“Very Nice!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Sea Gardens

Save Saved
You added Wyndham Sea Gardens to your Saves list
Wyndham Sea Gardens
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   615 North Ocean Blvd, Pompano Beach, FL 33062 (Formerly Fairfield Sea Gardens Beach and Tennis Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #13 of 35 hotels in Pompano Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Barrie, Canada
“Very Nice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

After switching out of our first room which was just not right, we were transferred to room 244 which was newly renovated and overlooking the main heated pool. This comfortable time-share resort suite was a one bedroom with doors to close from the living room area, a deep jacuzzi tub and a flat panel tv, and in-room safe. Our suite had one and a half bathrooms (which is a definite plus!), kitchen with a table for eating meals, a sitting room with a pull out couch and full bedding for pull-out with extra pillows. The air conditioning units seemed to be new as well!

Anything that I needed fixed got fixed right away although the front burner on the stove never worked unless I pushed it in for each use (very old stove) and when I requested a tea kettle they quickly brought one to me! The fridge came with an automatic ice machine and seemed brand new as well as the dishes, glass ware, food containers and everything was superb!

The beach is across the street (A1A) which the Sea Gardens has another building for their guests and this location features their salt-water pool! The Sea Gardens has three heated regular pools, one salt-water pool as mentioned and two hot tubs, beautiful lush tropical garden grounds, a Tiki Bar with Barbecue, floor shuffleboard, laundry services, a business centre, store, a game room and more!

We ignored the phone calls and messages regarding the time share pitch meetings and were not bothered in person so it was no big deal.

Because our room was the upper level in the main area off the Breezeway, there was no elevator to bring our luggage up so we had to carry our luggage up and down the stairs, groceries etc. which was not so pleasant. Also, it would be nice if their Queen beds were Kings instead. I would still go back to The Wydham Sea Gardens again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the Renovated side.

350 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

Although I'm a VIP Wyndham owner, I had an RCI week to use up and snagged this exchange. I was not treated nearly as well as when I went there with my Wyndham VIP status. That didn't really surprise me since I've had that happen many places while on an RCI exchange. But I did expect to be able to check in by 4. I arrived about 5:30 and they still didn't have the room ready. I had to get back to the airport to pick up my sister in about an hour, so was rather aggitated. They did give me the keys about 6pm and 3 coupons for a free drink from their outside pool bar (which we gladly used later in the week). Although the late check in was my big problem, I did have to call maintenance as soon as I checked in because the toilette seat in the master bedroom was on the floor and the lock box on the front door was broken. When I got back from picking up my sister, both items were fixed. AFter that, we had no more problems and the rest of our week was very nice.
Our condo was a 2 bedroom 2 bath unit in the Key West building. This building looks like an afterthought as it's not really connected to the rest of the resort. We had stayed in an Ocean Palms unit before and were afraid this older Key West building would be a major disappointment. But I was pleasantly surprised. It was very spacious and clean! Looked like it must have been totally renovated within the last couple of years. I liked that the 2nd bathroom opened from both the 2nd bedroom and the main living area---almost like having 2 on-suites. That actually came in handy since the 2nd bedroom also locked from the outside and you couldn't open the door when in the room. So the only exit was through the bathroom or have someone in the livingroom open the door for you. I didn't know about that problem at first, so we didn't bother having them fix it. The kitchen was small but adequate and somewhat isolated from the livingroom. There was a bar area in the open livingroom/diningroom area which we found rather odd, but the space was large enough that it didn't bother us. There was a small balcony off the back overlooking the pool area. Using the DVD player was a little tricky, but it worked fine once we figured out how to use it. We also enjoyed free wi-fi in our unit, something we didn't have in the Ocean Palms unit a couple years ago.
The pool had a jacuzzi built into a little corner of it, but it wasn't circulating warm water. We did use the pool a couple times, but it was a bit chilly. We were there in Oct/Nov and there were a couple heavy downpours that I'm sure helped to cool the pool off.
The beach by the resort is very nice, although while we were there it was too rough to play in the surf.
The resort grounds were beautifully landscaped and the hot tub by the main buildings was nice and hot. We enjoyed our free drink and free nachos one night while they had kareoki going on. It was nice to see they had an activities director and stuff going on if you just liked hanging around the resort.
Although check in wasn't the best, the rest of our trip was great. I would stay there again. I do like the open layout of the Ocean Palms units better (kitchen/diningroom/livingroom), but was happy to see that the Key WEst rooms were comfortable, too.

Room Tip: Good luck requesting a room!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

My family and I have stayed at the Wyndham Sea Gardens - Ocean Palms 6 times. We do not own a Wyndham timeshare but get our weeks via internet auction sites.

We have some recommendations to potential customers but will register our one "dislike" upfront. This is a timeshare property and upon checkin we are directed to a concierge desk for a parking permit and nominal gift. This visit evolves into a free meal pitch which is designed to sell timeshare units. However, the young lady we have encountered there the last couple times is perceptive enough to not push the envelope too far. So kudos to her for doing her job well.

