“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa

You added Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa
$50 Daily Credit
Ranked #6 of 36 Hotels in Pompano Beach
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Great beach location, nice updated interior and friendly staff. Food was so-so but the breakfast that is included with the AAA rate was adequate and a nice selection of items. Pools were okay but the beach was perfect so no need for the pool! Nice new interior and rooms were very nice. Overall we
Would stay here again. Close enough to Fort Lauderdsle that you have access to great restaurants but far enough away that you don't have to stay on the beach stretch where you need to cross that busy road.

Stayed April 2014
Emar R, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear Katie,

Thank you for your loyalty with TripAdvisor and for sharing your experience of your recent stay with us. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

All the best,
Emar and the team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Margate, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I decided to book into this Marriott as it is pretty close to me although in a completely different area
we were celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary and my wife had surgery recently for breast cancer and I did not want to travel far so this location was perfect
I arrived there early I expected to told my room would not be ready instead I was told it was ready and we were shown to our room ,you can imagine my surprise when they took us up to the 4the floor to executive room with a beautiful view of the lighthouse and the beach the room was it was awesome and the staff were very helpful I cant thank them enough

Room Tip: there is not many places to see right there be prepared to drive into Fort Lauderdale or better stil...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback! We are glad to hear that your experience was outstanding. We would love to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next tip. Please keep in touch and do no hesitate to reach out to me directly prior your next visit.

Best regards,
Emar Rodriguez.
emar.rodriguez@marriott.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We arrived July 13 and left the 17th all 4 days were amazing. The front desk was amazing that is what occupies most of the five stars her name was Sarah she checked us in and we felt welcome from the beginning. The hotel is super modern and the rooms too we stayed on the south tower fifth floor. We even arrived late we arrived at 7 and when we got in the room we were amazed that they left a happy birthday cake for my mom that we went for her birthday. We got the breakfeast package so we just went in the morning and ate at a buffet which was superb and their waffles were amazing.the beach was amazing it was warm and never cold we even got burned at one point and we still went in from how good it was. The valet was a little overpriced but they were very nice and we even asked to keep our car in the front and they did it. For dinner we would go out because we liked going out to eat. The pool was amazing as also the music the umbrellas and chair are free at the pool but not the beach we didn't get them because it useless we just went got in the beach and then went to the pool area, overall I had a great time and if your staying at a Marriott orHilton always expect to pay extra for stuff.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Jesus M,

Thank you for your 5 stars rating! I'm delighted to hear such a great feedback! I will personally share your recognition with Sara, she is one of our greatest associates! We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you and your family back into our resort.

Best regards,
Emar and the team!
Bear, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Marriott Pompano for an extened Memorial Day weekend May, 2014. The hotel is Beautiful! It has a real relaxing spa feel. The entire hotel was clean and modern, the staff were very friendly and attentive. The pool and outdoor bar were alluring and not crowded. The beach access was right off the pool, the cabana, chair and umbrella rentals were pricey, however these were not through the Marriott this was an outside contractor. We stayed in an ocean front suite on the top floor of the North tower with a magnificent view. If you're looking for a relaxing quiet getaway, this is your place!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you! It seems that our location and our breathtaking ocean views from our suites were a plus during your visit. We hope to see back on your next holiday. If I can ever be of any assistance do not hesitate and reach out.

Emar.
hialeah, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I'm a gold Elite Marriott rewards member due to my job which requires me to travel 75% of the time. So i have stayed in a few Marriots through the world. Believe when i say this is the worst Marriott i have stayed at on account of the quality of the service starting from the FrontDesk. Here are the downsides to this hotel:
- Location, not the best beach in South East Florida, the beach is pretty bad. For a better beach consider 20 minutes south to FLL, Hallandale, Sunny Isles, etc
- Front desk service was horrible. I arrived early because i wanted to enjoy my suite....little did i know... Room wasn't ready. I waited 'til check in time which is 4PM (pretty late) most hotels are 3:00PM. Anyhow no Room still until about past 4:30PM. When asked for a late checkout the next day..... jajajaj a joke. She said.. not possible due to the fact that they are to busy, too booked.
- Breakfast/diner: $24.95 per person for breakfast. Drive 2 mile north to Dennys and my entire family of 4 had breakfast for under $24 total including tip. I have 2 small children 5 & 6.

I was reading the previous reviews and i guess i got the Z-crew. There was no sign of any Emar at the front desk. A white caucasian lady with a not too happy demeanor took care of us. Very little regard for my reward status, no free breakfast or free internet like normal gold member perks in other hotels. Maybe is just my bad luck but i did not enjoy my stay there and i will not ever return back to this Hotel.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel. Go to HIlton FLL beach, Diplomat at Hallandale or any other.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Resort073113, Assisant General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

I understand how frustrating a stay can begin when the room isn’t readily available at the time you arrive to a resort as a Gold Elite member with Marriott Rewards. Everything we do is aimed to provide a great experience for all our guests. Unfortunately we were not able to accomplish this for your stay. I am reviewing the process you experienced and will be updating our communication for all our elite members when placed to wait for their room. The Front Desk agent should have informed you we had selected the best ocean front room available, however, we have another room in your suite class available and provide an option for you and your family earlier in the day.

I am also reviewing the process for the linens in the rooms with a sofa bed. It appears this standard was not met and I will be discussing with the Director of Housekeeping to ensure this is completed in every room with the sofa bed.

I am sorry your experience was not to your expectations. I want to assure you I will make the corrective steps to your experience so all our guests have the great Marriott Resort experience they are looking for. I hope you allow me another opportunity to make a great vacation memory for you and your family. Please contact me directly when booking again for our property and I would like to personally select a great room and upgrade if available.

Chris Hunter
Assistant General Manager
chris.hunter@marriott.com
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We were hestitant because of the high price but was totally worth it. We checked in late at night around 11pm and the valet person was very nice and the front desk rep was very pleasant. Our room was clean and we were impressed with how up to date the hotel was. We had not eaten so we went to the bar and were very impressed with the food especailly that late at night! Typically we expect average food at a chain hotel but this was good! We had the fish tacos and sliders. The mahi tacos were so good we had them for lunch the next day. Along with a salad which is one of the top salads we've ever had. The chef makes the dressings and sauces in house. Delicious! It was also a plus that there was a nice pool and the hotel is right on the beach. We visited the gym, small and not much as far as weights go but it was clean and did the job. Overall it was a wonderful experience. Food and service were great and the hotel so was clean! Worth every penny.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Loved this hotel. Superior customer service. The Cleanliness was out of this world. The front desk manager Emar was amazing. Overall extraordinary vacation. Highly recommend this hotel. ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

• Stayed July 2014

Been to Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!