“Nice Surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Darrel & Oliver's Cafe Maxx is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 333 Restaurants in Pompano Beach
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Philadelphia
“Nice Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

My husband and I joined another couple for dinner here recently and had a great meal. We had not been there for years. The atmosphere is relaxed and comfortabl,e but the food is at a gourmet level. Our starters and entrees were all delicious. It is a great sign when you don't think you could ever replicate the dish yourself. They also allowed us to linger at the table and talk instead of trying to push us out. The service was just right. I will definitely go back and would recommend it.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank PhillyWanderer

Deerfield Beach, Florida
“Best little find in Pompano”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Amazing Chef. Love the small cafe feeling. For food and service of this standard, it's a great find. I have been dining here since 1992 and have never been disappointed. I read reviews often and have to defend the staff and the owners. If I feel ill after a meal, it's usually from drinking.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Jeff F
Pompano Beach, Florida, United States
“Fantastic Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have eaten at Cafe Maxx numerous times. I have never had a meal that was not excellent. It's a bit cramped inside, and a little noisy. If you're looking for something intimate, I wouldn't suggest it. If you're looking for a great meal, you can do no better.

Visited June 2013
New Hampshire
“Great for a Special Occasion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We ended up at Cafe Maxx because every other restaurant in the area had a long wait. I found Cafe Maxx using my iPhone. The reviews were good and they could seat a party of 5. We were celebrating my birthday, and wanted a nicer place. The menu is very unique, but also very pricey. The service was attentive, but the manager that night seemed more interested in having drinks at the bar. He never came around and did not even acknowledge us when we left. The food was excellent - fresh and well-prepared. No one in our party was disappointed. The waitress and kitchen were a little unsure about how to handle a dairy allergy. They were not sure what ingredients were "dairy," but once I explained it, things were fine. For the record, eggs are not dairy. Milk, cream, butter, cheese are dairy. Overall, it was a very nice evening. I would go back again.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank nhcarol
Chicago
“A suprising and delicious menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We went to Cafe Maxx, as a party of 8, based upon a recommendation from someone who lives in the area. The restaurant was located in a strip mall and we almost drove past the site, not expecting this location. The menu was fresh, creative and all in our party had selected something different for the entree. All had remarked that their selections were delicious. The only downside was in the "speciality beer menu." In our party we had people from Massachusetts, Illinois, Indiana, Washington state and Pennsylvania. We decided to try some of the various brews from the different geographic locations. We had tried to order 4 or 5 different listed beers, only to have the waitress come back to the table and say "we're out of that brand". At one point, a member of our party had asked for a second round, only to hear the "that was the last bottle" and would you like to try something else. So, I would only recommend some sort of inventory control or a re-vamping of the beer menu.

• Visited May 2013