“Great Annual Family Trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lighthouse Cove Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pompano Beach
Lighthouse Cove Resort
1406 N. Ocean Blvd., Pompano Beach, FL 33062   |
Ranked #17 of 35 hotels in Pompano Beach
Plainfield, Illinois
“Great Annual Family Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

My family has owned a timeshare unit at LHC for about 20 yrs, so my husband has been going there since he was a child. Very family friendly, many owners have held the same week for years, so you actually get to know your neighbors. About 5 yrs ago, to keep the family tradition going strong, we purchased a small unit ourselves. Could not be happier :) The staff knows us by name (even though we are only there 2 weeks out of the year). We love long walks on the beach down to the Lighthouse. The seawall between the intercoastal and the ocean is a great place to stop and look for fish. This year we saw a manatee! Last year a puffer fish and a ray. Awesome! The beaches are well maintained. We have rented from Life's a Beach over the years, we have done the banana boat, been parasailing, rented jet skis - all amazing. And the people are so friendly. We watched the sun rise and a young woman on the beach offered to take our photo together (always stinks when there are only two of you, you can't be in the photo together), she emailed us the photos, wonderful memories. We swim in the pool for hours. It’s great. Very large pool with varying depths so small children able to stand and swim in the shallows, while the older crowd can slip away to the other side of the pool and relax. Huge hot tub, you could fit about 20 people in there if you tried. Tiki bar - great food, great drinks and entertainment. I have never been on a cruise, but I imagine that is what it's like. Crooners like Sinatra, Bennett, playing in the background. There is also a new restaurant. We went there for Father's Day and had the buffet. Very good value for nice meal and a drink. We have stayed in several rooms throughout the years and the views are always breathtaking. I usually sit out on the balcony late into the evening and listen to the ocean and the palm tree fronds swaying in the breeze. I love LHC and look forward to bringing my own children there someday. The idea of sharing this amazing place with them, as my husband's folks have done with him and then with me, makes me smile when I think about it. Wonderful memories :)

Room Tip: 503, 405, 306, 815 - we have stayed in each of these rooms and loved them. Excellent views, and gre...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

113 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

Two years in a row with no elevator. The one elevator only goes to the 7th floor which makes it tough when you are on the 8th floor. We had to walk around the building every time we left the room. Moving out was loads of fun. If you don't like smoke, you won't like this place at all. Decent, crowded pool. Beach is nice. Entertainment every night is fun for the older crowd.

• Stayed June 2012
Minnesota City, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

Lots of people said to ask for a Ocean room. I did and the front desk attendant was rude and told me it was not his problem as well as lied several times. I got a ground floor room with no view, the room I was assigned smelled like mold, I went down to complain and the maintenance guy. Said it was a new room and that he could not do anything (in a very rude manner). One of the showers had mold in it (they just painted over the old mold. The wall started molding more while I was there if you do stay here make sure to but lots of air fresheners. The ceiling tile was decayed by the air unit which I am guessing it the source of the mold smell. Heaven forbid they do repairs right. The light did not work in one of my rooms as well. The only good things about the room were the kitchen and the furniture. The private beach on the other hand was very nice loved it nice clear water and very clean sand. The pool was nice and so was the bar. If you are looking for a nice beach and plan to spend a lot of time on it then go here. If you are looking for a nice room, good staff and customer service look elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
North Bergen, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

I did not stay here so I cant comment on the room quality but I did come here everyday to enjoy the ameneties. The beach was very nice they have these really cute cabanas for rent that make the beach setting very enjoyable especially with kids. The pool bar has a great special, breakfast and a margarita for $6.95. Staff at the bar is great and there is alot of friendly people in the resort. Parking is free best of all and there are all type of water sports available. It seemed like a live place for adults and kids a little bit of an older crowd but they were a hip older crowd not quiet and boring. would definaltly consider staying here on my next trip.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Northeast Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

This is a Timeshare Resort with rentals available. Oceanfront, directly on a wide, clean beach, with fantastic views. Very relaxed and laid back atmosphere. Recently updated buildings & rooms with full kitchens at reasonable rates. Large pool area that can get busy, but not like hotel pools where you're sitting 6" away from the next person. Great for families, good mix of ages and the Tiki Bar is very popular with the local older crowd in the evenings. Laundry room and some hallways need updating, but overall a great stay.

