“Everything You Need!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1200 North Ocean Boulevard, Pompano Beach, FL 33062   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$50 Nightly Credit
Ranked #6 of 35 hotels in Pompano Beach
“Everything You Need!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Wonderful smiling staff, pampered and chatted us just the right amount. Gorgeous pool was heated like a bathtub, and the hot tub was deep and relaxing. The chairs were surrounded by palms and greenery, making it seem like a paradise. A short walk to the beach that was a bit rough due to the weather pattern, making it hazardous to swim, but I still found lots of white coral pieces and a few jellyfish (was not stung). The room was quiet, super comfortable, lovely amenities and soft thick towels, large shower and wrap around balcony with view of both sides of hotel as well as ocean. Restaurant was moderately priced, great specials and delicious desserts. Breakfast buffet had many choices and good coffee. I loved every aspect of the hotel, from the beautiful chandeliers to the flowers and helpful staff. Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
RichByrd, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind feedback. It's always our intention to exceed your expectations whenever we have the opportunity. Really great to see that you had a good stay. I will pass along to our team your thoughts.

We truly appreciate your business and we look forward to the opportunity to have you as our guest in the future the next time you are in South Florida.

If there is anything else that I can ever do for you now, or in the future, please do not hesitate to call me at the Hotel.

190 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

First time staying at this hotel and now it's our new "home away from home". The accommodations were outstanding. The rooms are spacious and very clean. Lobby is nice where you'll find coffee and spa water along with computers for complimentary on line access as well as a little food market. The entire staff on all levels are very professional and friendly and they make you feel like a special guest. The restaurant, bar and pool areas are very well kept and offers something for everyone. Valet staff was very friendly and efficient. Now the best part, you're just steps away from the beach. A very clean and quiet beach...a great beach location for families and couples alike. Beach chairs, cabanas and jet ski rentals available on site. One word...PERFECT!

Room Tip: If a beach front room is not in your budget, we stayed in a partial beach view room with a balcony a...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a couple nights. Great comfy clean rooms, amazing location, nice pool area, very good service from waitresses and bartenders. Really enjoyed this property and would stay again with family or for business. Only downside is no converge lounge for Marriott loyalists.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
RichByrd, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Thank you for being our guest and for the kind feedback. We truly appreciate your business and we look forward to the opportunity to have you as our guest in the future. If there is anything I can do for you please do not hesitate to ask.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I booked three rooms for long weekend with friends from the UK. We could not have happier with our stay. From the moment we check-in to the time we checked out we had a wonderful stay. The staff from check-in (Michael) to the girls in restaurant for breakfast made our stay. We felt at home and can't wait to return next year! I'm a Platinum Elite Lifetime member of Marriott rewards and I must say a big thank-you to the team that was working during our stay. The girls for the UK misses you all already. Thanks!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your recent visit to our hotel the Marriott Pompano Beach Resort &Spa. We all enjoyed meeting you an your family while here in Pompano.

My entire team and I looks forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in South Florida. If there is anything else that we can ever do for you now, or in the future, please do not hesitate to call me at the hotel.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

We stayed here for a week in early November. The hotel grounds are beautiful and well maintained. Our room was wonderful, on the top floor, and we had a great view of the pool and beach! My only complaints about this stay would be that there is some kind of beach excavation going on which made it quite loud on the pool/beach, but this is a city project and the hotel can't be faulted for this. The hotel staff were wonderful! Very helpful, friendly, they make every guest feel like a VIP. We arrived from a long travel and the gentleman at the front desk who checked us in gave us a couple complementary drink tickets which we greatly appreciated. We also had a complementary breakfast as we are marriot rewards members and the breakfast buffet was great! We really enjoyed our stay and will be back !

• Stayed November 2013
RichByrd, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thanks you for your kind feedback. I truly appreciate your business and hope you will consider staying with Marriott Pompano Beach Resort and Spa again in the future if the opportunity presents itself.

Regarding the noise on the beach, it is the state adding sand to the beachs. The project is completed in front our hotels and should be totally completed by December 13th for the rest of the beach front along the North Ocean Boulevard.

If there is anything that I can ever do for you now, or in the future, please do not hesitate to call me at the hotel.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

As I stay in the area frequently with my career travels, I was actually anxious to explore this renovated property, wanting to stay for a week then maybe two if the week worked out well workwise. I usually stay across the street at one of the remodeled motels but they were booked solid due to a family event with their lodgers.

