“An every weekend breakfast spot for our family!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cypress Nook Bavaria Haus Restaurant

Cypress Nook Bavaria Haus Restaurant
201 E Mcnab Rd, 201 SE 15th Street, Pompano Beach, FL 33060-9317 (Formerly Cypress Nook Restaurant)
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 303 Restaurants in Pompano Beach
Cuisines: American, German
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Bavaria Haus is a local hidden treasure full service German-American restaurant. Since 1958, this free standing restaurant resembles an old style house and cottage. Hugh oak tree canopy covers outside dinning patio. Self parking in our lot.
Pompano Beach, Florida
“An every weekend breakfast spot for our family!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

This best kept gem of a German restaurant has authentic German-American breakfast, lunch and dinner. My family has been coming for 25+ years and we have never had anything less than a fantastic meal. The service is top notch with smiley faces and the hard working owners are always friendly & accommodating. Weekends may have a line….but the dining experience is definitely worth the few minute wait!! We love Cypress Nook :-)

• Visited March 2014

Dallas, Texas
“Breakfast by day, Traditional German Food by Night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

We used to be locals, and The Nook was a regular on our dining out list for both weekend breakfast with the whole family and German fare at night for a family dinner or date night. Now, every trip back to Fort Lauderdale we have at least one meal here.
Beware: this place is VERY SMALL and a wait is almost guaranteed unless you are dining at non- peak hours. There is a nice little patio where you can sit and wait though, weather permitting.
When our kids were little they loved and still do, the banana pancakes. They slice the banana, put it on the griddle and pour the batter on top. For the grown-up appetite, all the sausages are great, or stick with a more traditional breakfast omelette and come back for sausages at dinner time.
For dinner, the specials are always a smart choice. Last time we were there they had a pork shoulder that melted in your mouth! A family favorite is Sauerbraten. An absolute must order is the giant Bavarian pretzel, with bier cheese dip!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Ok breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

We went on a Sunday morning around 10 for breakfast. It seems to be a popular place with locals. The restaurant is very small so seating is limited. We had to wait an hour before a table was available. We were seated at a small table for 2 in the middle of the restaurant by the kitchen door. The waitresses were constantly going passed our table on both sides. The service was good and they kept our coffee cups full. We had the eggs and pork chop special. Nothing exceptional. Should have went for lunch or dinner.

Highlands Ranch, Colorado
“unforgettable experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

We stopped by the Nook on our last day of a 4 day S.Florida mini vacation. Just a few hours to spare before check-in time we decided to enjoy our "last supper" here at the local specialty. what a way to top of the great adventures! The place has a warm, welcoming atmosphere. We were seated immediately by a friendly, smiling staff and was served with a giant German pretzel. This original, fresh and delicious big "cookie" was already a hit. Then we ordered Wiener Schnitzel with red cabbage. Really delicious! As my hubby puts it: "I've never had such a nice, authentic German cuisine in the US before and it was such a nice change from all the tasteless and repetitive "chain" places we usually go to."
The place filled up quickly being a Wednesday night but the service towards us stayed very attentive and welcoming throughout. We will definitely go back again and would highly recommend it to everyone!

• Visited January 2014
Denver, Colorado
“Delicious Schweinehaxe!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

I'm Hungarian so every time we travel to a volleyball tournament I like to check out the local European restaurant. While in Ft. Lauderdale, I went on tripadvisor and found the Nook as the locals call it. OMG, it was incredible! I'm 4'10, 100lbs on my heaviest day, but I ate a 2lbs. schweinehaxe as if it was my last meal. It was so finger licking good that I just could not stop eating. I had it with home-made spaetzle and red cabbage which tasted exactly how my "nagyi" makes it. The next time I'm in town I'm definitely going back and trying the rest of the dishes on the menu.

• Visited February 2014