“Amazing hotel - incredible staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1200 North Ocean Boulevard, Pompano Beach, FL 33062   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$50 Nightly Credit
Ranked #6 of 35 Hotels in Pompano Beach
Newport News, Virginia
“Amazing hotel - incredible staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We stayed at this hotel from 7/9-7/14/2014. The Large King Room on the top floor had a wrap around balcony oceanfront. The bed was amazing, the room impeccable, the view breathtaking. More importantly, our experience with the staff was like no other ever experienced. Everyone we interacted with at the hotel was friendly, kind and willing to go out of their way to provide exceptional service. We were "that" couple that everyone hates, but the staff loved having us and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel. Marriott really got it right with this place.

Room Tip: You MUST get that top floor large king bed room. Amazing!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Emar R, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear elizabeth,

Thank you for your 5 stars rating! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our location and your stay was phenomenal! Thank you so much for your praises regarding our staff, they all work very hard and it is nice to see them recognized. We look forward to welcome you back on your next visit. If I can ever be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Warm regards,
Emar and the team!
emar.rodriguez@marriott.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Bethany Beach, Delaware
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

unfortunate
3) requested King bed- no one mentioned it wasn't available.
Although everyone at the front desk was very nice- every time .

4) spa attendant was very nice.
nothing no suitable appointments available at the Spa. ( went to another hotel for couples massage- we should've stayed at the other hotel )

Ok, we adjust to all those disappoints & head to the pool/beach -
5)no pool towels or towel attendant
we're told by a weary waitress " towels will be available in 20 minutes "( we had our own in our car which was whisked away by valet upon arrival )
6) gate re-entry from beach back on to property- our " key" ( nor anyone else's worked to reopen gate)
We get back in gated area & ask again for towels , yep, same weary waitress from the restaurant begrudging repeats the phrase "available in 20 minutes " as I tell her we've already been through that- she proclaims " that's what the manager told us to say, when the towel company brings the towels you will see them."
Not fair to the waitstaff - clearly they are asked continuously . - (order extra towels - problem solved)
We attempt to return to our room. Our
" key " does not reopen our door.

So we head to the front desk with no ID (& still wet from having no towels)
Sara at the front desk was very kind and helpful . Promptly addressed the key problem Wanted to know if we'd like our picture taken .... Uh, no thanks. Sara cheerily
Asked about our stay- well, we told her. She apologized.
A short time later, room service delivered a complimentary small cheese tray with a note from Sara- a very nice attempt to repair the situation. The cheese tray was dismal , sorry .
(Although what we really wanted was to
park our own car
Go to our ocean FRONT room with a key that worked & have towels- we did get cheese) thanks Sara!
Next... Keep reading
Did I mention the 4th floor smelled like sewage( no other floors)

Rainy, crappy weather on the way we decide to run down to beach ( quick dip with our OWN beach towels- ) lovely, shower & order room service as the storm rolls in.
I put on the Signature Marriott robe ( I of 2 in our closet) snuggle in to enjoy our room service delivery- I noticed something in the pocket of my robe - it is a previous guest's dirty, soiled tissue ! Gross !
Ok,
No more food, drop the robe & re shower !

Ok, upon checkout the following morning I speak with the Housekeeping Manager about this dreadful discovery . He did apologize and ask for the room # and said he was sorry but went on to say he "didn't have a business card with his email address on it but would get me one so I could email him regarding the incident. "
Well,
The housekeeping manager must have mistaken me for his staff. I am not typing up an incident report Sir, thank you though, I'm the guest, the one on vacation!
Dreadful.
Nothing like any other Marriott we have stayed in.

Stayed July 2014
TaylorHall, Director of Food and Beverage at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Good Morning JTRocks,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Pompano Beach Marriott Resort and Spa. We especially welcome comments, to therefore improve our product and service.

As the Director of Food and Beverage, please allow me to personally apologize for the service inconveniences you experienced during your stay; I can assure you that this is not our standard at Pompano Beach.

I am sorry your experience was not to your expectations. I know you have a choice to stay at any hotel and can move your loyalty due to your experiences. I want to assure you I will make the corrective steps to your experience so all our guests have the great Marriott Resort experience they are looking for.

