“Great Place to Relax!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Sea Gardens

Save Saved
You added Wyndham Sea Gardens to your Saves list
Wyndham Sea Gardens
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   615 North Ocean Blvd, Pompano Beach, FL 33062 (Formerly Fairfield Sea Gardens Beach and Tennis Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #13 of 35 hotels in Pompano Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Kansas
“Great Place to Relax!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Wyndham Sea Gardens is a nice place to go to if the only thing you have in mind is relaxing next to the pool or at the beach. There are four pools at the resort and the majority of the resort is directly across the street from the ocean. The beach and all pools are easily accessible from all units.

Good things: spacious units with full kitchens and a wahser and dryer in the tower at the back of the resort, beautiful gardens with tons of palm trees and tropical plants to enjoy on your short walk to the beach, a tiki bar with great drinks every day, friendly people, plenty of parking in the garage, quick response time from maintenance, and a huge shower in the master bathroom

Negative things: 45 minute wait when checking in, the unit could have been cleaner, not many restaurants or bars within walking distance, and a fitness room which is lacking on many levels

Room Tip: If you don't mind being a short walk from the beach, ask for a two bedroom in the Ocean Palms bu...

350 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We vacationed at the Wyndham Sea Gardens Resort in June. I'll give you the lowdown. I have to admit that when we first arrived I wasn't impressed with the "front desk" area. Very clean, very helpful staff, but it almost appeared to be the front desk of a motel. Please don't let that scare you off.

We were told we had a very nice room in the Palm Building (I'm not exactly sure of the building name, but the word Palm was in it.) We were told where to park and about the amenities of the resort.

On the map they gave us, it appeared as though our building was far from the beach. This was a concern as we are use to being steps away from the beach. The clerk assured us we were not far.

When we entered the 2-bedroom deluxe room (562) we were pleasantly surprised. It was very clean, well appointed and contemporary (some of the reviews we read scared me prior to our arrival because they said their rooms were outdated). The floors in the main living area were tiled which was nice because of the sand that gets deposited on the floor after a day at the beach. There was a large round dining table in the center of the opened floor plan, a kitchen with plenty of dishes, pots and pans, silverware, blender, toaster, microwave, dishwasher, etc. They also left a basket with coffee filters, coffee, pot holders, dish towels, etc. The only complaint I had, which really wasn't a big deal since we didn't do a lot of cooking while we were there, was that not all of the burners on the stove worked. I'm sure they've fixed this by now. The master suite was lovely, and most importantly, the bed was very comfortable. The linens on the bed were also very, very nice. The same with the other bedroom. The master had a King bed, the second bedroom had 2 doubles. In the master there was an in-room whirlpool bath, double sinks, and a separate room with the shower and toilet. There was a Jack and Jill bathroom for the 2nd bedroom. If I had any complaint it would be that I wish there was 1 more chair or loveseat in the living room. We brought the chair from the master into the living room to accommodate everyone. There was also a sleeper sofa in the living room. The balcony overlooked the pool and did have an ocean view.

In the morning we headed down to the beach. We usually vacation in Ocean City, Maryland so we are in the habit of heading down early to get a decent spot on the beach. This isn't the case here. The hotel clerk was right. Although the building appears to be far from the beach it really is an easy walk and not far at all. It's a pleasant walk also. You'll walk through beautifully landscaped pathways, 2 pools, and a Tiki Bar. There is a main road to cross, but the minimal traffic stopped everytime a pedestrian was waiting to cross. Once at the beach we were pleasantly surprised at the width of the beach and the small amount of people. We rented chairs and an umbrella. The beach rental fellows are super sweet. They were a little slow getting things out in the morning, but when they saw us, they quickly got our things together. There are bathrooms near the beach that require you to use your room key. Very clean restrooms.

There is plenty of parking so that is something you don't need to worry about. I like to run early (@ 6:00), and the area was ideal for that. I felt very safe and not threatened or worried at all. My son and husband utilized the clay tennis courts every day as well. The pools were very clean and not at all over crowded. Again, we were so use to having to fight for chairs that this was a pleasant surprise.

