You added Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #8 of 36 Hotels in Pompano Beach
Bear, Delaware
“Very Nice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Marriott Pompano for an extened Memorial Day weekend May, 2014. The hotel is Beautiful! It has a real relaxing spa feel. The entire hotel was clean and modern, the staff were very friendly and attentive. The pool and outdoor bar were alluring and not crowded. The beach access was right off the pool, the cabana, chair and umbrella rentals were pricey, however these were not through the Marriott this was an outside contractor. We stayed in an ocean front suite on the top floor of the North tower with a magnificent view. If you're looking for a relaxing quiet getaway, this is your place!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Emar R, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Thank you! It seems that our location and our breathtaking ocean views from our suites were a plus during your visit. We hope to see back on your next holiday. If I can ever be of any assistance do not hesitate and reach out.

Emar.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
hialeah, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I'm a gold Elite Marriott rewards member due to my job which requires me to travel 75% of the time. So i have stayed in a few Marriots through the world. Believe when i say this is the worst Marriott i have stayed at on account of the quality of the service starting from the FrontDesk. Here are the downsides to this hotel:
- Location, not the best beach in South East Florida, the beach is pretty bad. For a better beach consider 20 minutes south to FLL, Hallandale, Sunny Isles, etc
- Front desk service was horrible. I arrived early because i wanted to enjoy my suite....little did i know... Room wasn't ready. I waited 'til check in time which is 4PM (pretty late) most hotels are 3:00PM. Anyhow no Room still until about past 4:30PM. When asked for a late checkout the next day..... jajajaj a joke. She said.. not possible due to the fact that they are to busy, too booked.
- Breakfast/diner: $24.95 per person for breakfast. Drive 2 mile north to Dennys and my entire family of 4 had breakfast for under $24 total including tip. I have 2 small children 5 & 6.

I was reading the previous reviews and i guess i got the Z-crew. There was no sign of any Emar at the front desk. A white caucasian lady with a not too happy demeanor took care of us. Very little regard for my reward status, no free breakfast or free internet like normal gold member perks in other hotels. Maybe is just my bad luck but i did not enjoy my stay there and i will not ever return back to this Hotel.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel. Go to HIlton FLL beach, Diplomat at Hallandale or any other.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Resort073113, Assisant General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

I understand how frustrating a stay can begin when the room isn’t readily available at the time you arrive to a resort as a Gold Elite member with Marriott Rewards. Everything we do is aimed to provide a great experience for all our guests. Unfortunately we were not able to accomplish this for your stay. I am reviewing the process you experienced and will be updating our communication for all our elite members when placed to wait for their room. The Front Desk agent should have informed you we had selected the best ocean front room available, however, we have another room in your suite class available and provide an option for you and your family earlier in the day.

I am also reviewing the process for the linens in the rooms with a sofa bed. It appears this standard was not met and I will be discussing with the Director of Housekeeping to ensure this is completed in every room with the sofa bed.

I am sorry your experience was not to your expectations. I want to assure you I will make the corrective steps to your experience so all our guests have the great Marriott Resort experience they are looking for. I hope you allow me another opportunity to make a great vacation memory for you and your family. Please contact me directly when booking again for our property and I would like to personally select a great room and upgrade if available.

Chris Hunter
Assistant General Manager
chris.hunter@marriott.com
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We were hestitant because of the high price but was totally worth it. We checked in late at night around 11pm and the valet person was very nice and the front desk rep was very pleasant. Our room was clean and we were impressed with how up to date the hotel was. We had not eaten so we went to the bar and were very impressed with the food especailly that late at night! Typically we expect average food at a chain hotel but this was good! We had the fish tacos and sliders. The mahi tacos were so good we had them for lunch the next day. Along with a salad which is one of the top salads we've ever had. The chef makes the dressings and sauces in house. Delicious! It was also a plus that there was a nice pool and the hotel is right on the beach. We visited the gym, small and not much as far as weights go but it was clean and did the job. Overall it was a wonderful experience. Food and service were great and the hotel so was clean! Worth every penny.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Loved this hotel. Superior customer service. The Cleanliness was out of this world. The front desk manager Emar was amazing. Overall extraordinary vacation. Highly recommend this hotel. ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