I hope you allow us another opportunity to make a great vacation memory for you and your family. Please contact me directly when booking again for our property and I would like to personally select a great room and upgrade if available.

Best,
Taylor Hall
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Have you ever driven to a city with no idea where to stay and just took your chances? It was refreshing to find this gem of a hotel. We opted to stay just a few minutes out of the hustle and bustle of the Ft. Lauderdale beach area. It was a just a quick drive to the main strip. But if you are looking for a little R&R without having to drive, this hotel is right on the beach and has all you need for a little extra indulgence...restaurant, spa, valet, swimming pool, bar.... Plus, all of the the hotel staff we encountered were extremely friendly and helpful and made our stay a nice Home away from Home. The rooms were clean, modern, and most of all comfortable! The hotel is decorated in soothing sand and aqua colors that mimic the ocean. Fresh fruit infused water is waiting upon your arrival in the lobby. We will definitely be back! 5 stars!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
WOW Thank you! What a great review, I cannot tell you how happy we are for receiving your recognition. We will definitely want you to be back soon! Please reach out to me directly on your next trip.

Emar.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Great beach location, nice updated interior and friendly staff. Food was so-so but the breakfast that is included with the AAA rate was adequate and a nice selection of items. Pools were okay but the beach was perfect so no need for the pool! Nice new interior and rooms were very nice. Overall we
Would stay here again. Close enough to Fort Lauderdsle that you have access to great restaurants but far enough away that you don't have to stay on the beach stretch where you need to cross that busy road.

Stayed April 2014
Dear Katie,

Thank you for your loyalty with TripAdvisor and for sharing your experience of your recent stay with us. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

All the best,
Emar and the team.
Margate, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I decided to book into this Marriott as it is pretty close to me although in a completely different area
we were celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary and my wife had surgery recently for breast cancer and I did not want to travel far so this location was perfect
I arrived there early I expected to told my room would not be ready instead I was told it was ready and we were shown to our room ,you can imagine my surprise when they took us up to the 4the floor to executive room with a beautiful view of the lighthouse and the beach the room was it was awesome and the staff were very helpful I cant thank them enough

Room Tip: there is not many places to see right there be prepared to drive into Fort Lauderdale or better stil...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback! We are glad to hear that your experience was outstanding. We would love to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next tip. Please keep in touch and do no hesitate to reach out to me directly prior your next visit.

Emar Rodriguez.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We arrived July 13 and left the 17th all 4 days were amazing. The front desk was amazing that is what occupies most of the five stars her name was Sarah she checked us in and we felt welcome from the beginning. The hotel is super modern and the rooms too we stayed on the south tower fifth floor. We even arrived late we arrived at 7 and when we got in the room we were amazed that they left a happy birthday cake for my mom that we went for her birthday. We got the breakfeast package so we just went in the morning and ate at a buffet which was superb and their waffles were amazing.the beach was amazing it was warm and never cold we even got burned at one point and we still went in from how good it was. The valet was a little overpriced but they were very nice and we even asked to keep our car in the front and they did it. For dinner we would go out because we liked going out to eat. The pool was amazing as also the music the umbrellas and chair are free at the pool but not the beach we didn't get them because it useless we just went got in the beach and then went to the pool area, overall I had a great time and if your staying at a Marriott orHilton always expect to pay extra for stuff.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Jesus M,

Thank you for your 5 stars rating! I'm delighted to hear such a great feedback! I will personally share your recognition with Sara, she is one of our greatest associates! We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you and your family back into our resort.

Emar and the team!
Bear, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Marriott Pompano for an extened Memorial Day weekend May, 2014. The hotel is Beautiful! It has a real relaxing spa feel. The entire hotel was clean and modern, the staff were very friendly and attentive. The pool and outdoor bar were alluring and not crowded. The beach access was right off the pool, the cabana, chair and umbrella rentals were pricey, however these were not through the Marriott this was an outside contractor. We stayed in an ocean front suite on the top floor of the North tower with a magnificent view. If you're looking for a relaxing quiet getaway, this is your place!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you! It seems that our location and our breathtaking ocean views from our suites were a plus during your visit. We hope to see back on your next holiday. If I can ever be of any assistance do not hesitate and reach out.

Emar.

Been to Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!