“Great place to have quality time with children.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Sea Gardens

Save Saved
You added Wyndham Sea Gardens to your Saves list
Wyndham Sea Gardens
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   615 North Ocean Blvd, Pompano Beach, FL 33062 (Formerly Fairfield Sea Gardens Beach and Tennis Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #13 of 35 hotels in Pompano Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Quebec City, Canada
“Great place to have quality time with children.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2009

We were there in December 2008 and January 2009.

This is the best place to go with a family.

The units are very clean and so is all the property. There are three heated pools and one that is not. There are a lot of different types of unit, some have a washer and dryer and some do not, but there are coin-operated washer/dryer available (2$). There is also to Jacuzzi on the property and three tennis court available.

Most of the staff are doing a great job and they will do everything they can to accommodate your needs. Evelyn and Pauline were very helpful but beware of Kimberly
who does not seem to know what customer service means.

We never had any problem finding a chair around a pool, even when some guest “reserved” theirs with a towel even if they weren’t there most of the time. This is annoying, but most of the guests are considerate and do not do that.

They provide beach towel, but you cannot exchange them during your stay so you have to wash them yourself if you need too, but since most unit have a washer/dryer and they do provide the detergent this is not a problem.

You can rent a chair and an umbrella at the beach but the beach is so great you really don’t need too. Most of the people we saw just used their towel directly on the sand like we did. The ocean is great too. There is a medium drop when you enter the water (about 4 feet) but when you pass that you only have water to your knees and after that if is very shallow for a while. So the kids can go very far without you worrying about them. On the windy days the waves were really cool but did not seems too dangerous so this is a wonderful place to play with kids.

I will definitely go back to the Sea Garden and I really recommend it to everyone. This is one of the best timeshare I have been to.

• Liked — Location and gardens
  • Disliked — Mix up with the reservations
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

353 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
detroit
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2009

We stayed at this resort dec 20th-27th.We had a studio on the beach.Everything was great except the time share pitch.

Even if we already have wyndham timeshare Janet from the front desk lied tou us.She asked us if we wanted to take a survey they want to know how the check in went etc .it would last only 40 minutes and they would serve breakfast..We didnt want to do it but we ended up going because we really thought it was a survey.
In fact it was a timeshare pitch which we didnt need since we have over 400 000 points.They offered no breakfast and it lasted 2 hours!!We had 2 little children with us...I was very annoyed and just that would make me stop doing business with wyndham.

Nice resort,good location but beware of timeshare pitch

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — timeshare pitch
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2008

The Sea Gardens exceeded our expectations in every way. Our check-in was quick and easy and our (TBA on arrival) one-bedroom accommodations were spacious and clean (rm 416a – North Waterfalls building). We were delighted that we could open our floor-to-ceiling bedroom doors onto a good sized balcony overlooking the waterfall and gardens. Our location along with the North and South Cabana rooms are within close proximity to the tiki bar music and all the fun and games that take place near the main pool and shuffleboard courts. That was fine with us because we engaged in a good number of the planned activities and met some wonderful people from across the country and Canada in that area. But if you prefer a more quiet setting, and you can select your room, ask for either the North or South Ocean View buildings across the street (A1A) from check-in, or the Ocean Palms building at the end of the gardens. If you have a car, consider a visit to Butterfly World (exotic birds from Africa and Australia as well), Loxahatchee NWR (a six foot alligator hangs out at the boat/fishing pier and there is plenty of wildlife and large turtles in their natural setting), the Gumbo Limbo Nature Center (fish pools, sharks, turtles, sea urchins etc.- free – feeding 2:30 pm), Benny’s Pier Palm Beach for breakfast lunch or dinner, and the Jungle Queen dinner cruise as noted in What2see’s review (P.S. Roman & Carol: it was our pleasure meeting you…thanks for your kind words). We took Idonwanna’s advice (previous reviewer) and bought a Publix Key Lime pie…it was beyond delicious…Thanks. I also want to mention Doris at the Concierge desk for the invaluable service she provided when I lost my prescription glasses mid-week. Fortunately, I had replacement lens (for snorkeling), but no frames. Doris contacted her own eye doctor on my behalf and within the hour I could see again. Thank you Doris, and thanks also to Anna, a guest from Canada, who drove me to and from the eye doctor.
Although a couple reviews we read before we arrived had us concerned, the Sea Gardens was a perfect place for us to stay. Our accommodations were comfortable, the staff was friendly and caring, and we had plenty of things to do and see. I can think of only one thing better on a vacation: barbeque ribs, chicken and shrimp with folks from New Mexico and we had that too!