Room Tip: Ask for an Oceanfront Front in Condo I, 3rd floor and above are the best.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Twin Cities
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

We travelled here last year for a quick family trip to fl. The room was ok, had a few odd flooring options going on but it was obvious that they are working on it to update it. I liked the little patio overlooking the pool and beach I honestly didn't mind the room- its not a 5 star hotel and I knew that going into it.
I chose it for the pool, beach and tiki bar with food and entertainment and they did not disappoint there! We were traveling with a toddler so finding a place that had on site entertainment was kind of important to us. We wanted to feel like we were still having a night out with cocktails and live music without having to leave the grounds and that was family friendly and we found that at the Lighthouse Cove.
Our little one LOVED the pool we could hardly get her out. There were tons of other kids there for her to play with and you could tell there were lots of families there that had been coming there for years. Everyone staying at the resort was so nice and very sweet to our little one it felt like the whole resort was watching out for each other- a great sense of community.
Sadly we happened to come at a time when they were doing construction on the lanais- like jackhammering and drilling all day and our Lanai was next in line. What can you do? They need to update the resort- I can't blame them for that but it wasn't very relaxing so we had to very reluctantly move to another resort.
We would most definitely come back. It was the experience we had in the short time we were there that will bring us back- it was the fellow travelers, the awesome pool, the beautiful beach, the fun tiki bar and on site entertainment.
The construction is no doubt finished-we shall return.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Greeley, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

Lighthouse Cove gave me mixed feelings. We were there at the end of April 2011.
The good......I absolutely LOVED their beach. It was clean, not crowded at all, great for walking and getting in the ocean. Easy access to the beach, not crowded and enjoyed the view of it from the pool which alot of resorts you can't. The pool was fantastic, excellent size, always clean and perfect temperature. The hot tub was also fabulous and perfect temperature. One could almost always find a chair to sit on. They usually had live singers and bands at the Tiki Bar which was fun to listen to from the room, and yes it is loud but enjoyable and they always quit by 8-9 p.m. The grounds are also always taken care of. I would highly recommend a car though parking can be tough. They do put orange cones out to save spots for those staying here. The hope is that those visiting the restaurant or bar don't park in them. There is a super Walmart not far and also a publix. Restaurants are a bit of a drive but not bad.

The elevators are small and slow so be patient. The hallways are not very inviting either. When you walk past the laundry room the windows are filthy which is in stark contrast to the groomed grounds. Our room could of been nicer. The drapes are dark, dreary, and old. The livingroom is way too small to accomodate 6 people and awkward to watch tv as was our table to eat at. The carpet was nice and had been recently replaced, however, the seams were not put together right and long strands kept unraveling. Eventually there will be a large gap which is already starting.....waste of good carpet. Our balcony was tiny and really couldn't be enjoyed much but we had a good view of the beach & pool when two people were standing (that is all it could hold). The second bedroom was small with a bed that was wall to wall. The bathrooms were also small. The main bedroom was nice and the walk-in closet had a safe which is a nice touch. Kitchen had granite countertops but really could only accomodate one person at a time as it was also small but sufficient and had a nice refrigerator.

Would I stay there again is the big question? YES, but one needs to be easy going about it. The beach, pool, and grounds are top priority on OUR vacation list and Lighthouse Cove gets an A in that area. The room is clean and relatively quiet though could be nicer. Luckily we don't spend much time in the room, but the livingroom is was really got me. The leather couch was nice, but area it was in was soooo small. Maybe 9'x7' if that with the tv at the end of this narrow rectangle. So for that I gave it a C.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Been to Lighthouse Cove Resort? Share your experiences!