“Best Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cypress Nook Bavaria Haus Restaurant

Cypress Nook Bavaria Haus Restaurant
201 E McNab Rd, 201 SE 15th Street, Pompano Beach, FL 33060-9317 (Formerly Cypress Nook Restaurant)
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 308 Restaurants in Pompano Beach
Cuisines: American, German
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Bavaria Haus is a local hidden treasure full service German-American restaurant. Since 1958, this free standing restaurant resembles an old style house and cottage. Hugh oak tree canopy covers outside dinning patio. Self parking in our lot.
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Best Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My wife and I tired of seafood, so we thought we would try the Cypress Nook. It is a small place with about 10/12 tables. We arrived about 7:45 and the place was packed. We only had to wait a few minutes and a table became available. My wife had the sauerbraten with red cabbage and German potato salad and I had the same except I had spinach and noodles for sides. They served so much food we cold not eat it all. The service was very good and the prices were very reasonable. I would highly recommend this restaurant .

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Cozy environment, delicious food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I'm going to give you the entire story, because other reviewers are providing a disservice by not writing the good, bad and ugly. My husband and I went for dinner 8/24. There was a huge line but we were informed right off the bat ALONG WITH EVERYONE else that this is a family owned and run restaurant and the chef had an emergency and is out of town. Everyone had the option to leave, and yet most everyone decided to stay because as I saw in their hands they wanted to use their coupon. Some customers waiting started to really get angry and voice their opinion, but my take is that if you are so unhappy that you can't wait then leave or get a refund for your coupons, but don't stay and then complain and ruin everyone else's night with your nagging...Once we got in the place it looked exactly as depicted minus the table cloths, which seeing the pictures posted here obviously shows some kind of group event rather than a nightly service as the tables in the picture are put together. Anyway, the tables were nice, with beautiful little flowers painted on them, and we did get cloth napkins.=0)One of the owners was our server and you could tell on her face she was overwhelmed with running the restaurant by herself, but she tried her best to make everyone happy. She had 3 young helpers getting her drinks. It was a bit chaotic, but AGAIN THE GUESTS WERE WARNED OF THE SITUATION...The food took some time, but when we did receive it was delicious. My husband had a pan fried schnitzel with a jaeger sauce that was just divine and apparently made to order.=0) He had home made spaetzle and red cabbage as his sides, both of which were to die for. The portions were huge and I wish I have taken a picture, but I was starving. Let's just say that you get enough food for 2 meals... I had the sauerbraten with cucumber salad and sauteed fresh spinach, which reminded me of my childhood. It brought back fond memories visiting my grandmother in Germany and having her equally delicious sauerbraten...For dessert we order and apple strudel hot out of the oven with vanilla ice cream. One word, "HEAVENLY"! And we got a great discount buying a coupon online...Recommendations,1)Call ahead and see how long the wait is 2)Go on a weekday, because I'm sure there wont be a wait or at least not as long...Lastly, this family owned this little "Nook" for 34 years, so believe me you are going to get good food.

Delray Beach, Florida
“Very Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Nice little spot in pompano Irish/German food, its pretty good food and a cozy atmosphere, bring cash tough because they don't take credit cards

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Leonia, New Jersey
“Do not miss”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

We read the reviews and wanted to get a great breakfast at a good price. Well we were not disappointed at all. It is a real local joint - so the atmosphere was not great but it was interesting. The food is great and we had no problem with the service. The prices are very reasonable and you get a great deal of food. I would definitely go back.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Inept service=blah breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I decided to branch out from my usual go-to breakfast spots and try Cypress Nook. Overall, I wasn't particularly impressed, one way or the other.

PROS
-Tasty food, reasonably priced
-Clean setting

CONS
-Terrible service - I had to listen to the waitress shooting the breeze with the table right next to me for several minutes before she even offered me a menu or coffee.
-A lady whom I assumed was the owner walked through the dining room to see if everyone was satisfied. Nice gesture but really she only smiled and nodded (no "how is everything") then went right back to the kitchen.
-The second I put my fork down, another waitress ran over and abruptly snatched my plate, cutlery, etc. and scurried off without making eye contact or bothering to ask if I was finished.
-Restaurant is in an odd location with little natural light and uninspiring view.
-I suspect that locals/regulars are what keeps this place going. If you are a first time guest expecting warm attentive service you will be disappointed.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food