“Fantastic BBQ.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
New York City, New York
“Fantastic BBQ.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Walked into the joint during a quiet period and saw a man behind the counter laying a gorgeous hunk of brisket on a cutting board. "That is a thing of beauty" I said. He thanked me modestly and offered us a slice he'd just carved. It was incredible. Turned out the man was Willy, and he has a real gift for BBQ. A likable guy, too. We ordered a brisket platter and a pulled pork platter, and it was all delicious. Sides were good, too. Served in a traditional style, on butcher's paper instead of plates, seating at picnic benches, but it suits the food, and frankly, that's what you'll be noticing. Wish I had some right now...

Visited March 2014

91% Recommend
“Authentic smoked bbq”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

If you are looking for real authentic smoked bbq, this is the place. I had the combo platter with brisket and ribs, awesome. I smoke my own meats and this is like doing it myself. Its a tiny place and not fancy, also not much parking, but worth it for real good bbq! Will definitely be going back.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best Barbecue I have ever eaten”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Friendly atmosphere, not fancy, just great food! Brisket, chicken, ribs, pulled pork - Come early because they often sell out -

Upper Marlboro, MD
“A Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

After leaving a cruise, we spent 2 days in Ft Lauderdale. After researching restaurants, we decided to eat one night at Blue Willy's. Initially hard to find. The outside just says BBQ and not Blue Willy's. In a small strip mall, it is very bare bones inside as far a decor and tables/chairs. You order at the counter from the owner and pay at the register to the only other employee. We got the two meat platter with two sides. I got the brisket and pulled pork and my wife got the ribs and pulled pork. We both got the slaw and beans. This is, by far, the best BBQ that I have ever had. Beautiful smoke ring and full of good taste. Their sauces at the table are ho hum, so I had sneaked in my favorite Blistering hot BBQ sauce from another purveyor. The owner claims that the locals know all about it, but I only saw about 6 other folks inside on a Monday evening. If you are ever in this area, go here. You won't regret it!

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Glendale, California
“Good food, lacking in service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

We drove from West Palm Beach to get to Blue Willy's while on vacation with our teens. When we arrived, there was no parking, so we had to park a block away. Its on a very busy street. There are only picnic style tables and a counter to order from. The girl at the register was very low on customer service skills, but the guys working there were really nice. She was quick to take the order and kind of gave us looks when we asked about the items on the menu. I had to explain to her that it was our first time there, so we didnt know about the portions. We ordered Ribs and Pulled Pork and had some great sides. The collard greens and bbq beans were the best, the corn bread was just o.k., kind of on the cold side for me. The food was overall very good, but if you are short on time or out of the area, skip it. We had just come back from a cruise to the Bahamas and were on our way to the Ft. Lauderdale airport, so we thought we would give it a try. Probably worth it, if you live in the area, but not for an "out of state" visitor that's in a hurry. The food came out really quickly, but the girl was definitely not happy assisting first time customers.

• Visited March 2014