“Close access to beach but only partial ocean view” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1200 North Ocean Boulevard, Pompano Beach, FL 33062   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$50 Nightly Credit
Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Pompano Beach
“Close access to beach but only partial ocean view”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

As the previous reviewer stated, while all rooms have ocean view, most have only partial ones. As mine was 502, the view was not too good... a bit of disappointing.

The beach access was good though. And you can get the usage of the beach chair... next to the beach access for free. Found out the second day when I was trying to rent the beach chair.

The valet service was quite good. Called from my room and the car was ready when I came down.

One last thing - I did like the hot tub though I would expect that from a spa :)

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
RichByrd, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on our hotel. I apologize for the view issues that you experienced during your stay at our hotel. The Marriott Pompano Beach has 219 great guest rooms. We have about 10 rooms that do not have as much of a view of the ocean as the other 209 rooms that have awesome views of the ocean. The big difference with our hotel is that our hotel is located on the beach side of A1A and you do not have to cross A1A to get to the beach with your family. Exit your guest room and you are on the beach within 2 minutes.

We truly appreciate your business and feedback, I hope you will consider staying with us again in the future if the opportunity presents itself.

If there is anything else that I can ever do for you now, or in the future, please do not hesitate to call me at the number above.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

This hotel (or part of it) is brand new with all the pluses and minuses that come with that.
Pluses:
new clean up to date hotel and rooms
low occupancy so we felt like we owned the place (empty pool, restaurants, bar etc)
nice location (vacant lot to the south so great wide views of the ocean
very friendly staff

Minuses
mandatory valet parking (apart from the $25 plus tips a day was the feeling of not being able to come or go at leisure) makes no sense and was very annoying (they twice misplaced my keys)
woefully under trained inexperienced staff that tried there best but got everything wrong
-half our room service dinner was missing and two calls and an hour later the rest showed up but was again wrong
-lost keys at valet
-room cleaning late in the afternoon
-shortage of towels in room and at the pool
internet fiasco!!
-apart from paying $10 a day for what should be included in a $250 room the whole experience was awful, first the login process never worked so a series of calls to get logged in was required everyday of our stay. Second the speed was woefully slow and cutting out constantly (every time I went to look at emails I was filled with a sense of dread)
-this is not a resort, it's a nice hotel, too small for a resort and two big to have the convenience of a walk out to your car feel of a motor lodge

In conclusion this hotel has a lot of growing pains but given the few alternatives in Pompano it might still be the best choice....If they let you self park and provide fast free internet!!!!

p.s. we had the misfortune of listing to bulldozers and dump trucks clanking and beeping every morning as they replenished the beach. Be warned that they often do this in November after the storm season and before the high season

Room Tip: We were on an ocean front two room suite on the south corner of the south (new) tower. Very spaciou...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review for our new Pompano Beach Marriott. I understand that you have some concern regarding our parking situation. We do require all guest to valet because we stack our cars so that we have parking for all our guest. Real estate is of a premium along the oceanfront. Thus, if we allowed guest to self park we would not have control of all parked cars in the gargae. We use a system called stacking which is parking cars behind each other where in fact we able to double parking spaces in our garage. If we did not control the parking we would not have parking space for all our guest. This is why we require all our guest to valet park.

We truly appreciate your business and I hope you will consider staying with us again in the future if the opportunity presents itself.

If there is anything else that I can ever do for you now, or in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel.
Devon, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

As previous reviewers have said.....why "valet only" parking? It made no sense to me but we chose not to dispute it. The guys at valet could not have been nicer. We were here for two nights....a wedding and the NASCAR race at Homestead. Our room was lovely but that was on the third try.......all "oceanview rooms" are not the same. You want to be sure you are in a room that is closer to the ocean.
The best part of our stay was when we returned at 10:30 on Sunday night after driving 3 hours from Homestead. We were able to have a glass of wine at the bar but the restaurant had closed early. Our bartender Darlene was a lifesaver. She went into the kitchen and came out with a lovely cheese plate, fruit and muffins. If it wasn't for Darlene our dinner would have been a bag of potato chips.
The breakfast is great and the outside patio is very nice. All of the staff do whatever they can to make you happy and comfortable. We would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are in the South Tower you want a room overlooking the pool rather than the empty lot next do...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I stayed one night and was pleasantly surprised. The room design is excellent, very stylish and all brand new. On a personal note, I hate valet parking, I find it intrusive and highly irritating. There is absolutely no reason for 'valet only' at this property other than exacting a few more dollars from their guests. They are charging for Internet access as well, another big mistake in my book. I am now actively avoiding hotels that charge for this service. Although parking was included with my rate (confirmed by the receptionist at check-in) I still received a bill under my door in the morning for parking ($26) It was their grand opening party and they provided complimentary wine and soda in the room fridge as a free gift. Get rid of valet parking, internet charges and sort out your billing and you'll get 5 stars from me every time.

Lawton, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

The view from my balcony was absolutely beautiful to wake up to !! I was on the southeast end of the building, and could look down on the pool and hot tub to see if it was available or too crowded to bother with, and had a gorgeous sunrise beach view in the mornings to wake up to. Temperature in the mornings was around 72 degrees, with a light breeze, and very enjoyable to sit on the balcony and enjoy a cup of gourmet coffee ! Clean, large bathrooms, well stocked amenities, courteous and professional staff. Great breakfast buffet, with eggs to order.

Room Tip: Southeast end !!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Holland, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I travel quite a bit for work, and especially in south Florida I am usually underwhelmed by the level of service at hotels and restaurants. I have to say that I experienced maybe the best, friendliest, most outgoing service I have experienced in the past 2 years - anywhere in the US. From the valet guys to the reception desk to walking me to the elevator while introducing me to the property, to the maître 'd at the restaurant..... the smiles were prevelant and seemed like the staff were genuinely happy to be there and to be at my service.

I had breakfast at the restaurant and mostly attended business meetings, but at every turn the service was excellent. And the breakfast buffet was very good. My only regret was that I was here for one night, two days for business. Next time I will plan on bringing my wife and enjoying an extra day or two on the beach.

Room Tip: There are two towers with each floor having only two rooms truly facing the ocean. All other rooms...
Danbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Wow, from start to finish I was super impressed with this venue. Alexis W. was our sales manager and she was more than accommodating. We hosted a smaller meeting- about 30 people, 3 meals, and 12 rooms. Even though we were a smaller meeting I felt like they valued our business. The hotel is right on the water and has 2 beautiful pools. The staff was SO friendly. Marco at the front desk was awesome. We had one very minor issue with our catering and in return they comped ALL our soda for the day! I had a late flight and wanted to enjoy the ocean before I left. The staff let me use a room to shower in! SO helpful. I stayed in an Executive Suite. It was clean and spacious with an incredible view on the ocean. Overall top notch service in a beautiful venue! Thank you Alexis & staff! We will definitely be back for more meetings!

Room Tip: Ocean view is so worth the extra $!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Been to Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!