They supply each unit with beach towels, bath towels, and will bring you as many as you want upon request.

Don't expect to find a beach shop on every corner, or nightclubs near the resort. There aren't any. About 1 mile down the road is an Irish Pub, Homemade Ice Cream shop and a few other things. Walgreens is also near those shops. There are a few Publix a short car drive away.

Food. We ate out every night. We didn't want any franchise restaurants and decided to use the internet to find our nightly eateries. We loved Mac's which is a sports bar, The Fish Shack which has the freshest fish in town. It is in a shady part of town, but is worth going to. It's owned by a husband and wife who are very nice. It is very clean and pretty inexpensive. We also went to an Italian restaurant that had REALLY good pizza it was called Zucarelli's. They had a whole menu which included many pasta dishes. We also went to a Mexican Restaurant which was also in a shady looking spot, but was very good. It was called something Ciento (sorry, I'm not so good with names)

We would definitely return to this area again. It's been so long since we were able to really relax on vacation. BTW they also have a sister property called The Royal Vista which we visited. This one is on the ocean and is very well appointed as well. I don't know how they compare cost-wise however.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

this can be an excellent place to stay for beaching it in Florida. My dtr and I spent a few hours looking for a spot post Disney World that would allow us beach time and day trip/touring to lower FLorida that we were hoping for with 2 bedroom suites. We too talked to staff before using the Tripadvisor online reservation searches. The online did not describe Which Rooms and amenities we got, just that there was One space left for the time we wanted. An email to the hotel went unanswered so we crossed our fingers and went. We got in too late to do any room switches (it was10pm) but the night manager left a message and we were able to resolve the problem to some degree in the morning. It did mean the loss of a relaxing "sleep in/recuperate" as we had to be out of our room by 10 or so in order to match their checkout/cleaning schedule (and they charge $35 per half hour for late checkout usually) and a grumpy dad/teens who had hoped to check in and crash/unpack leisurely.
We were given a Cabana room right next to the big pool, which for Party People might have been OK, but there was only one shower, a Jacuzzi at the foot of the bed in the larger bedroom(no toilet/sink, the second toilet was by itself near the entry) and the room air conditioners were ancient and ran all night. It was an awkward setup. Luckily the next morning the day manager was able to get us a suite in Key West, which was a handicap access suite, meaning more room to turn around generally and a HUGE shower/toilet room that could be closed off from the Jacuzzi/bedroom AND it had the small washer/dryer setup AND the second bedroom had its own bathroom/shower. And there was no upcharge.
the DOWNSIDE was that it smelled strongly of smoke and we bought scented candles to try and beat that. At that point though, given I was told it was the only available unit with 2 showers and washer/dryer for the dates we put up with it (your nose does forget after a bit, but I had to air out my suitcase and rewash the clothes when we got home after 5 nights there). Other than that, no surprises. We already knew that groceries/restaurants were more driving distance than not, given the heat/humidity, and had we been able to stay longer and rest more between day trips we probably would have taken advantage of the social calendar and pools.
We also missed some tourist info and discounts because the COncierge's role appeared to be more Club Sales/Timeshare salesperson and less of the Help with Local Activities and we weren't willing to schedule ANOTHER 'free lunch' seminar. (Been there, done that, its always longer than they say)

Room Tip: I hope talking to staff before you get there would help, not sure given some of the reviews, as part...
York, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful, the room was clean, interior was updated, exterior was not. We were promised by the sales person on the reservation line a room on the beach with an ocean view, we got neither. Maybe if we had gotten a better deal, been able to book it with points or had lower expectations, we wouldn't have been so disappointed. The resort didn't match the pictures on the website AT ALL and for the price we payed, we were very disappointed.

Room Tip: There are no 2 bedroom units on the beach, they are all across the street. If you want an ocean view...
Marshall, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

My family and I stayed at Wyndham Sea Gardens for one week in June 2013.

