“Meh” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Sea Gardens

You added Wyndham Sea Gardens to your Saves list
Wyndham Sea Gardens
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   615 North Ocean Blvd, Pompano Beach, FL 33062 (Formerly Fairfield Sea Gardens Beach and Tennis Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #14 of 36 Hotels in Pompano Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Meh”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We have been Wyndham owners for 6 years. This particular location has been the most disappointing thus far. The Ocean Palms rooms are run down and in need of much repair. The rooms have a fancy tile jet tub, but these are actually dangerous. Our daughter slipped and fell and hurt herself stepping out of the tub because the tiles are glazed, slick surface and not meant for locations with water. The slider doors are old and fall off the track and we didn't have hot water in the master bath. We also kept getting locked out of the building because the key pads on the doors from the garage and from the pools kept malfunctioning all week. This got very annoying.
To give credit, the response to all of our issues were prompt, but I'm not impressed with Sea Gardens. I've been to much nicer Wyndhams.

Stayed June 2014
Sean C, General Manager at Wyndham Sea Gardens, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Sarah W.- I am so sorry that your vacation experience at Wyndham Sea Gardens did not meet expectations. We have begun this year to address some of the issues you described within the Ocean Palms units concerning the bathroom floor and sliding glass door and look forward to completing these refurbishments and repairs before year-end. I appreciate the positive feedback regarding our staff's responsiveness to your issues, however it is our goal to provide our units to you and all guests in perfect condition where the team's follow-up would not be required. Thanks very much for your honest feedback and assessment of your most recent stay with us.

sean.cannard@wyn.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I really enjoyed staying at this resort. I was doubtful at first but it did surprise me. Everyone was very friendly when we checked in and helpful. We were in the back in the newer section and it was very nice. If we go back again I would for sure want to stay there. The beach was just across the street and very nice. Wasn't hard to get across as it wasn't that busy. We went in May with another couple and the place was very quiet. We went down to the pool in the evening and it wasn't crowded. If you are going to be in the area, check them out. Its really a nice place.

Room Tip: Say you want to stay in the back taller builder. They are the newest ones and very nice.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Sean C, General Manager at Wyndham Sea Gardens, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Snippie T.-
Thank you for the kind words. We will share these with our staff. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, and, especially, our pools and our beautiful beach! Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.

Muncie, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Our first impression was negative, but ultimately, we had a decent stay.

Check-in at the front desk was very disorganized; parking to register was limited and congested with tiny spaces. Beach access across the street- definitely a plus. The units are older, with some upholstery fabrics well worn, and smaller sized units. Our two-bedroom had one king-sized bed and another room with two lumpy twins. Maneuvering into the covered parking space beneath the condo was a trick. The small, stuffy fitness room is in the parking garage inside the north tower building.

On the other hand, there is lots of action in the lovely center gardens, a block from our building, Key West. Overall, it was clean and pretty quiet. Our party had no major complaints.

If you are looking for newer spaces and more relaxation, we recommend Wyndham's Palm Aire, further inland.

Room Tip: If you are interested in social life, choose a garden balcony room. If you want more quiet, choose...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Sean C, General Manager at Wyndham Sea Gardens, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Swanmill-
Thank you for this great feedback. This will allow us to continue to enhance the vacation experience at our Sea gardens as we are constantly striving to improve the overall look and feel of the resort. Please let us know if there are opportunities to make your stay better in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

I found this property while searching tripadvisor for top places to stay. I was a little concerned when i booked based on some of the negative reviews, but felt it would work for my needs. I stayed in a Studio w/Kitchen overlooking the pool with views of ocean front and back! The room was clean and the kitchen was well stocked with dishes, silverware and cookware. Didn't lack anything that I needed anyway. It's obvious that the room has been updated and considering the age of building, they did a pretty good job. My unit had a Jacuzzi tub with a shower in it. Strange...but it worked. Might be bit difficult for some folks to step over the side into it but it didn't bother me. Some reviews have complained about the walls being thin. I'm not sure it is the walls as much as the connecting door that must not be a very heavy door. I could hear everything going on in the next room. Three separate guests checked in over the 8 nights I stayed and lucky for me all were pretty respectfully quite..i.e no late night parties. But it could be an issue for some folks. I've been coming to Ft. Lauderdale almost every year since 2003 and overall it was probably the best place I've stayed within the price range of this hotel, and by FAR the best views of any. I will definitely be back. Only reason I didn't give it Excellent is because of the couple of things I mentioned.

