“A little disappointed....” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Sylvania, Ohio
“A little disappointed....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

We search Trip Advisor for restaurants when on vacation. In general we have about 80% success rate with recommendations by other Trip Advisor contributors. We tend to be foodies and like our food fresh and local. I read reviews on Cielito Lindo and anticipated a great local find. Our chips and salsa were average. Our margarita was below average. I made the mistake of not sticking with chicken or beef dishes which is what I tend to like at Mexican restaurants. I thought I would try a seafood enchilada - I ate about 2 or 3 bites. It was marginal at best - mushy overcooked crab meat buried inside an enchilada. My significant other ordered a chicken enchilada and we ended up splitting it. The chicken enchilada was just okay - nothing great. We thought our meal was a little pricey for the quality. I must say we were a little disappointed.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Branford, CT
“Excellent Mexican Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

My wife and I are always looking foor good Mexican food when we travel and we were not disappointed. The portions were good sized, and the drinks (pitcher of Margarita) were tasty as well. The place is small, but not cramped. The warm chips with 2 different types of salsa are great. We did have a little bit of a hard time finding it, but not really a big deal. Local law enforcement were in there as well having dinner (so it must be good). Can't go wrong wit this place

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Consistently Delicious for years!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I've been eating here for years and the food has remained delicious and the prices kept very reasonable. I got a friend of mine hooked on here. I've tried numerous menu options and loved them all. I love good salsa, and here has the best out of any Mexican Spanish restaurant I've been to in the United States. The staff here is always warm and welcoming, and the food is to die for. From a seafood burrito to the entire menu there are traditional and unique menu items to please anyone.
They have great lunch and evening happy hour specials. I recommend here for any Mexican food craving!!!

Pompano Beach, Florida
“Good Mexican and Spanish food at a good price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

This is a regular stop for us. Usually about once a week we stop by for lunch of dinner. Probably about 20 tables, which can fill up at times. We like to go for lunch or early dinners, to catch the lunch and early bird specials. The first thing that greets your table is a basket of chips and both mild and hot salsas. I enjoy the chips because they are not salted, unlike many restaurants that salt or over salt their chips. If you are a Margarita drinker, certain days of the week you can enjoy different specials.
The lunch and early bird specials include chips, soup, entree, beans and rice and on some meals, plantains. The lunch specials start around $7 and dinner early birds start bit higher, I think about $11. I have tried the Roast Chicken, the Picadillo, the Ropa Vieja, the Fajitas and many of the Burritos. I can say I have enjoyed them all.
There are many other items on the menu, so don't think you are stuck with the specials.
In summary, if you are looking for good food, fair prices and you are not too hung up on the atmosphere, join the locals and give it a try.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pompano Beach, Florida
“Great Food and Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

My husband and I have been going to Cielito Lindo for more than 20 years. It had been a while since the last time we'd been (they closed the location closest to our home several years ago), but we decided to go tonight. We were not disappointed. The food is still fresh and delicious. They make the best black bean soup I've ever eaten. I order a bowl of soup and a side of white rice as a dinner. It is delicious and filling. My husband had a Lindo Burrito and it was amazing as well. Definitely save room for dessert, as their fried ice cream is the best too.

• Visited July 2013