“Weekend Staycation with Family” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Sea Gardens

Save Saved
You added Wyndham Sea Gardens to your Saves list
Wyndham Sea Gardens
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   615 North Ocean Blvd, Pompano Beach, FL 33062 (Formerly Fairfield Sea Gardens Beach and Tennis Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #13 of 35 hotels in Pompano Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Miami, Florida
“Weekend Staycation with Family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Stayed in a one room suite for the long weekend. Room was over looking the marina and I must say it was comfortable for 5 people. 3 adults and 2 kids. Bed was spacious. In room there was a jacuzzi with a separator for the bathroom. Suite had a pull out couch, big enough for an adult and two kids. In this property there are three close pools. We always gravitated towards the pool on the beach across the street. Because it was a long weekend (4th of July) there was tons of people on the grounds which made the pool a tad bit crowded. Overall it was a great long weekend staycation with my family. Would definitely stay again at the Wyndham Sea Gardens.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

353 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed in a 2 bedroom unit in the Ocean Palms building (supposedly the nicest rooms) June 22nd-29th 2013. Once we got to our room there were stains on the couch and chair. On the coffee table, there was a finger nail clipping. We notified the desk and they said they would try to find us a new room. They never called back all week to offer a new room or ask about the room. The next day I had to call and get stern with them to get them to come steam clean the furniture. The rooms do not look anything like the pictures on the website which are the same pictures found on the brochure that holds the room keys. I don't understand how false advertising like that is OK but we will never return anyways so I guess it doesn't matter to us. I have stayed at several Wyndham locations and this is by far the worst. It was like staying at a motel and not a resort like they claim it to be. Mid way through the week, I developed a bump on my chest that got to the point where I had to go to urgent care. It turned out to be MRSA which I have never had before in my life so I know it was picked up from my stay at The Sea Gardens. I called management to ask if they had heard of this happening and they said no. I spoke with the Manager of the resort and he said to call him when I got the test results to confirm MRSA. I did and of course he didn't answer so I left him a message and he never returned my call. This place is trash I would highly recommend looking into another Wyndham resort before booking at Wyndham Sea Gardens!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bluff City, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I traveled with my wife, my daughter (15), and my two grown sons (22 and 25) met us there. We stayed in a 2 bedroom deluxe room. The room was very clean and very well equipped with everything we needed during our 7 night stay.
The pluses to this property was first the location. It is located about a mile from the pier. There are restaurants all around. There is a Publics groceries 5 minutes away. There were several Walmarts less than 10 minutes away. The pier in Lauderdale has several ocean side shops and restaurants, and it is only a short 10 minute drive down Ocean Blvd.
The Ocean was a short walk across Ocean Blvd from our room. The resort has very reasonable chair rentals on the beach. The resort has three pools. They also have activities going on throughout the day every day like arts and crafts and wine tasting, and I don't believer there was a charge to guests. The main pool located in the middle of the resort has an area with about 4 gas grills that you can use. Right next to that area are tables and chairs with a tiki bar that serves sodas and drinks. The staff was very courteous and helpful throughout our stay. Our room had a washer and dryer but when you needed fresh bath towels or beach towels you only need to call the front desk and they will have them sent to your room anytime you requested. The room itself was nice with a very large king size bed in the master bedroom and two double beds in the second room. Our room was at the back of the tower (8th floor) but we had a beautiful view of the intracoastal waterway. I have read a couple of reviews that stated that there weren't enough chairs in the living space but we had no problem with seating. There were four chairs at the dinning table and two of almost identical chairs at the bar off from the kitchen. There was also a sleeper sofa and another (pretty uncomfortable) chair in the open living space. And there were two chairs out on the balcony that we occasionally brought inside. There were two bathrooms, one with a shower tub combo and there was a walk in shower with a separate whirlpool tube in the master bedroom. The low water pressure in the shower took a little getting use to but that is a minor inconvenience. There was also a parking garage in the building that we stayed in that was very convenient.
The only negatives that I can think of was that some of the common areas (elevators and the area when you exit the elevator) needed to be cleaned more often and with better detail. The stove and oven were very dated. We did get the timeshare pitch right from the very beginning. After you check in they send you directly to this guest services person across the room that gives you information about Wyndham's properties and promptly signs you up for a "free breakfast or lunch" with a free gift if you attend. I signed up initially but later called to cancel because we have a timeshare already and in most cases you lose money with those things. Our guess services rep was disappointed but didn't push us to go form that point on. Point and case... My brother stayed at the timeshare property that we inherited from our parents the same time we were there, and he payed more than we did for the week and we stayed in a nicer facility with more space and amenities.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Oldsmar, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We excahnged our time share for this property back mid May. I had told them I was Handicap, and needed such accomodations and was asured I would have no problem

There where 4 of us and where sent to a room what was terrible, need i say, the bathroom facilites where not for handicap anyone. Don't want to go into details.