Room Tip: As far as the studio, choose a deluxe, on the third or forth level for best views.
Green Features: They have recycle-bins throughout the property-nice to see
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Sean C, General Manager at Wyndham Sea Gardens, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Dan B.-
Thank you for the kind words. We will share these with our staff. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your visit to Sea Gardens. Also, great to hear you have visited South Florida for the past ten years and that your Sea Gardens expereince was overall very positive. Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit!

Mount Juliet, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We stayed here in 2009 & 2010. This time it was just my husband and we wanted a studio by the beach for convenience of the beach! When we were here before they were remodelling these units, I had seen pictures on this site of these updated units! I was disappointed when I entered ours, seems semi updated, counters and cabinets not bad but not like pictures from even 2010, more like the 2006 pictures I have seen. Sofa seems new, flat screen TV, but pictures, lights and window treatments dated, must have run out of money! Was glad to see washer and dryer which only shows some have them on unit features. Would be nice to have a chest of drawers for clothes or more hangers, had to hang a couple of outfits per hanger, only 10 for 2 of us! And only 2 small drawers in TV cabinet. Has a nice vanity but the stool is way too low! Need a counter height stool, if you sit on the stool you can't even see in the mirror and the counter is at your chest!
The staff was friendly at check in, we made it clear we are here for relaxing not to spend an hour plus for someone to try to get us to buy more timeshare and get huffy when we don't buy and just want the free gift! They called on day 3 trying to get us to go to this sales pitch! What part of NO do they not understand!
The unit is not bad just not what i was expecting, love being close to the beach and we think the beach rentals are very reasonable if you pay for 4 days upfront! Worth not having to deal with lugging all that stuff to the beach and the young people working it are very nice and polite! We have found several good places to eat, yes you may have to drive 5 or 10 minutes but you need a car to stay here so no big deal!
It is quiet, at least by the beach! Just not enough parking but been able to park just across the street, just use crosswalk! Looking forward to a few more days of R&R !
Would stay here again, but will know more of what to expect. We stayed in the South Water Falls 1 Bedroom in 2009 and it needed updating really bad, which I think they have done, stayed in Ocean Palms 2 bedroom in 2010 and was very nice, maybe we are just ahead of remodelling, same thing when we stayed in Santa Barbara in 2004! Stayed at all 4 Wyndham's in This area, this is my 2nd choice, Palm Aire would be 1st choice if on the beach.

Room Tip: Studio by beach is a little bigger than hotel room with the benefit of small kitchen well equipped f...
Green Features: Appreciate you efforts but lighting is dim, did not see recycle bins in unit.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Sean C, General Manager at Wyndham Sea Gardens, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear 852Lovetotravel-

Thank you for the kind words and fair assessment of your stay with us at Sea Gardens. We will share these with our staff, as we are always seeking areas where we can improve upon the vacation experiences we provide our guests and owners. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your overall visit. Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit!

Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

My sons and I stayed in a 1 bedroom Waterfalls North first floor room. We encountered no problems with the room and the staff was very accommodating. The pools were clean and an ample supply of pool towels were available for exchange. We were in a first floor room that was well shaded on the south so it tended to be dark. The room had adequate lighting that compensated for that though. There are 3 clay tennis courts available for resort guest use. My son and I played a hour of enjoyable tennis while we stayed there. There are no restaurants at the resort but plenty of restaurants within a short drive. There may be a couple of restaurants in other hotels within walking distance. We will be staying here again in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Sean C, General Manager at Wyndham Sea Gardens, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Srothu-
Thank you for the kind words. We will share these with our staff. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your visit with us and had the opportunity to play tennis with us! Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

This resort has a lot to offer. The rooms are very spacious and pretty modern. The resort itself is beautiful. My one complaint is for Michelle Walker, the bartender at the tiki bar. She was very rude and the farthest from friendly that I've experienced in the customer service industry. She did not greet us at all and seemed as if we were inconveniencing her (let me add that the bar had one other guest).

Stayed June 2014
Sean C, General Manager at Wyndham Sea Gardens, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Christi F-
I am so disappointed to hear that your interaction with one of our resort's bartenders did not meet your expectations, as this is not part of the Count On Me service we take pride in at Wyndham. It is imperative that our guests are treated well. Please rest assured that we will be taking action to ensure that this is not ever again an issue for future guests. Again, thanks for taking the time to reach out.

sean.cannard@wyn.com

Been to Wyndham Sea Gardens? Share your experiences!