“Overall a Nice Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 35 hotels in Pompano Beach
Plainview, New York
“Overall a Nice Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Although our room expectations were different, the front desk made an accommodation for us even though we booked the room from a third party. The setting was nice and music was playing the day of our arrival. Rooms are average but the beds comfortable, the value was good. My only complaint is the valet parking. I prefer to self park. You need a car to travel to what's around. Workout room is exceptional.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

230 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Where to start - being treated like theives for asking for what we paid for and had evidence to support? Or, being given flimsy plastic silverware and a red plastic childrens plate because we ate on the patio of the restaurant - actually part of the restaurant? Or, having them deny room charges despite an $800 hold on my credit card and a $350 resort credit and then having the snot nosed manager hang up on me when I brought it to his attention? The worst vacation EVER - all due to their arrogance, poor customer service and horrible ability to communicate with customers. They need to fire the entire staff at this hotel and start over. I can prove everything stated here. If you are thinking about booking your vacation at this hotel - BEWARE!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else if you don't want a hassle while on vacation.
Key Largo, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I normally don't write reviews but wanted to say that my husband and I were a little disappointed with this hotel. We were not aware that the hotel was valet parking only as we were not told upon check in but we were also not told that there was a $25.00 fee plus tax charged everyday. The hotel deducted it which was very nice of them. We did not eat but the drinks were very expensive. My husband and I never mind spending money when we go away but this was a little steep. The room was very nice and the view was spectacular but we just do not like to give someone our keys overnight. I am sure they are trustworthy but when we go away, we go in and out a lot and just did not feel comfortable always having to ask for our car. I am sure it is good for others but just was not a hotel for us.

Pompano Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I spent 53 nights at the sister property next door, to much disappointment (see my review). On my extended stay next door, I watched this hotel being built. One tower is new, and the other tower was existing but completely gutted. I'm a local, but rely on these hotels while my house is under renovation. After being chased out of my house again because of toxic paint primer, I decided to crash at this new hotel. After checking in, I wished I had longer of a stay there. The place is brand new and clean. The rooms are new, clean and comfortable. Complimentary breakfast the following am was excellent. The staff, because the hotel is new, is on their game, and very polite and helpful. There's nothing not to like, especially for the price.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Boardman, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

My husband and I spent 5 days at this Marriott for a little getaway vacation and were not disappointed about anything! We stayed in an executive suite, which ended up being a corner room with. 2-sided balcony overlooking the pools and ocean... Beautiful views! Food was delicious and overall service was outstanding! Everyone was extremely friendly and accommodating - especially Saralee at the front desk and Francesco in the restaurant! We would not hesitate coming back here and hope to be able to do so again very soon!

Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Very nice rooms, well trained staff. Nearly new. Good food. But valet parking only makes it awkward for divers. Lots of minor nickel and dime ways to require fees and tips that may be ok for a fancier property and location.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Coral Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I own a virtual consulting practice, and had my entire team in town for a strategy meeting. This property was wonderful for a meeting of my size company (36 employees and subcontractors). The conference room overlooks the ocean with wonderful views. To keep everyone focused, we had them looking away. But on the breaks, they were able to enjoy the view. The rooms were very nice, the staff was wonderful and, well, it was on the ocean. We had some meals there and went to nearby restaurants for others. In doing that, they were able to arrange a shuttle. The only potential downside for a cost-conscious business whose employees are not in driving distance is the transportation to/from the airport. But with enough employees in town, were able to work that out. Also, for the cost-conscious, the only parking option is valet, and that is $50/night.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!