• Stayed July 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We stayed here while visiting our son and enjoyed it completely!
All staff were very pleasant: I had trouble opening the patio door one afternoon and also noticed the air conditioner wasn't working. An engineer came immediately and showed me how to easily open the door and then proceded to fix the air coniditoner right on the spot. Soon it was working just fine. The valet staff seemed to always have our car ready if we called right before coming down from our room. The staff were very professional and did not linger for tips.
We spent most of our time at the pool or snorkeling about 1/2 mile south of the hotel right from the shore. Who knew that you could find good snorkeling right off the beach on the Atlantic side in Florida! We saw many different fish that we haven't seen on our actual "snorkel trips" ... scorpionfish, drum fish, file fish and a cow fish to name a few! We went past the swim bouys so pulled a dive flag along with us so we didn't have to worry about boats (plus I found is the law in Florida).
The beach was nice. However you can't just run into the ocean as you do need to carefully walk around rocks in the water right in front of the hotel when entering the ocean off the beach. That seemed to keep the beach right in front of the hotel less crowded however! The water temperature at the end of June was perfect (in the pool too).
We ate at least two meals at the pool restaraunt and were happy...prices were what we expected (some reviewers wrote the food was "pricey" ; I didn't think so but we are from the Chicago area and the prices here are similar). For other meals we tried several restaraunts in the area which you really need a car to reach from the hotel.
Our room was perfect. Very clean,comfortable and roomy.
The only thing I wasn't pleased with was that I had to pay extra to check out @ 4pm (1/2 our room rate) yet our keys were locked out and I had to return twice to the desk to work this out. Took up alot of the time that I had to pay extra for. We will definitely try to avoid having to check out so late in the future as was really not worth the cost; but we had to do it this time so it is wat it is!
All in all we were very satisfied and will definitley stay here again if we return to this area!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Miami, FLA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I've stayed at just about every Marriott hotel as well as other brands throughout Florida & the Caribbean due to my job, as well as families preference for beach vacations - and I can say without a doubt this has been my best hotel experience. People make the experience, although my room was very nice with a modern, clean boutique style - yet functional for a family trip. The view from the high floor balcony of the Atlantic ocean, and for the fireworks made our stay very nice, but the exceptional staff who went above and beyond to make my family feel like we were home is what made write this. The AGM Chris was first on our list, as he quickly replied to my email request for our family vacation, but then Francesco the Maitre D' at McCoy's. Not only learned our names within 5 minutes of sitting down to have a drink on arrival, but greeted us like old friends every time we even passed within 50 feet of him. My 4 year old daughter thought he was the best. The food at the lobby restaurant was delicious with good portions. For breakfast if you like egg sandwiches - go for the broken yolk sandwich on rye bread - I'm still savoring it, and Rey the restaurant manager was ever present to make sure all was in order (he even had my daughters giant inflatable turtle inflated for us).
Yes you do need to pay extra for the chairs and umbrellas on the beach, but I felt well worth it and the outside vendor allows to charge to the room - so extra Marriott Rewards points. My wife went to the Spa and had a nice massage and said the room was clean, and well appointed with a good massage table (if you've ever had a massage on a small table where your arms fall off the side - you'll appreciate this even more).
Thanks to the management and staff our family 4th of July tradition was a fantastic experience.

Room Tip: Corner Suite have lots of windows to see the Ocean.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Palm Bay, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

The valet service was awesome (they were all very friendly) & so were the people at the front desk. The room itself was nice, and it was clean. Unfortunately, that's about all the positive I can give. We had an ocean "view" King room. You could see the ocean- sort of - if we stood sideways on the patio & leaned over a bit. There's a better view of the hotel next door & the road.

The restaurant was awful (except for the very nice hostess). Breakfast buffet cost over $50 for just two people & our "server" kept disappearing. Most of the "hot" food was cold. Thankfully, the hostess told us we could order eggs prepared fresh - but our server was obviously unhappy that we asked for something-she huffed & puffed & slammed out her book to take our order (it took close to an hour before we finally got our omelettes!). When I asked for some milk for my coffee; I was told it was "over at the buffet" (and she waved over toward the area). Then when I asked for more sugar, she walked away, went to the computer, walked around the floor & then finally wandered back over. Same thing happened when my husband asked for something. The coffee had grounds in it, but by the time we realized it, the server never came back for us to tell her. The restaurant was NOT crowded at all. For the price of that breakfast - even if we DID go to the buffet (a la carte is about the same cost) - I expect much better service and a whole lot better tasting food. I've been treated better - with much better attitudes - at "cheaper" hotels!!

Room Tip: Use a different hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Resort073113, Director of Food and Beverage at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Carol S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Pompano Beach Marriott Resort and Spa. We especially welcome comments, to therefore improve our product and service. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel rooms, valet and Front Desk staff members!

As the Food and Beverage Director, please allow me to personally apologize for the service inconvenience you experienced at McCoy's breakfast. This is not typical to the service we provide at the resort.
I have shared your feedback with my hosts for everyone to see your positive and honest feedback. I do hope we get another opportunity to serve you! taylor.hall@marriott.com

Best Regards,

Taylor Hall
Director of Food and Beverage

Been to Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!