I made arrangements for this Marriott property with an online vendor, a major one, who did not process my itinerary correctly, even though I had a confirmation. I walked into the Marriott in the afternoon, well after the acceptable check-in time and was told my reservation was not in existence. I said, Okay, verified my Booking.com which was correct, but the clerk said it was not received by the hotel. (No-one checking their vendors email initiating a reservation for blocked rooms?) I asked her to pull it up in their system and to please arrange accordingly and I provided my information to her - to which she didn't een bother looking. She could have switched over to the Booking.com vendor page and verified if Iwas listed as an arrival, but she stayed on the property management screen. So I asked if I could book directly with her instead, for a week, if she would honor the same Booking.com rate. I said I will cancel with Booking.com as THEY don't charge me the fee, the hotel property does.

She laughingly said that would save them their commission they pay out and I agreed. When I asked again for the same online rate that she could match, in accommodating the accounting error on the property's part, she seemed confused why I would want her to do that. She said the rack rate was higher and required of her and could not offer aninternet rate. The clerk left having to ask another manager (who did not come out from another office) to verify a reservation or inquire with me directly.

I was then told there were no rooms available and felt totally displaced. Absolute ignorance to a potential guest with a lengthy for a lengthy stay. Plenty of rooms available. I checked my ipad again on Expedia and they had twenty rooms of the same type available blocked off for this property. I asked for one of those rooms and was told no, that rates may be lower but are not offered to me for a week stay due to incoming availability. This was prior to the Boat Show and there was plenty of availability.

I have stayed at too many properties throughout my career travels and know that she and her ghost manager in the back office did not even look at the Booking.com vendor site for my arrival. I cancelled with Booking.com, they called the property with me listening in on the call with the clerk who said she could not find it. Amazing.

I ended up going North and staying in Deerfield Beach, out of my way but the customer service I received ata time share/open availability property was outstanding. I paid more in rate but received much more relaxation than intended and forgot about Marriott immediately.

Never again will I stay at a Marriott property. They are becoming worse and worse and no semblance of hospitality can be seen. Are they hiring untalented job seekers at low wages now too? Even the finer flagged properties of Marriott such as the Ritz are lackluster now. A shame. My average travel expenses for hotel/motel reimburseements average out to $27k annually, which doesn't include the food per diem. I will kindly use those monies elsewhere where hospitality still exists.

Room Tip: Nice, new, pristine, renovated properties do not necessitate great hospitality. Branded Flagged pro...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
RichByrd, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
I apologize for the issues that you experienced during your check in process. I understand that there was some miscommunication on our part with how third party booking vendors. I'm sure you are aware that the hotel industry now has a number of third party booking vendors that have different agreements with hotels all over the world. Most hotels give the vendor a set number of rooms to sell each night and we take that inventory out of our rooms to sell at the hotel. The hotels can not see your information nor do we have a vendor page for Booking .com so that we can see your information. The third party vendor pays the hotel a set flat rate for each room they sell for the hotel. The vendor makes their revenues by up charging the rate sold to you the consumer. Thus we can not see the rate charged to you. Booking .com does not want hotels to be able to see what you are being charged as it is a private transaction. In regards to rooms open to sell, the vendors can't not see our actual live inventories at the hotel. The Expedia vendor may have 20 rooms open, that is what they have remaining of the block of rooms we allowed them to sell. This does not mean that we still have 20 in the rate/room type to sell.

I appreciate you taking the time to give feedback regarding our third party vendors and your experience at our hotel. This has made it clear that we need to do some additional with training with our new team members on how the third party vendors partner with our hotel. I will pass along the situation that you have experienced.

We truly appreciate your business and I hope you will consider staying with us and Marriott hotels again in the future if the opportunity presents itself.

If there is anything else that I can ever do for you now, or in the future, please do not hesitate to call me at the hotel.

Rich Byrd

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

As the previous reviewer stated, while all rooms have ocean view, most have only partial ones. As mine was 502, the view was not too good... a bit of disappointing.

The beach access was good though. And you can get the usage of the beach chair... next to the beach access for free. Found out the second day when I was trying to rent the beach chair.

The valet service was quite good. Called from my room and the car was ready when I came down.

One last thing - I did like the hot tub though I would expect that from a spa :)

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on our hotel. I apologize for the view issues that you experienced during your stay at our hotel. The Marriott Pompano Beach has 219 great guest rooms. We have about 10 rooms that do not have as much of a view of the ocean as the other 209 rooms that have awesome views of the ocean. The big difference with our hotel is that our hotel is located on the beach side of A1A and you do not have to cross A1A to get to the beach with your family. Exit your guest room and you are on the beach within 2 minutes.

We truly appreciate your business and feedback, I hope you will consider staying with us again in the future if the opportunity presents itself.

If there is anything else that I can ever do for you now, or in the future, please do not hesitate to call me at the number above.

Been to Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!