“Nice place, just don't expect anything palatial” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Sea Gardens

Save Saved
You added Wyndham Sea Gardens to your Saves list
Wyndham Sea Gardens
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   615 North Ocean Blvd, Pompano Beach, FL 33062 (Formerly Fairfield Sea Gardens Beach and Tennis Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #14 of 35 Hotels in Pompano Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Schenectady, New York
“Nice place, just don't expect anything palatial”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

My partner and I went as guests of my ex-wife and her husband, who are Wyndham timeshare owners (and desperately want to get out of it). The "resort" is further up A1A than we usually stay and is basically just another in a string of timeshare places that run up and down the street in the Pompano beach area.

We stayed in one of the refurbished studios in the North building across from the main part of the resort and we can't complain about anything regarding the room, except maybe housekeeping, which even the front desk admits is not thorough. We stayed from a Friday to Friday and while we could get towels for the asking anytime, I believe housekeeping only enters the room once a week...in our case, on Tuesday. It wasn't a huge deal...just not used to that.

The room had a queen bed, presumably a pull out sofa, full kitchen and a stackable washer and dryer in the bathroom, which was a welcome surprise. There was no carpeting...strictly tile floor throughout the condo. A tiny terrace was outside sliding doors and both a pool and the beach were steps away.

As for the timeshare pitch, we avoided it. They did ask us upon checkin about taking the dreaded "survey" because "it helps us girls out" (must mean commission) but we never took them up on it. We did attend a barbecue the first full day there, but there were no strings attached to that or many of the other scheduled activities.

If I wasn't so fond of the Fort Lauderdale end of A1A, I'd say I'd have no problem with going back here and my partner and I have even thrown the idea around of going back in late December. However, it's not jawdropping enough to be a first choice when it's a good several miles from where we'd really prefer to be.

Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2009

Our condo was a two bedroom on the 10th floor of the Ocean Palm building. It overlooked the ocean and was amazing! It had a great floorplan including a full kitchen, dining area, laundry, two full baths, two great sized bedrooms and and a great balcony. The staff was friendly. The pools were great as well as the beach. We enjoyed the beach rental company that is located on the beach outside of the condo as well, American Water Sports. I rented a lounge chair on the beach for $3.50/day for the week. It was great. We took our two boys ages 4 and 5. They loved it! The pool was great for them and they loved the walk to the ocean. The walkway is beautiful and A1A is not a hard street to cross. We had an amazing time and will stay over and over at this condo!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Thunder Bay,Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2009

I was concerned with some reviews but personally had a great experience. I asked for an upgrade which they facilitated. The front desk service was always friendly and helpful. The condo was clean and housekeeping was great. Awesome lush courtyard atrium style that makes you feel like your in a resort setting.
The location is close to shopping,restaurants and grocery stores. The beach is a quiet area but that is what we wanted. There are busier beaches close by if that is what your looking for. Will recommend to friends and will be back if visiting this area

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2009

i had called before to make sure we had a washing machine in the room because we had lots of people to visit and just took one suitcase with us.
When we got there, they didn't have a room available. I got the manager
and (after 20 minutes) she found a room for us. The room was older
but more than adequate and ithe hotel in a great location. Bottom line - we were happy..

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Whitby
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2009

I booked a 1 bedroom condo through Hotwire.com. When I arrived to sign in, I was advised I had a studio unit. Since I was on the doorstep, at the beginning of Spring break in Florida, I had no choice but to take the studio. I have a timeshare and have stayed in studios and while smaller than I wanted, thought it would be nice. Nothing could be further from the truth.

This studio was very aged, it was dirty, in ill repair and definitely not up to the standards of timeshares where I have stayed. Some of the issues were: chunks out of the tiles in kitchen/bathroom, freezer in small fridge hadn't been defrosted in at least 1 year, (so full of frost I couldn't get the ice cube trays in), the air conditioner was in two pieces, one of which was hanging off the wall, our king size bed had a queen size fitted sheet and kept popping off all night, repairs in bathroom had not been completed, the table lamp had a crack from bottom to top and didn't work.

I did call the hotel lobby regarding these items, they sent someone up with a lightbulb and a sheet, which I needed to put on the bed myself. When I did that, it was again a queen size sheet!

Finally, after two days of complaining, a manager finally sent a facilities person up to check out the room. Within 1/2 hour I was advised we were being moved and the room was being deemed "out of order", since the repairs couldn't be done with someone in it.

The new room was newer and cleaner, but again missing many things...no spoons, broken coffee maker, no coffee cups, etc.

We were only staying 3 days and really it was way too long. This resort sells timeshares but I wouldn't take one of their units, if they gave it to me.

Save your money and your frustration level and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Annapolis, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2009

Three of us visited the Sea Gardens in March, 2009 and stayed in a 2 BR condo in the Ocean Palms building. The Ocean Palms building appears to be the newest building on the resort and is in fairly good shape. The unit was clean although it is time Wyndham considers repainting and doing some regrouting. The resort is situated in Pompano Beach with two smaller buildings on the ocean and the rest of the resort across the street from the ocean. Our building was the furthest from the ocean but it is an easy walk to the beach. The best thing about the resort was the ocean view from our 8th floor condo and the lush tropical plants around the main pool and tiki bar area.

Pompano Beach is a quiet area with little night life and seemingly fewer restauraunts...at least within walking distance of this resort. Flanagins off of Atlantic Blvd had good food and atmosphere. A car is a necessity.

Unfortunately the staff at the resort from the front desk, maids, to bartenders were unfriendly and have no interest in their guest's satisfaction or seem to be interested in return customers. The front desk seemed annoyed that we were checking in and wanted 3 keys (there were 3 of us!). Throughout the week when we called to ask a question we were met with rudeness. The maids constantly blocked the elevator doors with their carts, ignored our greetings or requests for passage. Even the bartenders were not interested in talking or the usual vacation levity that a tropical resort should have. All week it appeared as if the staff were going out of their way to be unpleasant.
I thought perhaps I was imaging things but when I brought it up to my traveling companions they also thought the staff was less than gracious. We were surprised when we checked out to find someone friendly at the front desk!

This would not be my first choice of a return visit mostly because of the unfriendliness of the staff. I'm sure there are other resorts where the staff are trained to be more hospitable than the staff at this one.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
St. Louis, MO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2009

NASTY facility and this does NOT meet the expectaions set out by the brocures and website. If you are loured here - ask for the new tower. We were sent to the oldest building in worse than poor conditions. The foul odor was everpresent, the carpet worn, ripped and filthy and none of our group of 4 would sit on the couch.
The kitchen and baths were just - OK. What a huge disappointment at such a cost.
Sue - St. Louis, MO

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Wyndham Sea Gardens? Share your experiences!