• Liked — spacious, full kitchen, bedroom access to balcony
  • Disliked — nothing
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2008

Dec 13th-20th of 2008. New Mexico.
Our stay at the Sea Gardens was great..we had a nice spacious one bedroom deluxe which has a jaccuzzi in the bedroom..we were on the back building, 9th floor with a balcony overlooking one of the canals. We got to see the Christmas Boat Parade right from the balcony..we had a good view...that was very nice.
The courtyard is filled with tropical foliage and palm trees..we participated in some of the activities there and at times had a few drinks at the Tiki hut..Pompano beach is a quiet area, the sand soft and clean. The temperature was in the high 70's low 80's..not too hot. We caught the city bus for 1.25 (or 3.00 all day pass) per person about half a block from the resort down Ocean Dr. which will take you all the way to Fort Lauderdale Beach..there are alot more stores there and restaurants and much more action on the beach..There is a Walgreens near Atlantic St. which is walking distance but you can catch the bus there too. Publix is the grocery store which can be found if you go on the bus and get off at Commercial St. There is also a cute area (village like) about one block or two south of Commercial St. towards the beach which we came upon, stores , restaurants, etc..there is also a very little store called "food mart" about half ?a block north from the Sea Gardens where you can buy bread, drinks, beer, etc..I think it is right by Motel 6, something like that...that was convenient and I don't think alot of people knew it was there. All these places are on Ocean Dr. I'm just giving you the streets to look for as markers so you don't have to venture off Ocean Dr... Burger King is also located about 2 blocks south of Commercial St.on Ocean Dr., it's across from that cute village area I mentioned. A nice and reasonable place to eat breakfast for about $5-$6 a plate or any meal was there near the Publix grocery near Commercial St. there's a round fountain in front of it so you can't miss it. Some people rented cars but if you just want to remain close and see alot..you can do it by simply using the city bus up along Ocean Dr. To get off at Fort Lauderdale Beach..go south and get off at Las Olas St...There is ALOT to see there...We went on the Jungle Queen Cruise which includes an all you can eat dinner.which we chose for our gift for attending the timeshare meeting.We already are Wyndham timeshare owners..I highly recommend that one.That was the best event of our stay. Captain Louie was so funny and made the boat ride so much fun and the all you can eat ribs, shrimp and chicken was more than we expected..the service was great and the show afterwards was fun too..it was relaxing and we didn't feel rushed at all..We met a sweet couple from Maryland named Frank and Margaret who so happened to be at the Sea Gardens also..they gave us a ride back to the resort..If you ever read this Frank and Margaret, "Thank You" and may God Bless You..
the latest the bus runs north to the Sea Gardens is 10 pm..If you want a quieter stay at the Sea Gardens then request a room
away from the Tiki hut, the outdoor bar..however, there you get a larger balcony overlooking the courtyard which I may add is beautiful to see..The Tiki hut closes by 8-9pm...

• Liked — We had a nice spacious and clean room
  • Disliked — no Wyndham shuttle
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2008

My husband and I got to stay at the Ocean Palms, which is also the Sea Gardens, in Pompano for our honeymoon through a timeshare that his uncle and aunt had. Over all we had a wonderful time. Our rooms were very clean and very spacious. (I've up loaded pictures) We stayed in the towers in the back of the hotel. There was a jacuzzi tub in our bedroom, two sinks in the bath room and a small balcony with a table and two chairs. We were located across the street from the ocean. The property across the street was also owned by the same hotel and we could access the bathrooms there by using our room card when we went to the beach.

I wasn't a huge fan of the southern east coast of FL. I prefer the west coast, but we still had fun things to do. The resort itself had daily activities you could participate in. There was a tiki bar in the middle of the courtyard area along with two swimming pools and two hot tubs. The bathroom in our room came with bath towels and pool towels as well as Bath and Body Works shampoo, conditioner, soap, cotton balls and Qtips.