ROOM

My family and I stayed in a two-bedroom (Room 356 in Key West building) for the week with a balcony. The unit was quite large, and we had a balcony that stretched from the living room to the master bedroom continuously that overlooked the pool by the building. As for the unit, we had everything we needed. The beds were large and comfortable. The TV's had a lot of channel options, with programming for children. There were both a jacuzzi and a shower in the master bedroom, and there was another bathroom with a shower beside the second bedroom. The kitchen was well-stocked with everything we needed to cook, though we didn’t do that often. The unit was also very clean and updated. We were very pleased with the accommodations.

STAFF

As our family did not take advantage of many of the amenities of the resort, we did not have frequent interaction with the staff; however, the interaction we did have were generally positive. The first night we were here, we realized we didn’t have a trashcan. My wife called over to the front desk, and they said they’d fix it. My wife called three more times, and she received the trash can the next morning. Later in the week, the battery in one of the smoke detectors began chirping. Within ten minutes of calling the help desk, a maintenance man was in the unit replacing several batteries. He was pleasant and helpful. I was struck by the cheerfulness of the helpstaff. When I crossed paths with the helpstaff, they always greeted me and asked how I was. Overall, we were satisfied with staff experiences.

AMENITIES OF THE RESORT

Beyond our room, the resort provided ample amenities. The resort has two buildings across A1A that are right on the ocean. This provides direct beach access to all occupants of the resort. From our room in the Key West building, we could walk (two young children, my wife, and I) through the resort and to the beach in under five minutes. The resort grounds included at least four pools. An action sports provider was located on the beach in front of the resort for those interesting in jet skis, kayaks, etc.. There was also a tiki bar by the central pool.
Additionally, a sandwich shop and a spa are located on the resort grounds. We did not use either service, so I don’t know how they were. Wireless internet was also available in the unit, which was a big plus for me to get a little work done while on vacation. The internet connection was slow, but it was consistent. All in all, the resort had everything we needed.
The only downside I sensed regarding my stay at the Sea Gardens resort was the lack of a kiddie pool for younger children. All the pools on the premises were pretty standard in water depths and features. For us, my wife and I took our children to Wyndham Palm Aire several evenings to swim in their pool, as it has kid-friendly features, and we sometimes swam with our children in the more conventional pool by our unit. However, it would have been nice to have some form of kiddie pool on the Sea Gardens ground. With so many pools, this seemed like it should be present.

POMPANO BEACH

There is plenty to do in the area, but the main attractions are the beach and its associated activities. We found ample activities in Pompano Beach and Fort Lauderdale for our family, and we traveled to Miami twice for activities with relatives.

SUMMARY

All in all, we found Wyndham Sea Gardens to be a wonderful place for fun in the sun. Our unit was excellent, and we were right by the beach. When we chose to leave the beach and/or the pools, there was ample activities available in the area. I don’t know how often we’ll come back to south Florida (there were a lot of beaches closer than the 18 hours we drove to here), but we would love to stay at Sea Gardens again if we were coming back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
PORT OF SPAIN.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We arrived at the hotel on May 24th,2013 and were pleasantly surprised at the location just across from the beach.We had a two bedroom,two bathroom unit with a full size kitchen and very large living and dining area. My sister and her family came in from New York and had the unit next to our own and my brother came in from Texas and joined in on the family vacation.The staff at this hotel was always very polite and helpful.The only thing lacking was a restaurant on the premises which meant we had to go out to eat at the restaurants which ended up being very costly.We also took a couple of days from the trip to drive down to Key West which was an unforgettable experience.We checked out on June 01,2013 and have very pleasant memories of this family vacation.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I have to say it was very clean. The staff was so nice. I arrived by 12 p.m. and my room was ready. I had a studio, which was very nice, but it wasn't on the beach side. So I requested an upgrade. It wasn't available that day, it was available the next day. That morning I switched my room to a studio deluxe. It was beautiful. I had the view of the pool and the beach. It was very clean. If you need towels, just call and they're there, no questions asked. The only thing I didn't like was those timeshares. They will call you in your room everyday. We just kept saying we were busy. There's no stores or restaurants nearby. It's all on A1A or 14th Street. I will definitely go back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Wyndham Sea Gardens? Share your experiences!