“Very good place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cypress Nook Bavaria Haus Restaurant

Cypress Nook Bavaria Haus Restaurant
201 E McNab Rd, 201 SE 15th Street, Pompano Beach, FL 33060-9317 (Formerly Cypress Nook Restaurant)
+1 954-933-7311
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 304 Restaurants in Pompano Beach
Cuisines: American, German
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Bavaria Haus is a local hidden treasure full service German-American restaurant. Since 1958, this free standing restaurant resembles an old style house and cottage. Hugh oak tree canopy covers outside dinning patio. Self parking in our lot.
Florida
“Very good place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I went there to try german breakfast and I was really impressed. The food is really good, the servers are very nice and they work really fast.
If you don't mind eating really close to other people, then you'll be able to enjoy really authentic german food. Make sure you take CASH, otherwise you'll have to walk to an ATM one block from there.

Stuart, Florida
“Outstanding !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

One of the best meals out in a long time! Authentic German fare that took me back to Bavaria. Friendly staff and cozy place. Many locals were eating here. Don't miss this one.

Coconut Creek, Florida
“Big Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

This little house is a big surprise. If you blink, you will miss it. My husband and I recently visited this cozy little restaurant. My husband loves German food and could not wait to go.
The service is very good. The young couple that own the restaurant are very sweet and engaging. My husband and I had the chicken schnitzel which was good and he loved the cucumber salad. I am not a fan of German food so I really cannot critic it although my husband loved everything that we ordered. As a matter of fact, he liked it so much we will be returning again soon.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pompano Beach, Florida, USA
“Good food homemade”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We enjoy the cypress book for breakfast. We went for dinner and it was very good. Homemade food, nice staff. For Sunday breakfast get there early it gets busy.
Small restaurant but quick service.

Milan, Italy
“Resting on Laurels”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

My husband and I went there after it was highly recommended by our new landlord. My being German, Hubby having lived in Germany with me for over 10 yrs, I think we know a thing or two about German food. Well. This was quite old. I ordered the red cabbage with mashed potatoes and Wienerschnitzel. My husband had the Bratwurst with homefries and salad. To say the least we were underwhelmed. The cabbage was thoroughly overcooked, and to my disappointment made with grease instead of apples. The mashed potatoes: meh. The schnitzel a little tough. The brats: meh.
We will not go back. Not good enough. I believe Oma is not putting forth her best efforts any more.

• Visited September 2013