“Parking was the only Issue” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1200 North Ocean Boulevard, Pompano Beach, FL 33062   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Up To 20% Off Resorts
Ranked #4 of 35 hotels in Pompano Beach
Omaha, Nebraska
“Parking was the only Issue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We had a O.F. corner suite. Clean nice with a great view of the beach and ocean. No problems with the hotel or room. Pool area nice. outside bar area nice. Pool staff very attentive and well trained. This location is great for walks on the beach, dinner out, shopping etc. We have been all over FLA and are trying too decide where we might start to spend our winters. This area is going to be it for us. Close too Fort L. and Miami but not so congested in pompano beach. Only issue with this Marriott is parking. Its all valet because they have no room too let you self park. The valet did a great job and we seldom waited so that was fine, just a pain when your there for a week. Nice joint though.

Room Tip: O.F. of course. why else would you stay on the beach

126 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Meadville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Enjoyed our week there staying by the pool and treated very nicely. Robert helped us with our stay and brief "move". I still don't believe they don't have a house phone. I forgot something up in my room and wanted to call my wife to bring it down when she came down. I went to front desk and asked where the house phone was and girl said they didn't have one and just use the front desk phone. I told her the room number she dialed it and handed me the phone. With two other people standing beside me and her also standing there they could here my entire conversation. Now it wasn't anything important but I thought if it was - I wouldn't want everyone to over hear our conversation . Please install a house phone!!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My fiance recently decided to surprise me with a relaxing getaway and I'm so glad he chose this resort. Upon check-in, we were greeted by friendly faces and were ecstatic to learn we had received a GORGEOUS, ocean-front room. Though I'm pretty sure every room at this resort has a view, our room and view was breathtaking! The beach-chic room was clean and open. We spent most of our stay laying in cozy robes on our own private balcony, overlooking the beach and pool areas and sipping champagne we ordered from room service. We ventured down to McCoy's Oceanfront Restaurant in the evening for some signature cocktails at their indoor/outdoor bar, and they were amazing. Though we didn't stay for dinner at McCoy's, we were sure to go back for breakfast.. (After we watched the sun rise from our balcony of course) You can sit inside or outside, but of course, we chose outside where we thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast buffet on a sunny morning! Wish we could have stayed longer, but our stay was truly a treat.

Jax, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband is a platinum, lifetime member , who travels a lot with work, choosing Marriott hotels as his hotel of choice. We also often choose it, as we did this time, for vacation get- aways! This new ocean front, spa resort did not disappoint. Two connected buildings, each have a pool, with an outdoor dining area and bar between them. There is indoor dining as well on site, as well. There is a small hot tub, and both cabana covered and , uncovered chairs on the beach as well as pool side. Also, there's plenty of seating (this time of year at least), at either. One can rent sea-doos, use a fitness center, or indulge in many spa opportunities, here.
There is a kids' club, but check the time of year for availability and hours. On the beach there is an area set up for kids and sand toys, and a wooden sail boat/ sand box. You don't have to enroll the kids in any program for them to enjoy this.
There is a breakfast buffet that costs about $25/ person ( not sure of pricing for kids). Along with a great fresh fruit bar, there are the usual eggs, oatmeal, biscuits and gravy, but additionally , waffles, and omelets to order are yours for asking . You can however choose from a menu, if a smaller meal is preferred.
We choose an ocean front room with a wrap around balcony , but all rooms have at least an ocean view.
We would choose to return if we are in this area again.

Room Tip: Ocean front with a wrap around balcony, two chaise lounges, a small ( wicker) table and two chairs o...
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My wife and I are Platinum Elite Members with Marriott. We travel extensively and have many experiences (both good and bad) at Marriott hotels, across the country. This particular hotel, Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa is now on the top of our list!
We just spent three days, two nights, at this hotel and we already are look forward to going back. The entire staff was professional/helpful the entire visit, the location is ideal (Ocean front) and the rooms were beautiful. Everything was top notch (restaurant, fitness center etc.) and the room was reasonably priced for a beach front property.
I want to single out two employees who were extra special during our visit. The valet has an individual named Rodrigo Magalhaes. He is the most efficient, professional and friendliest valet personnel I have ever seen. He made my wife and I feel so special. He also takes alot of pride in his position/company. Great guy and we can't wait to go back and see him! The other individual we enjoyed is at the front desk named Tara Anadol. She made us feel so welcome and went over the top with accommodating all our requests. She was so kind and a perfect face/person for any front desk hotel! We will make sure we look for her next time we come back.
When traveling to the Ft. Lauderdale/Pompano Beach area, make sure you check us this hotel. You will not be dissapointed! Frank Tedesco

Room Tip: Get the corner suites if you can (we had room 700) with direct Ocean View! Spectacular view/s and n...
Stamford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Recently stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. The hotel is fairly new so the property is fresh. Had an excellent direct oceanfront room with a wide balcony. The property is right on the beach so there is easy access to the ocean. Nice pool area with two pools and a whirlpool. I would certainly recommend the resort if you are looking for an oceanfront hotel in the area.

I had a couple of issues were with the restaurant. I ordered an appetizer at the pool bar and they forgot about it. I had to remind the bartender. Also ate breakfast at the restaurant and ordered off the menu rather than doing the buffet and it took about 25 minutes for the food to arrive. A tad long. Seems like they need to work some things out. I have seen worst. Also ordered room service which was prompt and good. However, I had to ask for dining menu since none was in the room.

Valet is $25 and we were fine with that…not unusual for a beach front resort. Despite comments in other posts, valet service was excellent. Never took more than 5 minutes to get my car during a busy weekend.

My only issue is that I’m a Marriott Gold member and that doesn’t carry any weight here. I asked for an hour extra at checkout and was given a half hour.

I stay in South Florida a couple of times a year and I expect to be back at this hotel.

Tinton Falls, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is a very nice property, but with a few glitches in management. To be beachfront and then charge $30 to sit in a beach chair is crazy. What is the "resort fee" for? Got some stupid story from the chair salesperson. The pool area gets crowded and loud because it is way too expensive to sit on the beach in a chair with the Marriott logo. The waitstaff at the pool was very nice and friendly, but it took a long time to get someone to notice you. When sitting at a pool side table for lunch, it took 20 minutes to even get a drink. The spa was fantastic, great massage. Just get rid of the loud, crunchy snack in the "quiet room"!

Room Tip: All room have a water view, better view the closer to the beach end of either building
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!