“Studio apts are right on the beach” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Sea Gardens

You added Wyndham Sea Gardens to your Saves list
Wyndham Sea Gardens
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   615 North Ocean Blvd, Pompano Beach, FL 33062 (Formerly Fairfield Sea Gardens Beach and Tennis Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #15 of 36 Hotels in Pompano Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Studio apts are right on the beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Love the location of this property. STudios are right on the beach. 1-2 bedrooms are just across the street. Great friendly service. Would definitely stay here again. Stay at any Wyndham (there are 4 here) and you are welcome to use all 4 Wyndhams and bring guests if you wish. 4 pools and hot tubs. Grills available for use and full kitchens. My only complaint is that our rooms smelled musty - housekeeping immediately fabreezed it and it seemed fine; however, the couch maintained a musty order -- we covered it with a sheet. Bed was comfy and view was of the pool/ocean/beach. Would stay here again. Close to Ft. Lauderdale, Las Olas, Lauderdale by the Sea, Galleria Mall and Sawgrass outlets - basically 20 mins to anywhere!

Room Tip: Studios are on the beach - great for couples. Another guest told me their 2 bedroom which was pool...
Green Features: eco-friendly green hotel. All products provided are environmentally friendly.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Sean C, General Manager at Wyndham Sea Gardens, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Dear DorothyZm- Thank you, for the kind words. We will share these with our staff. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you enjoyed our ocean front studio units. Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit!

sean.cannard@wyn.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

I stayed with my family from August 8th-August 15th 2014. We absolutely loved it and will return to say the least. From the point of arrival I had a issue (on my end not the resorts) and thanks to Becky at the front (and her manager, whom I have forgetten the name) were VERY helpful!!! They took care of everything right then and there. I swear I saw Becky every day, so I know she is a hard worker! Sean the GM had already had contact with me regarding a upgrade because we were platinum RCI members, so that already gave me a high opinion of the resort before I even arrived. We arrived to a awesome room with in the Ocean Palms building ( a 2 bedroom 2 bath with every thing we could possibly need). Yes there is a 5 minute walk to the beach from this building but we didn't mind, it was a very nice walk. We were supposed to stay in a studio (which is on the beach) and sometimes we kind of wished that we would have stayed there but only because my husband had a sprained ankle. The only time I needed anything was dishwasher detergent and washing detergent and they were both brought up within 10 minutes! Every staff member always spoke, said hello and had a smile on their face at any time we saw them. The grounds were kept up very well and the other buildings looked nice as well. We had options on 4 pools, and we used 2/4 while we were there. We also went to the pool (w/ slide) at the Palm Aire location only because we stayed there two years ago and our kids loved it. The walk once again was not bad as previous reviewers had stated. I recommend doing research on the property you are going to stay at so you know what is around you etc. We had a intercostal waterway view from our balcony and it was gorgeous. I do not need a ocean view nor décor to keep me happy, although our décor was nice as well. The resort had soooo many activities for children and adults. My children and I participated in a frozen t-shirt contest (not what you think), a sponge race in the pool, and bingo which the kids get sundaes at the end if they have won a event. Eddie with the activities was super friendly as were the other members of this staff! I cannot say enough about this resort!! We are smokers so we absolutely loved our balcony! yes there was some construction on the building across the street and there was also some yard work going on that was a little loud, but at least I know that people were working to make this area a better place!! I LOVED the blackout curtains in our condo!! I have never had these and it looked like 10pm at 10am if you had them shut! Great for anyone who doesn't want sunlight peaking through curtains. My daughter and I participated in a mini spa session and that was nice too! We did go to the meeting down the road at the Royal Vista, in which they try to get you to buy a timeshare. People also complain about this, and if you know how to say no then it is not a problem. No one ever bothered us the rest of the week as others complained! It was actually very interesting. I did not like how the people at that resort talked down on Sea Gardens and the other resorts saying Royal Vista was better, I beg to differ! I loved our stay at Sea Gardens and honestly would stay in any size condo, we loved it! Our kids had their own full size beds and we had a nice plush king size bed. I haven't slept so well in ages!! The shower was very roomy in the master bath and great for coming back from the beach! We had 3 nice tvs so everyone in our party could always watch tv. We did not need anything as far as the kitchen either! I loved that there was a trash chute on our floor as well, made it easier to take all garbage out. There were vending machines on the 8th floor and we were on the 7th. I loved that we were always able to find a luggage cart at arrival and departure. The elevator was never a long wait. I loved that our car was kept in a nice covered garage the whole time we vacationed. All these amenities were perfect considering I had a somewhat handicapped husband for the week. I think that I have covered everything. I do want to say again do not blame a resort when you fail to do research. I know that I research the area and we always drive so we didn't worry about having a car. Also keep in mind that doing upgrades and trying to make a resort better does not happen overnight. If you think that it is cheap to do renovations then think again. From the reviews I saw and then from what I saw at the property some of the reviewers seem to be a little "needy" to say the least. Once again thank you Becky, Sean and every other employee at Sea Gardens keep up the great work!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Sean C, General Manager at Wyndham Sea Gardens, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Dear Krislcia- Thank you so much for the kind words! I will most certainly share these with our staff at Sea Gardens. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and had the opportunity to participate in so many of our Activities, enjoy our beach and our pools, sleep in a bit and relax overall! I truly appreciate the fair and honest assessment of your family's visit with us and we look forward to your next visit.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We visited Sea Gardens at the end of July and thems are 105 with the heat index. We are timeshare owners and I don't think my studio was worth my points. We stayed for 7 nights. The only thing they had available were studios so we had to have 2 of them to fit my family. They said that an adult over 21 had to be in each room. Well that wasn't going to happen but I didn't tell them that. My kids are 18, 17, and16 and they stayed in one room and us the other. We were under the impression they would be side by side or at least on the same floor. Nope one on 3rd and one on 4th. The studio buildings are the oldest buildings and are right on the beach. There are only 6 parking spaces per building. So most have to try to find parking in the small lot of the office. The elevator was out of order for 3 days during my stay. I have neuropathy in my feet and chondromalacia patellae in my knee and had to walk 4 flights of stairs to go do anything. There are 2 buildings of studios that are about 60 units that share 1 washer and dryer. There are 3 additional washers and dryers somewhere near the tiki bar across the street. They don't provide a laundry basket. The laundry room is in the downstairs area that contains the unisex bathrooms and showers that wreak of urine. We are talking about the smell of boys peeing all over the walls smell. Our a/c unit couldn't keep us cool. It was set at 60 degrees the entire stay and I still woke up sweating at night. The only shower is inside the jacuzzi tub which is hard to get in and out of. Definitely not handicapped accessible. The bed leaves me yearning to go back home. It is a queen very firm mattress. I wish Wyndham would start purchasing medium firm mattresses. This at least will be somewhat pleasant for those who like a little softer bed. My son went to return a couple movies to the front desk and there was a rush of check ins, being Friday evening and all. He waited his turn to return them and the person at the desk told him he didn't have time to search our name in the book to check it off because he had people to check in. Last I checked we are just as important as the guests checking in. I better not get a question one over those DVDs. The housekeepers were cleaning the room next to us today speaking Spanish and cursing up a storm as loud as they could. Slamming the cupboard doors and clanking the dishes. I had to bang on the door and ask them to hold it down because my husband had a headache and was trying to rest. They continued on with their loud conversations. So all in all I was disappointed in the stay. I enjoyed the ocean, thanks to Mother Earth. I have had better stays in a motel for less money. You should update the website and be honest about the buildings. Also it is rather irritable when using points the only thing available is a run down building (with nice furniture) but you can Rent 1 and 2 bedrooms as a paying customer for $89-$150 per night. We at least shoikd have been offered rooms on the same floor. Especially being Club Wyndham Access VIP members. Be prepared that you have to drive everywhere. There are very few shops or restaurants within walking distance. However, my feet were so bad I couldn't walk anywhere if I tried. You will waste a lot of gas sitting as stop lights here. Groceries are more expensive than where you live, so be prepared. It rains everyday in the afternoon/late evening. You can still get some good swimming in.

• Stayed July 2014
Sean C, General Manager at Wyndham Sea Gardens, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Shelly M- Thank you for this great feedback. This will allow us to continue to enhance the vacation experience at our resort. I can only assume that your family stayed within our Ocean View South Building, given the elevator issues you referenced; while certainly unforeseen, I am sorry that this caused you duress, and wonder if our team might have been able to find a 1st floor room for you if requested? Additionally, there is no excuse for our Housekeeping team speaking as loudly as they must have been within the room next to yours, and I will take the steps necessary to ensure other guests of ours are not inconvenienced in the same manner.Please let us know if there are opportunities to make your stay better in the future.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We have stayed at Sea Gardens several times from 1993-present. Our room overlooked the ocean. Sea Gardens always offers a variety of interesting activities at the resort. We enjoyed doing water aerobics during this stay. On a previous stay there was a nice animal show where a lemur and other animals were brought to the resort. I love that the resort is right on the beach and offers 3 pools. We enjoyed going back and forth between the ocean and each of the pools. The grounds are well maintained. Security were always present at night and were very friendly. The concierge desk was very helpful and offered us a shutterfly promotion upon checkout. Sea Gardens has always been an excellent resort.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Sean C, General Manager at Wyndham Sea Gardens, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Melissa M- Thank you for the kind words! We will share these with our staff. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to participate within our water aerobics classes and enjoy our property's beach and many pools. Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.!

Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I stayed across the street at the building on the beach. Location not that great you need a car not much of anything in walking distance. I stayed in the studio room. The look of the room was nice could have been cleaned a little better meaning when you look in the corners of the wall you can see dust in the corners. The best thing is that the beach is right there. Not sure if I would stay at this location again. Mainly because of the location not close to entertainment and Restaurants. The studio room does have a full fridge, microwave and stove.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Shortcake079- Thank you for this great feedback. This will allow us to continue to enhance the vacation experience at our resort. Please let us know if there are opportunities to make your stay better in the future.

Louisburg, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

I had a stressful three days at another Wyndham resort, when I arrived at the front desk I guess you could see the frustration on my face because Becky asked are you ok I began explaining my situation. She just listened and really seemed to care. The room we had wad ocean view, very clean and very safe. The pools were clean and not very crowed. One of the best hotels I've stayed in. I'll definitely be returning. Becky should go over to the Palm Aire and give a class on customer service!

• Stayed July 2014
Sean C, General Manager at Wyndham Sea Gardens, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear 1980July-
Thank you for the kind words. We will share these with our staff, especially Becky, as she loves what she does and truly enjoys helping others find their happy place! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, especially your ocean view and our pools. Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We stayed here for a week and LOVED it. The staff was attentive, friendly, and helpful. We stayed on a studio in the beachfront building. It was well-equipped and comfortable. On our next trip, we will probably ask to stay in the Key West villas. The weather was not great while we visited, but there were enough activities on site to keep us happy. We will definitely return!

Stayed July 2014
Dear Hills1201-Thank you, for the kind words regarding your recent visit with us at Sea Gardens. We will share these with our staff. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay on our beach within our Ocean View units. Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.

sean.cannard@wyn.com

Been to Wyndham Sea Gardens? Share your experiences!