“Ocean vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Sea Gardens

Save Saved
You added Wyndham Sea Gardens to your Saves list
Wyndham Sea Gardens
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   615 North Ocean Blvd, Pompano Beach, FL 33062 (Formerly Fairfield Sea Gardens Beach and Tennis Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #13 of 35 Hotels in Pompano Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
New York
“Ocean vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We have stayed at Sea Gardens several times from 1993-present. Our room overlooked the ocean. Sea Gardens always offers a variety of interesting activities at the resort. We enjoyed doing water aerobics during this stay. On a previous stay there was a nice animal show where a lemur and other animals were brought to the resort. I love that the resort is right on the beach and offers 3 pools. We enjoyed going back and forth between the ocean and each of the pools. The grounds are well maintained. Security were always present at night and were very friendly. The concierge desk was very helpful and offered us a shutterfly promotion upon checkout. Sea Gardens has always been an excellent resort.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Sean C, General Manager at Wyndham Sea Gardens, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Melissa M- Thank you for the kind words! We will share these with our staff. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to participate within our water aerobics classes and enjoy our property's beach and many pools. Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.!

sean.cannard@wyn.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I stayed across the street at the building on the beach. Location not that great you need a car not much of anything in walking distance. I stayed in the studio room. The look of the room was nice could have been cleaned a little better meaning when you look in the corners of the wall you can see dust in the corners. The best thing is that the beach is right there. Not sure if I would stay at this location again. Mainly because of the location not close to entertainment and Restaurants. The studio room does have a full fridge, microwave and stove.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Shortcake079- Thank you for this great feedback. This will allow us to continue to enhance the vacation experience at our resort. Please let us know if there are opportunities to make your stay better in the future.

Louisburg, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

I had a stressful three days at another Wyndham resort, when I arrived at the front desk I guess you could see the frustration on my face because Becky asked are you ok I began explaining my situation. She just listened and really seemed to care. The room we had wad ocean view, very clean and very safe. The pools were clean and not very crowed. One of the best hotels I've stayed in. I'll definitely be returning. Becky should go over to the Palm Aire and give a class on customer service!

• Stayed July 2014
Sean C, General Manager at Wyndham Sea Gardens, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear 1980July-
Thank you for the kind words. We will share these with our staff, especially Becky, as she loves what she does and truly enjoys helping others find their happy place! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, especially your ocean view and our pools. Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We stayed here for a week and LOVED it. The staff was attentive, friendly, and helpful. We stayed on a studio in the beachfront building. It was well-equipped and comfortable. On our next trip, we will probably ask to stay in the Key West villas. The weather was not great while we visited, but there were enough activities on site to keep us happy. We will definitely return!

Stayed July 2014
Dear Hills1201-Thank you, for the kind words regarding your recent visit with us at Sea Gardens. We will share these with our staff. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay on our beach within our Ocean View units. Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Terrible. Is it possible to give -5 stars? I was lied to about the resort I'd be staying at through the Wyndham vacation ownership program. When I got here, there was no food on the property except a tiny deli that was closed and no one knows why since they're "not responsible" for the one place on their property that has food. The pictures I'd been shown were not of this shabby place and where's the pool with the kid's slides and river? I was told when I booked that I did not need a car to get around, plenty of things within walking distance. Now I'm here sitting in their crappy small lobby and there is nothing within walking distance. There are zero amenities, and no car rental within miles. My room isn't ready. My daughter is hungry and crying in the lobby where there's no where else to hang out. It's been suggested that I take a cab to a local grocery store or order takeout pizza to have delivered in the lobby. Seriously? I came for a resort vacation. I've called Wyndham customer service about a half dozen times now. They referred me to the manager. She referred me back to the customer service line. I'm going to have to find another hotel on my own. They've told me good luck getting compensated for it. Stay far, far away from this "luxury resort" company. I'm not sure how we'll salvage our four day vacation because it will take me a day to figure out where we're going to go. Completely unacceptable, careless service.

Room Tip: I'd not choose this hotel at all. It was not as advertised - now amenities nearby, not close to...
Green Features: Standard, I guess. Had a miserable time so didn't notice.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Sean C, General Manager at Wyndham Sea Gardens, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Melissa641- I was disappointed to hear our resort's services and amenities did not meet your expectations as provided to you through our corporate reservations team. I know that when you are staying with our resorts, one of the perks is to be able to enjoy the amenities you had expected of us. I was pleased that our Guest Services Manager took ownership of the alleged misinformation and was able to register you ahead of our stated arrival time into our Ocean Palms Building as confirmed and speak with our corporate reservations team to ensure that their resort data is accurate and updated.Thank you for your input; I do hope that your vacation experience with us improved as the week progressed.

Fredericksburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

I'm a Wyndham owner and was pleased with the condition of the rooms. We stayed in Waterfalls in a two bedroom lock-off unit, fully stocked, updated modern furnishings. However, the entrance/parking area is dismal. I'm also a stickler for oceanfront rooms when I travel and this was across the street with no ocean views at all. The tiki bar offered basic activities during the day but shutdown at 8pm. Absolutely no nightlife or dining within walking distance. The gardens however are tranquil and truly a hidden treasure. We visited the Wyndham Royal Vista and it appeared to offer more of the upscale accommodations that I was looking for. This location is nice for families with young kids or seniors.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Lovetotravel1217-Thank you for this great feedback. This will allow us to continue to enhance the vacation experience at our resort. I can tell you that we have recently extended our tiki bar hours an additional hour into the evening, allowing more time to enjoy our gardens environment; additionally, our front entrance facade and parking area is scheduled for a full renovation next year, 2015, and these renovations will greatly improve the vacation experiences of all owners and guests at Sea Gardens. Please let us know if there are opportunities to make your stay better in the future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We checked in as a family. Arrived late at night. It took a while for us to check in but the receptionist was able to upgrade us an Oceanfront which was perfect.

Clean in and out of the hotel. Swimming pool were all clean. The location of the hotel is away from the city life. Secluded in short but easy access to go to places.

Cons is that, understaffed hotel so it was hard to contact somebody if you have a problem which needs attention

Thank you!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Sean C, General Manager at Wyndham Sea Gardens, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Gcrevt- Thank you for this great feedback. This will allow us to continue to enhance the vacation experience at our resort. Please let us know if there are opportunities to improve your visit in the future. I was pleased that we were able to upgrade your room to an oceanfront room upon arrival. I am sorry that our team was challenged with promptly answering your incoming calls, thus delayed with meeting your requests. Our Guest Services team is working on improving their coverage to eliminate these types of service lapses from occurring in the future.

sean.cannard@wyn.com

Been to Wyndham Sea Gardens? Share your experiences!