While we're addressing personnel lets also mention that the staff is courteous and professional. This applies to associates at all levels. But a special "shout out" goes to Evelyn at the front desk - very personable , professional, and very accomodating.

There are 7 buildings on this property that stretch from 2 oceanfront buildings to one (Ocean Palms) that is at the rear of the grounds and across the street from the intracoastal. I believe the Oceanfront buildings to be studios but am not certain. In between are two Cabana buildings which surround the main pool ( and are probably subject to the most ambient noise) and two Waterfalls buildings which overlook beautiful foliage. There is one last structure across the side street and is called the Key West building (this would normally be the quietest area).

Over the past few years we have stayed in four of these buildings and prefer the 10 story Ocean Palms . We rent 2 bedroom units which are spacious, clean, and "modern enough".They have fully equipped kitchens and balconies. Ask for a room on the 5th level or higher to improve your view of the ocean or intracoastal. Free wi-fi was added in the last 2 years.

There are four pools on the property and three hot tubs ( the Key West building hot tub is integral to their swimming pool ). The oceanside pool is very chilly during the cooler seasons but the other three are nicely heated. The property has shuffleboard courts, rental movies, convenience store, tiki hut, lush gardens, and daily planned activities. We always rent a car but you are about 1/3 - 1/2 mile walk from a decent selection of restaurants.

A slew of renovations were completed in 2011 which keeps the Wyndham Sea Gardens in good shape.

We just finished a one week vacation and look forward to our next !!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

We stayed in a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom condo with a fully equipped kitchen,washer/dryer, and full balcony overlooking one of the many pools in this resort. It was perfect for a family of 2 parents, 3 older teens. The units are newly remodeled, the resort offers several pools (some heated), several hot tubs, and access to the beach across a local road. It may not be the most glamorous of resorts, but it was an incredible bargain. When we checked in, our room configuration included 2 queen beds and a pull out sofa. When I asked for a unit with twin beds instead, the staff was very accomodating and willingly found us another unit during a very busy holiday time. It was wonderful and we would gladly return.

Room Tip: The resort offers several buildings. We were in the Key West and it was lovely
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Normal, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

We are Wyndham owners and reserved from online information /recommendations. We are not disappointed. This resort is a tropical paradise that is misleading from the road. We are staying in the Ocean Palms on the top floor overlooking the intracoastal waterway. This is a quiet building - we haven't seen or heard anyone. Our 2bdrm Deluxe is very clean and nicely decorated. It's a quick 5 minute walk to the beach and close enough to other restaurants and attractions, but not in the hub of everything. Would definitely recommend to others and also return again. Loved our stay!

Room Tip: Ocean Palms building is quiet and seems new.
Miami, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

Stayed here using my Wyndham points and they gave me a nice room on the top floor overlooking the intracoastal waterway which was perfect for watching the boat parade which was the purpose of our visit.
The rooms are nicely decorated and appeared to be recently remodeled with contemporary colors and soft finishings. The balcony was a treat to watch the sunsets from. There is a nice pool just at the bottom of the building along with a hot tub. This building is on the grounds of the Sea Gardens resort that sprawls for a whole block from the ocean to the intracoastal. In between there are fountains and lush landscaping to enhance the tropical ambiance. Parking is in a garage accessed by a security code. Covered parking is a plus in the Florida sun. This building has elevators and is 10 stories high.
Annoyingly you have to get a parking pass from the "concierge" desk which is just a farce for the Wyndham timeshare sales division. They will schedule an update appointment. It's really just a high pressure sales pitch. Initially we set the appointment but when they called us the night before to confirm, I decided to cancel since we were only there for 3 days and did not want to spend 4 hours of my vacation time listening to a sales pitch for something that I wasn't going to buy anyway.
Anyway, apparently Ashley the sales rep assigned to me decided that I was being inconsiderate to her and that I should have called her to cancel instead of waiting for her to call to confirm. I received quite the scolding from her about how I was really hurting their business by being so inconsiderate. Whateverrrrrrr.
If they didn't pressure you so much into saying yes just to get your parking pass, which by the way is a lame excuse to hold your pass hostage til you conform to their wishes, then guests would not be put in a position to have to weasel their way out of these stupid sales appointments in the first place.
Other than dealing with the slimy sales department, I can't say enough about how nice the rest of the staff is. The front desk clerks are delightful and very accomodating. The guys working the grounds are friendly and help you with your luggage if you need it and everything is kept in nice working order.
Don't hesitate to stay here, just don't set a sales appointment unless you want to be made to feel like a weasel.

Room Tip: Higher floors are best for an ocean of intracoastal view.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

This place is wonderful. I lost my wedding ring on my honeymoon and I am positive they did everything in their power to help me get it back. The staff is superb especially Sunny and "K". I loved my experience and was surprised that they offered Bath and Body works lotions, soaps, shampoos and conditioners! Everyone was different and welcoming. GO THERE!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Wyndham Sea Gardens? Share your experiences!