“La Veranda is our "go to" place when we can't decide” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
South Florida, Florida
“La Veranda is our "go to" place when we can't decide”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We live within a few miles of this restaurant, and have probably eaten here 25+ times. We often go here with friends from our south Florida area or with those visiting us. I didn't think to compliment this restaurant before, because it is so familiar.
It is the place we go to when:
*We can't decide on what we want
*We don't want to wait in line at another place when we don't know if will be good
*We want a good meal, good service, warm attitudes, no pretense, good ambiance, good prices
*We want a place that is welcoming & friendly
*We want to get there before our friends & have wine & cheese/olive plate at the bar
*We want to be greeted as if we are there every week, even if we're not
To sum it up...We love LaVeranda. It is the single restaurant we would miss the most if it weren't there anymore. I'm sorry it took me this long to recognize it! :)

78% Recommend
Lee, MA
“Re-visiting La Veranda”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

My wife and I celebrated her birthady on March 20 th by havining dinner at La Veranda in Pomoano Beach. Not to my surprise, the experience and food was the best. I am acutely aware of the ingredience they use in their cooking because I research most of the restaurants I attend due to a very fussy stomach! Again the food was excellent, the service top notch and topped of with a real cup of expresso with Sambuca, our experience was truly noteworthy.
We'll be back !

Canada
“Great food and friendly service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

There were 9 of us and we sat on the veranda, which is so beautifully decorated. Friends of ours raved about this restaurant, and it was everything they described. The service was fantastic, our waiter was so nice. The wine selection was good, the appetizers were fantastic and the meal itself was authentic italian cuisine. I'm italian and normally don't eat at italian restaurants because I eat the food all the time. But I was very impressed and I will definitely go again when I come back to Florida. The quality and quantity of food that we recieved is something to talk about. You will not be disappointed.

Queens, New York
“Good food but don't dine on the veranda if you can't tolerate cigarette smoke.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Our party of six was warmly greeted. We had a pre dinner cocktail at the bar, a small plate of cheese, dried sausage and olives accompanied our drinks. Nice touch. We dined outside on the "veranda". This is such a pretty setting with tiny flickering lights in the trees, blooming Bougainville and a pretty little fountain. Unfortunately, smoking is allowed outside and it's a bit of a turnoff. This is the only reason that I gave a low rating for atmosphere. Now for the food. Appetizers were very good, clams, two ways were all nice and sweet. Fried calamari was crispy and the tomatoes and mozzarella were okay. This was followed by a salad w/house dressing. They use a creamy ranch dressing which is delicious. Our main courses were okay. Veal parm., w/spaghetti was good as was a house special of chicken rollitini. Red snapper Francaise was absolutely delicious. A little off putting is the spaghetti with red sauce that is served on the side. For such a delicate dish, they just don't go together. During the meal our waiter was always attentive to our needs making for an enjoyable meal.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
stamford, ct
“A good choice for good Italian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Reservations are recommended as this restaurant is usually full for dinner. You are warmly greeted upon arrival. The menu is fairly typical Italian and not extensive. Entrees include baskets of warm delicious garlic bread and salad ( which can be chopped upon request) and a side of spaghetti or a vegetable. My snapper was perfect . The lemony sauce was delicious. Others enjoyed the shrimp fra diavlo, chicken and veal parmigiana. The clams casino were too salty and were replaced with calamari which were lightly and deliciously fried served with a homemade marinara sauce. We enjoyed the tiramasu and a profiterole for dessert. The restaurant was very busy and they know how to handle the capacity. A good choice for good Italian food.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere