“Stay away from Saturday night.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Petersburg NJ USA
“Stay away from Saturday night.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Visited on a busy Saturday night with another couple. Had read the mixed, mostly favorable reviews. All had an excellent meal. The chicken cacciatore was superb. From soup/salad to dessert, all delicious. Like I said, busy Saturday night, we felt rushed. Drinks arrived, followed by a couple of requests for our order and our order arrived quickly. The outside area was nice, but arriving diners paraded through it to the hostess. Will visit again, but not on a weekend.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Newbury, United Kingdom
“Throw your customers out before meal ends and if they don't like it ask the policeman sitting outside to join in”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

We had a tasteless, over-sauced pasta and some wine and before I had finished my glass, the maitre d'/owner started to turn the lights out. Presumably he wanted to go home - it was 9.30pm. When my husband told me to sit still and finish my wine, the owner shouted over to us "We're closed". My husband asked him to return the tip he'd just paid - owner made a phone call and hey presto! a policeman at the door, who was extremely aggressive to both of us. On returning home, I rang and spoke to their Chief of Police who apologised profusely for the behaviour of his policeman and assured me that the fact that he was parked right outside the venue was simply a coincidence... I wonder! Obviously I would rather starve than go back there. The owner was unpleasant and the food wasn't much better. Glutinous - NOT the standard I'm using to consuming in Europe. Sorry, didn't like anything about it!

Visited April 2013
“Old Charm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

We had a great evening here! The courtyard is lovely. We called ahead for reservations and they were ready when we arrived. We waiter Kenny was very attentive and recommended the Veal which 2 in our party enjoyed, we also tried the Eggplant and it was very good. For an appetizer we tried the baked clams although small the topping was very good. The garlic bread was worth the calories. We ended our dinner with a fantastic Lemon Sorbet. We enjoyed!

Visited March 2014
Edgewood, New Mexico
“Ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Nice Italian restaurant indoor and outdoor seating. My friends got two different pasta dishes which were good. Unfortunately my dish was not I got the veal frensa but it needs work. The veal was cook well but then for some reason it was plopped down in a sea of lemon juice/sauce? Making half of my cutlet soggy I guess they forgot you suppose to sprinkle the lemon over it. The pasta served with was OK but the sauce was nondescript and was too salty

Pompano Beach, Florida
“THE most discusting restaurant experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I have just written the following message to La Veranda;

I had diner for the first & last time at your restaurant last night.
I didn't mind the wait, or the very strange waiter who served us, greeting us with an extended monologue about his daughter's behavior and the new car he just bought her (???) but once we finally got our meal, I was distracted by the busboy clearing the table behind my husband...the busboy's extreme coughing was disturbing, especially since he made no attempt to cover his mouth as he very loudly coughed away...but much more disturbing was when he spit up a GOB of PHLEM in one of your linen napkins....I have travelled across the world, including the orient and I have NEVER seen anything like this.....Better yet was when the waiter asked me why I did not touch my meal ( totally lost my appetite...) and I explained what your busboy had just done, he just said he could not deal with it.....and then brought us our bill...never asked us if we wanted dessert or coffee....as we left, your busboy was setting up a table, coughing away, mouth open over the "fresh" linen and cutlery...
I am lost for worlds...I will never go back to your restaurant, recommend it and certainly will let our friends who do frequent it what happened last night
Claudine Soulard