We where moved 3 different times, before I just got tired and took the room, in a different Wyndam in the back of Sea Gardens, the view was beautiful, the 2 bedroom was good, we hada balconey, but only 2 chairs, 4 people, men stand.

Then of course came the pitch for a time share purchase with breakfast, two of us went and given the price, I almost fainted. Don't bother if your a time chare owner.

The staff where nice, but raced through all the information, love highly pitched products, go here, if not stay away.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We arrived to the Wyndham Sea Garden thinking we were in a 2 bedroom (with 1 king/queen bed, and 2 double/full beds) and ocean front. We arrive to what seems to be one of the smallest places around. Definitely isn't a high rise, nice place, like you recognize most Wyndhams by. We go to check-in only to find out the only thing on the ocean is studio rooms. Unhappy, we continue to our room which is a 3 story hole in the wall on the side of the street. (The "Key West" Tower) The tower reeked of moth balls, and upon walking to our room I truly couldn't believe this was actually a Wyndham. The super 8 down the road looked better than this. When we got in the room we found the 2nd bedroom contained twin beds, which were not supposed to be in any of the rooms on the property anyway. The pool was smaller than a Super 8 pool. After going straight to the front desk to complain and completely wanting to leave...they arranged it where we stayed that night in that tower, and moved to the back/new tower at the back of the resort. That tower is supposed to have an ocean view, however, there is about 5 buildings in front of the tower and it sits back pretty far, so there isn't much of a view anyway. The back of the tower faces the intercostal waterway. It isn't a bad view, but after we drove 13 hours to the the beach to what we thought was an oceanfront nice resort, we still aren't too happy. We went down the street to a breakfast at the Wyndham Royal Vista, and it was a shame. That resort was like all the other wyndhams. It was a nice, luxurious place, that didn't have a stench, was ocean front, had a nice pool, and nice overall area. I still am in amazement that the Sea Garden is actually a Wyndham property. It must be the most outdated, rip-off of a resort that Wyndham has available. Needless to say we have stayed at many Wyndham resorts, and we will mark this one as one never to return to. Also, there is Nothing really close by to this resort. We drove to Fort Lauderdale for almost everything anyway, which isn't all that far away, but we are used to having at least a few things close by. In summary, if you are looking for a nice, oceanfront resort, book somewhere other than the Wyndham Sea Garden! Also, the other pools and the nice tiki looking place shown in the website pics, isn't like it is shown!

New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

My friend has a Wyndham timeshare so we ended up here for the week with three kids under 4. Our room was nice - it was up-to-date, large and nicely furnished. The kitchen was functional and had all of the necessary equipment. We stayed in a two bedroom suite and had a balcony overlooking the hotel property. The property is nicely laid out with plants and a tiny waterfall. The pool near our building was nice although since it was shaded in the afternoon, it was sometimes a little cold for our liking. The main pool by the tiki bar was better for socializing as there were always other kids around. The main lobby area and activity center were sufficient. My daughter loved it as we did some of the activities they offer (stuffing a plush stingray and princess for a day both for a small charge). To get to the beach you have to cross the street, but that was not problematic for us. The pool closest to the beach was big and sunny. I'm not the biggest beach fan in general so I found the sand to be very coarse and lots of seaweed around, but we spent time there and I'm still cleaning up the sand that we accidentally brought home. The drawback for this property is that there really isn't much around. We vacationed without a car and while workable, it was a little tough. We walked/strollered probably half a mile to a restaurant down the street in another hotel that was really good (something like Lighthouse Cove Hotel). I took a cab to Publix to get some groceries. It took 3 minutes and $7 to get there and 20 minutes and $15 to get back. Necessary in my mind due to having kids, no car and not many eating options. We took a bus to the Galleria mall and a lovely little boutique across the street (Lilacs and something). The bus ride cost $1.75 a person and took maybe 20 minutes plus a 10 minute walk over a bridge. I enjoyed the trip, I'm glad we went, and would consider this property again in the future.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Ocean building all the way at the back above the parking garage. It appears to be...
Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Wyndham Sea Gardens is a nice place to go to if the only thing you have in mind is relaxing next to the pool or at the beach. There are four pools at the resort and the majority of the resort is directly across the street from the ocean. The beach and all pools are easily accessible from all units.

Good things: spacious units with full kitchens and a wahser and dryer in the tower at the back of the resort, beautiful gardens with tons of palm trees and tropical plants to enjoy on your short walk to the beach, a tiki bar with great drinks every day, friendly people, plenty of parking in the garage, quick response time from maintenance, and a huge shower in the master bathroom

Negative things: 45 minute wait when checking in, the unit could have been cleaner, not many restaurants or bars within walking distance, and a fitness room which is lacking on many levels

Room Tip: If you don't mind being a short walk from the beach, ask for a two bedroom in the Ocean Palms bu...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Wyndham Sea Gardens? Share your experiences!