They did ask us upon check in if we wanted to go to the time share pitch...though they called it a "survey". We said yes only because we wanted the free gift of a dinner cruise. We were also told that we were invited to the "Club House" and there would be breakfast. Breakfast consisted of coffee and muffins in plastic. They try really hard to sell you on getting a timeshare, etc. We ended up not taking the dinner cruise because it was too cold. It was work the hour to get the free tickets to the Mai-Kai Polynesian Dinner and show located on Federal Hwy in Ft. Lauderdale. I recommend stopping there if you have the time. The food is AMAZING and there is a garden in the back. The show was good too. We also ate at Bubba Gumps (the whole restaurant has a Forrest Gump theme and good food).

We also saw manatees swimming in the ocean one day as we were out on the beach. Overall, our experience with the hotel was good. We don't have anything to complain about. Would stay there again if we were in the area.

• Liked — the room and location to the beach
  • Disliked — lack of wireless
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hazelwood, MO (St. Louis)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2008

This was our second stay at this resort. Other than the weather not being great (overcast mostly, windy, some rain, 72 degrees) for the first 4 days, we had a great time again. We stayed in the South Ocean View Unit, which over looks the pool (only unheated one) and the ocean. The unit was clean and fully equipped with everything one would want. The South unit has not been updated as has the North Ocean View. We did go in one of the North units and looked around. All new kitchens, flat screen TVs, all new paint, baths, chairs, beds, tables. Looked and felt like a new building. The staff was super, we attended several of the activities that they hold there every day. We won a free drink, free ice cream sundae, and a carry bag! The headed pools were warm, but still cool for the weather, but the hot tubs were HOT! We were in the hot tubs every night before bed. Even with the upper 60s temps at night the hot tubs were great. It felt a lot of times that the gardens were just for us, as we saw few other guests. Check in was slow, as it is with any hotel or resort. They did push a timeshare update, and didn't want to take 'no' for an answer. But just kept smiling and saying no as we got the parking pass. I can't think of anything 'bad' other than the weather, but even then it was 20 with snow at home so Fl was much better so we loved even the warm showers that popped up a couple of times a day. I'm not a writer, so this may have skipped around a bit. You can read other reviews here with more and better details! I've read them and don't understand some of the negative reports. Perhaps there were looking for a brand new 10 star resort. This is an older resort with buildings from 1965 to 1999. They are always updating and replacing before anything becomes bad. We did have an a/c cut out, the man was there in 5 mins and fixed it in 10 mins. The staff are always smiling and are friendly always helpful. Even the maids and gardeners smile and say 'hi'. In our two trips, we've never seen or heard of some the complaints I've seen posted here. I'd say read them all with a grain of salt. We love it so much, we'll be back in Feb 09. Hope to see you there.

• Liked — Everything, nice laid-back resort. Very relaxing. Truly a "garden" in a quiet part of town
  • Disliked — Nothing, You do need a car as there is no shopping or eating places within .7 miles
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
North Richland Hills, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2008

I can't even begin to explain the horror of this so called resort. I was in my room a total of 45 minutes and went home. I knew I was in trouble when the front desk asked me for $100 to cover incidentals. After arguing with the clerk he finally told me that the $100 was optional and that I didn't have to pay it. The $100 wasn't the point, it was the fact that he told me if I used a debit card that the resort can take up to 30 days to put the money back on your card!

My husband and I go to the room to be blown away by an incredible musty smell that I could not get out of my nose. The a/c would never cool down the room enough to get rid of the "muggy" feel. My husband checked out the bathroom to find out that not only did it have mold on the walls, but two midgets couldn't be in there at the same time due to lack of space.

The kicker for me to decide to go home was the fact that the pillows on the bed didn't have any pillowcases on them. I would expect that a place that calls themselves a resort, should not only have a restaurant on site (which they don't) but that there should be appropriate bed dressings and no mold.

I couldn't get out of the parking lot fast enough to go home, as I was telling my husband I would rather sleep in my car.

• Liked — across the street from the beach
  • Disliked — Musty smell
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Wyndham Sea Gardens? Share your experiences!