“Like a party in my mouth!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #41 of 303 Restaurants in Pompano Beach
Cuisines: Latin
florida
“Like a party in my mouth!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

We were nervous. Sat at bar. Given glass of water, fine napkin on our lap. Then soup. I felt like I was at a fancy joint.
Plantains with cilantro dip brought out next. Serious.. This party is starting out great.
$7.00 for 2 mouth watering pork chops. Samples of sushi .
Server brought out iPad with pics . I wanted one of everything.
I ordered Sea Bass with angel hair, mussels, clams, squid. Best $24. Ever spent. That dinner could have fed 2..or 3..
Dessert next. I have never had such an amazing one.
Heard they have 3 other places. I'm in! Truly like a party in my mouth.
We spent $50., including the best wines ever!

Mount Laurel, New Jersey
“Gem of a Restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Yesterday my husband and I found ourselves on Federal Highway in Pompano Beach looking for a restaurant. He suggested El Tamarindo Café II. I believe we were the first customers of the day for lunch. Our waiter came over and gave us each a complimentary cup of the soup of the day - vegetable beef. It had huge chunks of melt-in-your-mouth beef, carrots and potatoes in a fabulous stock. We both ordered the breaded pork chops, which came with two sides. Each of us ended up ordering a wonderful salad with Thai dressing and tostones with garlic sauce as our sides. The two pork chops we each received were huge. This lunch was so large that we literally took half of it home and had it for dinner last night. All of this and our bill was $17 and change, excluding the tip. The restaurant has a very contemporary feel to it and is decorated well and was very clean. I would never hesitate to recommend this fabulous little restaurant to a friend. Do not let the strip shopping center that it is located in fool you, this is a diamond of a restaurant! When we are in Pompano Beach we will certainly return to this restaurant!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lighthouse Point, Florida
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

We have had dinner here 3 times and each time it was delicious. Very reasonably priced and a special treat are tostones with a great garlic sauce that are served instead of bread. The atmosphere is lovely. We will take company here and are happy to have found a local neighborhood restaurant that we can frequent. The menu has a little bit of everything and you will not be disappointed in the food, price and service

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“Local gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Ate here last week after reading about it on Yelp but didn't find much about it on TA. Although in a strip mall, restaurant was designed well and has an appealing ambience. We were immediately greeted and offered a taste of the house wine which was lovely. Menu is very diverse with Latin and Asian dishes with a focus on seafood. We ordered the ceviche which was full of fresh seafood and well marinated in lime juice. It was a large portion so we split that as an appetizer and then shared the Sea Bass special - plenty of food for 2. The sea bass was divine, done with a salsa and garlic sauce. While waiting for the food, we were given complementary fried plaintain and corn fritters. Very tasty. We saved room for dessert and thoroughly enjoyed the coconut flan, some of the best I have had! Definitely a worthwhile place to enjoy a meal and prices were reasonable!

Visited October 2013