" and Neil Diamond's "America" sounded great after two songs but got very annoying the rest of the routine/night. Again, keep in mind the entire resort hears this entertainment, not just Tiki Bar guests. Did I mention I was doing laps in the pool (all to myself) while these people were singing? Other "professional" performers were just downright terrible and should have stopped after two-three songs. My suggestion to the resort and Tiki Bar management: Make it a requirement that live instruments have to be played otherwise open up the singing to everyone (make it a karaoke night). I am sure there were several other guests at the resort who could sing just as well/better than the people they were paying on stage. 2) There should be some discounts on the kayak/jet ski rentals -- the fees were somewhat terrible and it was easier to find lower rates online for locations nearby. 3) Wireless Internet was very slow and isn't professionally designed to handle this resort; not a high-density wireless setup. At night, one was lucky if there was enough bandwidth to check their email.

Overall: A great resort, well managed, clean, and would love to come back again. Remove the cheesy acts at the Tiki Bar and fix the wireless Internet.

Room Tip: It's a timeshare resort;
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Lady Lake
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

We stayed at this condo August 18 - 25, 2012. The staff at the front desk was very courteous and had our check-in papers waiting for us. Our unit was on the 5th floor, first impression was that the hallway needed refurbishing with new paint and carpeting and we immediately wondered what our room would look like. The room was absolutely beautiful and very clean. The kitchen was updated with granite countertops, a very spacious bedroom, dining area and living room. Flat screen t.v.s in the bedroom and living room. We had a corner unit with a wonderful view of the beach and ocean from our balcony and a view of the pool from our living room window.

There is a laundry room which could also use some TLC, but the machines were clean.

There were some down sides to our stay. Our next door neighbors were quite foul mouthed and the walls between our bedroom and their unit were thin. We could hear their young children running around the room and especially when they had yelling and crying episodes. But, you can't pick your neighbors.

Also had an incident with a very rude member of the housekeeping staff (did not want to share the elevator and told us so) and had to report her to the management.

The pool area was well maintained and the beach was spotless. The tiki bar offered food and drink and there is a restaurant on site. The parking lot was quite small and spaces were in high demand as it also served as a parking lot for the restaurant. Since we stayed in the off season, I would think that parking would be a matter of concern in the winter months.

We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and would definitely stay here again, but it sure would be nice to know who our neighbors would be in advance..

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Coconut Creek, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stayed the weekend of August 10-12 2012..Checked in Friday evening,front desk was very helpfull and polite.Condo 613 was very nice with updated kitchen and bathroom and great view of the ocean and entire complex.Keep in mind the complex is not brand new but what you get for the price is a very nice place to enjoy a vacation.Tiki bar was cool,had breakfast there also Sunday morning.Lots of families and children enjoying the pool and ocean,this property is right on the sand.There is all ages here and saw people from many different places and countries.People seemed happy and very talkative easy to make new friends.This is a time share,but I just rented,there are no sales tours or any pressure of that nature.Overall great place.

Room Tip: Ocean View
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We were in room 622 and it was awesome! Very nice, updated, great view of pool and beach! Two large balconies. I would definitely go back! Kitchen had granite and stainless steele appliances! We had plenty of towels (bath and beach). Linens were very clean. Entertainment was ok... it was fun to listen to live music from the balcony down by the pool. Bathrooms were in good shape. We didn't eat at the restaurants as we went to the grocery store and bought groceries for the week.

Room Tip: We were close to elevator but it wasn't loud or anything. It looked like most of the rooms had...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Great beach and easy location. Older building but reasonably maintained. Our 2 bedroom was good size and the view of the ocean was nice. Great pool on the edge of the sand and food/drinks available onsite

• Stayed August 2011
Plainfield, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

My family has owned a timeshare unit at LHC for about 20 yrs, so my husband has been going there since he was a child. Very family friendly, many owners have held the same week for years, so you actually get to know your neighbors. About 5 yrs ago, to keep the family tradition going strong, we purchased a small unit ourselves. Could not be happier :) The staff knows us by name (even though we are only there 2 weeks out of the year). We love long walks on the beach down to the Lighthouse. The seawall between the intercoastal and the ocean is a great place to stop and look for fish. This year we saw a manatee! Last year a puffer fish and a ray. Awesome! The beaches are well maintained. We have rented from Life's a Beach over the years, we have done the banana boat, been parasailing, rented jet skis - all amazing. And the people are so friendly. We watched the sun rise and a young woman on the beach offered to take our photo together (always stinks when there are only two of you, you can't be in the photo together), she emailed us the photos, wonderful memories. We swim in the pool for hours. It’s great. Very large pool with varying depths so small children able to stand and swim in the shallows, while the older crowd can slip away to the other side of the pool and relax. Huge hot tub, you could fit about 20 people in there if you tried. Tiki bar - great food, great drinks and entertainment. I have never been on a cruise, but I imagine that is what it's like. Crooners like Sinatra, Bennett, playing in the background. There is also a new restaurant. We went there for Father's Day and had the buffet. Very good value for nice meal and a drink. We have stayed in several rooms throughout the years and the views are always breathtaking. I usually sit out on the balcony late into the evening and listen to the ocean and the palm tree fronds swaying in the breeze. I love LHC and look forward to bringing my own children there someday. The idea of sharing this amazing place with them, as my husband's folks have done with him and then with me, makes me smile when I think about it. Wonderful memories :)

Room Tip: 503, 405, 306, 815 - we have stayed in each of these rooms and loved them. Excellent views, and gre...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Lighthouse Cove Resort? Share your experiences!